• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is this a good price for glass dropper bottles for DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
So today I just about blew a gasket when I went to open yet another "child resistant" dropper bottle that should actually be called ADULT RESISTANT. I mixed up a cactus concoction on the weekend and wanted to give it a whirl today and for the life of me, I cannot get the bottle open. It's 6 hours later and the bottle is still not open.

Grrrrrrr!

Having finally lost it, I went online shopping for some NON CHILD RESISTANT glass dropper bottles. I figured if I have to make a one time investment of $100 to get around 50 or 60 good bottles, I would.

After shopping around for about 10 long minutes I found (and bought):

36 - 30ml amber glass bottles with lid and dropper included
12 - 60ml amber glass bottles with lid and dropper included

for a grand total of $20.62 CDN (including shipping)

So am I dreaming here or what? Is this a good price or is there somewhere cheaper? If anyone knows of a better price I sure would be interested. I'm already afraid these are so cheap there is going to be something wrong with them when they arrive (but hey, for the price of one commercial bottle of juice I am willing to take the gamble).

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
We have a apothecary in our town and I bought 50ml amber bottles without the dripper for a buck apiece, I could have bought the drippers but didn't want them. They had other sizes of blue, clear and amber bottles but the 50's were all I was after to store my nic in the freezer with. Some health food stores have bottles but they are a bit expensive so they can keep them.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
We have a apothecary in our town and I bought 50ml amber bottles without the dripper for a buck apiece, I could have bought the drippers but didn't want them. They had other sizes of blue, clear and amber bottles but the 50's were all I was after to store my nic in the freezer with. Some health food stores have bottles but they are a bit expensive so they can keep them.

I can't find any dropper bottles around here... I think I would probably have to drive up to Hamilton or Toronto to find them and they would probably be a buck or more when I get there, plus tax, plus gas and driving time. Plus a big condition for me is they have to not be child resistant - I've had to throw out several bottles now that I cannot get the cap off of (I had to rip the rubber thingie out and pour the liquid into another bottle).

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Best prices I've seen we're at 70 cents a bottle for a large quantity. If you find anything near 1.00, it's a good deal for a small quantity of bottles. They last a really long time so even if they're at 1.50 each, it's all good!

Okay thanks! I thought this looked like a good deal - each bottle is costing me 43 cents shipped. I hope they are decent quality - at this price I can't expect top of the line but at least they are not child resistant caps and that was my main motivation.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Amazon.... and darn it! I got an email this morning saying my order has been cancelled.

Greetings from Amazon.ca,

We're sorry, but the following order from True or False Products has been canceled because the items you purchased were out of stock. Please return and attempt to purchase again at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

2 of Eclectic Supply B37-6 Glass Bottles for Essential Oils with Glass Eye Dropper, 2 oz Capacity, Amber (Pack of 6)
(http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008ZSX42K)

3 of 1oz Amber Glass Bottles for Essential Oils with Glass Eye Dropper - Pack of 12
(http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00STLP7AU)

Your credit card was not charged for the order.

Geez... I wonder why!!! Do you think the seller made a mistake in the listing??? Out of stock, my .....

Oh well, back to the drawing board. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread