Is this buyer confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping Dogs

Oct 16, 2018
Hello,

I'm new to this forum so a big HELLO.

I wonder if a german speaking person could help me with a question.

I sold a Dot Mod Petri V2 Lite to a buyer in germany via Amazon and i've received an odd returns request. it says;

Rücksendegrund: Defekt/funktioniert nicht einwandfrei
Kundenkommentar: Der Knopf am unteren Ende des Gerätes wird beim Betätigen sehr heiß. Beim benutzen der Vape kommt außerdem auch kein Dampf.

I don't know how this person is using the item but it's an authentic mod so should be no problems with it. If the button is getting hot maybe he's got faulty batteries or maybe he's running coils at very low ohms? How can it not produce any vape? Has he got a RDA fitted?

Can anyone think of what this guys problem would be and maybe what i could ask him in german for him to understand the Petri mod is just a tube with a button and nothing really can fail with that. Also my own tube mods run hot when i vape but they all do anyway so that's not a big deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sol
vaping Dogs (UK)

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I would just tell him this:
Petri mod is just a tube with a button and nothing really can fail with that. Also my own tube mods run hot when i vape but they all do anyway so that's not a big deal.

It not producing vapor seems like a problem with his coil or wicking. Maybe it’s all related, like instead of power going to the coil it’s making the button hot?!? Somehow???
Yea that’s all I got, sorry and good luck getting this worked out.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I assume you only sold him the mech mod, right? The way the guy has formulated his complaint, especially the "no vapor" part, worries me a bit. I think he might be an idiot who has incorrectly assembled or operated the device.
Could also be the little allen screw got loose:

CMIP5qb.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: untar

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Could also be the little allen screw got loose:
Yeah, something in the switch might be loosey goosey.
But then I'd agree even more with tailland that there's something wrong with that guy... I mean who buys a used mech and then doesn't do a full maintenance run? Is that guy suicidal?

I got a feeling a return might save his life...
And make sure you got age checking on when you sell it next time ;)

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
But then I'd agree even more with tailland that there's something wrong with that guy... I mean who buys a used mech and then doesn't do a full maintenance run? Is that guy suicidal?

I found a German webshop that has the button service pack in stock, but yeah... he probably wouldn't know what to do with it even if you'd explain it to him.
Petri Lite v2 - Button Service Pack | Akkuträger von dotMod | inTaste

Reactions: untar

Vaping Dogs

Oct 16, 2018
Dripster already translated it very well.

I can just add the translation for

Reason for return: defective/doesn't work without flaws

There's no facts to start troubleshooting so that's pretty much it.

--------------

Thanks for the translation, but i know what he's saying already (google translate does a good approximate translation). I guess my question is this guy stupid or is he just doing something stupid??

• Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

Vaping Dogs

Oct 16, 2018

--------------

It's not a used Petri. Brand new. The feeling i get also is that this guy's bought a mech mod but doesnt know how to use one. Perhaps rather than age check i should do an intelligence check in the future.

-VD

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No way to tell if the buyer knows what he's doing or not or understands anything about vaping.
If it is something that would easily resell may be best to return / refund, less shipping.

Of course there is a chance what you sent won't be what you get back...

Perhaps lessen learned, on both sides.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NolaMel

Vaping Dogs

Oct 16, 2018
No way to tell if the buyer knows what he's doing or not or understands anything about vaping.
If it is something that would easily resell may be best to return / refund, less shipping.

Of course there is a chance what you sent won't be what you get back...

Perhaps lessen learned, on both sides.
-----------------

Shame because it's a beautifully crafted mod purchased by a person with more money than (vape) sense. If he returns it in a bad condition then i would loose out and he wont learn a lesson. I'd love to have it back so someone else can enjoy it - but i think it's better if he learns a lesson in life. I just hope he's too ashamed to leave me negative feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread