Is this also a spot to ask questions or did I miss a sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Greetings and salutations @Uwell_Elle and/or @Uwell_Neil,

First of all, my apologies if this is not the spot to ask questions about your products.
I don't see a sticky to indicate I should not be, so I shall try my luck.
Please bear in mind that I have not vaped in years so technology has cuaght up with me (and prices seem to have dropped exponentially!)

About your product
I am quite happy with my uwell Nnunchaku 80w; the display is feeding me some essential info and everything seems highly configurable. I should add the base feels solid (is that quality material???) and is pleasant to hold.
The only point of improvement I can find is the manual which could be quite a bit more elaborate and, so I feel, should contain some recommendations perhaps provide advertisement oppertunities for liquids.
Furthermore, the option to lock my current configuration with the "-" and "+" buttons doesn't seem to be remembered after powering down, and powering up again.
Which is, ofcourse, remedied by "some getting used to".
I'm only vaping for a day or two now with my rig.

My question
Since there is always some personal prefference, I've chosen to combine your pen with a Nautilus 2 tank which is essential info for my question;
My tank comes with a preinstalled coil, which should be a 0.7 ohm BVC.
I've set up the power to 20.0w (and/or? the NiTemp to 200°).
But it doesn't seem like I can change the ohm's which is set to 1.78 Ω?
Am I missing something? Shouldn't the Nnunchaku detect the resistance, or am I asking a dumb questions??

Awaiting some much needed enlightenment, I remain your humble customer...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

First of all, my apologies if this is not the spot to ask questions about your products.
Please bear in mind that I have not vaped in years so technology has cuaght up with me (and prices seem to have dropped exponentially!)

About your product
I am quite happy with my Uwell Nnunchaku 80w; the display is feeding me some essential info and everything seems highly configurable. I should add the base feels solid (is that quality material???) and is pleasant to hold.
The only point of improvement I can find is the manual which could be quite a bit more elaborate and, so I feel, should contain some recommendations perhaps provide advertisement oppertunities for liquids.
Furthermore, the option to lock my current configuration with the "-" and "+" buttons doesn't seem to be remembered after powering down, and powering up again.

My question
Since there is always some personal prefference, I've chosen to combine your pen with a Nautilus 2 tank which is essential info for my question;
Am I missing something? Shouldn't the Nnunchaku detect the resistance, or am I asking a dumb questions??

Yeah, lol. Instruction manuals tend to be pretty sparse for anything of this type. They have to do them in multiple languages after all. YouTube reviews are generally what folks wind up using. @Mordacai posted one that should help you, but if for some reason it doesn’t there are likely dozens of others.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@bombastinator and @TheGentleman, I think that one of the worst manufacturers for manuals may be SXmini. Any smaller and you could legally class them as a postage stamp.
The worst manual I’ve run into so far is the one for the xtar VTX dragon charger. Many of its features aren’t even mentioned. I take your point though.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Thanks for the replies lads (sorry for the assumption).
@TheGentleman
Plus and Minus button= read coil resistance
Hope that this is of some use to you.
Oh! I've seen this "new coil" menu mentioned somewhere in the manual, thanks for showing me where and how to find it. It only seems available under the "Ni Temp Mode"...
My preinstalled nautilus coil, should be a 0.7 ohm BVC but it registers as 1.8Ω/1.9? What the freak??
Voltage at 60watts??

Am I using this wrong? :confused:
Maybe my coil is DOA. Just in case I'll give it a go since I ordered some spare coils (better safe then sorry).
Further feedback or input would be welcomed. :unsure:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um you can't vape your coil in temp mode, sorry. Kanthal either fluctuates to wildly or not enough, I always forget which. But you need to put it in wattage mode. I have a feeling your coil may register correctly once you do that. I've never heard of that mod having that issue, it's probably your settings.

Also..... Coils are going to be SOMEWHAT variant, they are machine made and not perfect. Also, some coils, the resistance will climb a bit as they gunk up.

You really just don't ever want to lock your coil resistance. Just let the mod do the work (unless it's genuinely defective in which case send it back.)

Once you get around to TC, well stainless steel can do temp AND wattage, titanium and nickel should ONLY be vaped in TC mode because otherwise they give off nasty icky byproducts.

The BVC coil is MANY things of virtue and a great vape but I don't think they will EVER make TC capable coils for it. WHY? No clue. They are making a quite lovely 0.7 mesh coil. It's really good. But also kanthal.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Um you can't vape your coil in temp mode, sorry. Kanthal either fluctuates to wildly or not enough, I always forget which. But you need to put it in wattage mode. I have a feeling your coil may register correctly once you do that. I've never heard of that mod having that issue, it's probably your settings.

Also..... Coils are going to be SOMEWHAT variant, they are machine made and not perfect. Also, some coils, the resistance will climb a bit as they gunk up.

You really just don't ever want to lock your coil resistance. Just let the mod do the work (unless it's genuinely defective in which case send it back.)

Once you get around to TC, well stainless steel can do temp AND wattage, titanium and nickel should ONLY be vaped in TC mode because otherwise they give off nasty icky byproducts.

The BVC coil is MANY things of virtue and a great vape but I don't think they will EVER make TC capable coils for it. WHY? No clue. They are making a quite lovely 0.7 mesh coil. It's really good. But also kanthal.

Anna
Not enough. Barely at all. Not nearly enough to detect with current equipment. That’s one of the reasons stainless was late to the party. It doesn’t fluctuate much either. It’s enough for newer equipment though.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Um you can't vape your coil in temp mode .... But you need to put it in wattage mode. I have a feeling your coil may register correctly once you do that. I've never heard of that mod having that issue, it's probably your settings.

Anna
Aha, that explains a bit of my experience, thanks!
The "Ni Temp" is the only setting that seems to allow the manual autodetect (thanks again @Mordacai for pointing out he +/- thingy which I found there after some fidgeting).

Testing the autodetect with different coils
For test's sake, I've tried putting on the original tank that came with the pen.
Now it dials back automatically to 0.3Ω which is correct; the preinstalled Nunchaku coil should be 0.25Ω.
If I put the Nautilus tank back on, it registers as 1.85Ω again?
Ni Temp mode seems to retain the sub ohm setting of 0.3Ω and powermode just eems to autodetect and do it's thing.

EDIT: Oooh, I'm such a doofus! It's a PEBKAC issue!!!
After rereading the manual (what little there is), it clearly states the 1.8Ω coil is pre-installed.
So there's no need to fidget with the Ohms!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I have been trying to find out about the BVC coils for you @TheGentleman, I've found 3 different listings for you. Hopefully they'll be of some use to you.

0.4 ohm.
Nautilus 0.4ohm Coils Nautilus coils&description=true

0.7 ohm Nautilus mesh.
Nautilus Mesh Coils

0.7 ohm to 1.8 ohm.
Aspire Nautilus BVC Coils Nautilus coils&description=true

And no worries, these things happen. Usually more often than not.

And as others have mentioned, you'll need to look for a tank / atomiser that uses SS (Stainless Steel) coils to use TC (Temperature Control).

As it's the resistance that is used to estimate the temperature of the coil, and unfortunately Kanthal (FeCrAl) barely changes resistance when it's heated. Most mods just cannot read it's resistance change, but I believe that Hohmwreker did make a mod that could do TC with Kanthal.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
May 14, 2018

About your product
I am quite happy with my Uwell Nnunchaku 80w; the display is feeding me some essential info and everything seems highly configurable. I should add the base feels solid (is that quality material???) and is pleasant to hold.

My question

Hi! We at UWELL would like to say THANK YOU for contacting us, no apologies necessary. We want to make sure that our customers receive the guidance and information they need so that everyone can ENJOY our products. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your Nunchaku, we are very proud of all of our UWELL products. We have taken your notes about how to improve the manual and concerns that you have with the "- and +" buttons issue to our R&D Department. We are always trying to improve on our products and try to accomodate all the different vaping styles. Now let's address the issue that you have with not being able to set the ohms. On the Nunchaku screen, you will see the Wattage, Battery Indicator, ohm Ω reading, and Voltage. The reason why you are not able to change the ohm Ω reading is because the Nunchaku Mod is doing it automatically. It is displaying the ohm Ω of the coil on the screen. We have done some research about the Aspire Nautilus 2, and yes you are correct that it does come pre-installed with a 0.7Ω, but the extra coil that it comes with is a 1.8Ω. Since you are saying that you are getting a reading of "1.78Ω" coil, is it possible that you might have the 1.8Ω coil in your tank? We hope that we have helped you and have answered all your questions. Thank you.

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
HELLO UWELL and @Uwell_Elle

Since this seems to be the place to ask questions I'm wondering :rolleyes:

What are the chances of MAYBE UWELL could do a really fast contest and give away a couple of VIP Passes to the ECC Ontario 2019 Event. Coming up at the end of the month. That could get more interested in going too!!!

I'd really LOVE to go to that, I love your products and I'd love to meet you all at booth 416.
HEY ECF, HOW Fun would that be to win a couple of VIP passes to the ECC Ontario Event?

upload_2019-8-22_18-28-11.png
Sincerely Your Loyal ECF Customer
JDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread