Is this battery ok for modding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Want to make my first mod and looking for the perfect battery.

What do you guys think of this one? 6 VOLT 7AH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 6V 7AH on eBay, also Other Rechargeable Batteries, Rechargeable Batteries, Batteries Battery Chargers, Consumer Electronics (end time 10-May-09 11:28:53 BST)

6v 7AH would it be too powerful and over heat the att? I'm new to all this stuff so any help would be appreciated!

I have been sifting through the mod forum for a couple weeks now. It's definetly the most exciting part of ECF lol

Anyway, thanks guys

cekte

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Oregon
www.youtube.com
Want to make my first mod and looking for the perfect battery.

What do you guys think of this one? 6 VOLT 7AH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY 6V 7AH on eBay, also Other Rechargeable Batteries, Rechargeable Batteries, Batteries Battery Chargers, Consumer Electronics (end time 10-May-09 11:28:53 BST)

6v 7AH would it be too powerful and over heat the att? I'm new to all this stuff so any help would be appreciated!

I have been sifting through the mod forum for a couple weeks now. It's definetly the most exciting part of ECF lol

Anyway, thanks guys

That batt is huge! :p Whacha got in mind Freddo?
I personally wouldnt suggest 6v. I think 5v is border-lining too much, due to the way the atomizers taste, and cruise through liquid.

Normal e-cig/PV batts run at 4.2 peak, and usually fade to around 3.7v.

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
What would you suggest as a good battery setup for a standard dse901/801 att, that would last quite a long time?

What about the cr123a batt's. Would one of those be ok, or would 2 be better.

Cheers

The cr123a batts are a popular choice around here, as are the 18650, the CR2, the 14500, and the 10440. I would not suggest going above 5 volts on your first mod. A consistent 3.7 volts under YOUR control, feels quite amazing. When I went above five volts, I ruined atomizers, I went through enormous amounts of liquid because the atomizer got REAL thirsty, and I didn't get a better experience - throat hit did not improve, taste did not improve, battery life did not improve. There is my .02.

Rubberjohnny

Jan 25, 2009
Other excellent battery options are the flat generally 3.7volt Lithium cells as used in many a small digital camera (such as Cannon Ixus). You can buy generic versions for £6/7 and a charger to go with them for about the same.Just Google digital camera batteries for plenty of suppliers.
I have found them the ideal battery for small box mods and a 1120mAh Ixus version (43/32/7 mm) gives a good full days heavy vaping between charges.

Vapinginjapan

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Okay, that looks like a sealed lead acid battery.

The trick with these batteries, is that they NEVER like being discharged too low. So you'd run into issues with killing the battery by draining it all the way.

Might last 50-100 recharges with that kind of usage pattern.

Additionally, they don't like high current draw. And charging them requires a SLA charger.

I would seriously recommended some of the lithium ions out there. There are CR123 cells that go up to 2000+mAHfor pretty cheap. You should be able to find some around you.

Lithium ions tolerate many more recharges than SLA, and you'd likely get more current out of them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread