Is this a blue penstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I just ordered myself my personal holy grail in vaping - 3 x blue yup BLUE penstyle batteries manual of course, 3 x blue pen atties and an adapter to stuff into the charger from heaven gifts :D

I then read down the page

"Features: Needs charging adapter or special USB charger! Wine red manual-switch battery with blue LED for DSE801 pen e-cig" does that mean its going to arrive RED? I really really wanted blue :(

Here is the item
MANUAL battery for DSE801 e-cig blue - Spare Parts - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

I really hope it was just a mistake and it really is blue!!!

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
It looks as though they just copied the info from the red batt.

What is really troubling though is the fact that they carry the Long 510 batteries but if you live in the US or UK you can't buy it?!?!?!??!? WTF???

"But we are very sorry that we can not supply such item for American and British distributors! If an American or British distributor order this item by mistake, we have to remove it from your order!"

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Would have been a nice 510 to vape on the plane though!

That was my thought as well, great for plane rides and car trips...

I'd guess Janty and TW have some sort of exclusive distributor rights in the US.

Good point, hopefully, it's not a sign of things to come....

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
It looks as though they just copied the info from the red batt.

What is really troubling though is the fact that they carry the Long 510 batteries but if you live in the US or UK you can't buy it?!?!?!??!? WTF???

"But we are very sorry that we can not supply such item for American and British distributors! If an American or British distributor order this item by mistake, we have to remove it from your order!"

Pure speculation: Perhaps TECC and Totally Wicked have the exclusive distribution rights for the 510 Mega batteries. Do you know of any other US or UK supplier of the 510 mega batts?

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Here in the UK there aren't many good e-cigs available in blue or anything other than gold, black, white, silver or red and its depressing!!

Nothing looks good in black apart from the shiny DSE901 with GREEN LED to me but it doesn't vape so well

Red penstyle from e-cigs.co.uk is pretty cool but its not blue!

Totally wicked just have gold, black or white 510s

We need more colours!!!!!!

edit-- ohh yeah and the illustrated guide you made is awesome!!

Last edited:

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
edit-- ohh yeah and the illustrated guide you made is awesome!!

Same here!! Your guide has made my life sooooo much easier. I used to type out this convoluted guide to vapeing in email form to friends, family and folks I'd meet on the street. Now, I just have the link saved to your thread and I email that and the list of suppliers, followed by a sympathetic "Good Luck" and I'm done!!

I was also happy to see my size comparison photo of e-cigs made it. It's nice to see my tan prodigy made the guide!! If I had known it was going to be posted elsewhere I'd have used a better camera :p

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US

The 510 mega batteries are 280mAh, cost $19.99 each from Totally Wicked (5-pack price is $14.00).
The 801 manual batteries are 280mAh, cost $9.00 each from Heavens Gifts.

How would this work: use the cheaper 801 batteries with a 510 atty.

You would need to:
- Buy the manual 801 batteries, charging adapter ($3.50) and charger ($6.00) from Heavens Gifts.
- Buy an 801 battery-to-510 atty adapter from AltSmoke ($12.95).

My girlfriend uses the reverse setup, an 801 atty with a 510 mega battery. The adapter is screwed tightly into the atty and stays attached to it during battery changes. It's been working perfectly for a month or so.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
The 510 mega batteries are 280mAh, cost $19.99 each from Totally Wicked (5-pack price is $14.00).
The 801 manual batteries are 280mAh, cost $9.00 each from Heavens Gifts.

How would this work: use the cheaper 801 batteries with a 510 atty.

You would need to:
- Buy the manual 801 batteries, charging adapter ($3.50) and charger ($6.00) from Heavens Gifts.
- Buy an 801 battery-to-510 atty adapter from AltSmoke ($12.95).

My girlfriend uses the reverse setup, an 801 atty with a 510 mega battery. The adapter is screwed tightly into the atty and stays attached to it during battery changes. It's been working perfectly for a month or so.

BINGO!! Now to attach DSE901 attie to pen battery using the adapter from the GG :D

I wonder if I got an 801 to 510 battery adapter I could use the 510 manual passthrough on the pen!

--edit-- oops wrong way round, I would have to vape the pen on a 901 battery :(

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

"if you live in the US or UK you can't buy it?"

That's not what the notice says.

It's only if you're a US or UK distributor. I just made a bulk order for the 510 megas at heaven gifts. I'm not a distributor.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
"if you live in the US or UK you can't buy it?"

That's not what the notice says.

It's only if you're a US or UK distributor. I just made a bulk order for the 510 megas at heaven gifts. I'm not a distributor.

Whew! Thats good news, I guess one panicks when they see big messages whilst ordering!

Anyway, I got my parcel shipped and Heaven gifts confirmed they are blue and they corrected the mistake :D

Also rather guttingly LibertyFlights had blue all along right here in the UK but accidentally put them as pink, they corrected their little error too but I already ordered from Heaven gifts so I'll have to wait for the mail from China hehe! :evil:

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Just a note - the manual 801 batteries don't charge well in the chargers that look like little tombstones when you stand them up. And you know how I know... :D

Will they be OK in the rectangular mains pen chargers that look like the ones from the DSE901? Its not rounded on the end like a 510 charger and I think I lost my pen USB charger hehe!!

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hi, Tribalmasters,

It depends on far down into the charger it fits. The button is the problem. It sticks out slightly. Stick one of your normal batteries into the charger and mark where it sticks out with a finger, and then unscrew the charger from the battery. If it's below the level of the switch when inserted, it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread