Is this E-Juice SUPPOSED to be this sweet? Or did I do something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
Hello everyone,

Been playing in the sandbox (new member forum), finally took the plunge and ordered my 510 from cignot. Got it yesterday and really really like it. My only problem is the taste seems awfully sweet, to the point I can't vape like I'd like to. It's like smoking cotton candy.

Let me give you the rundown of what I have and what I did to get started:

Equipment:

510 w/manual battery
5 prefilled carts
1 5ml refill bottle, EcoPure 25 mg rich

Process:

Charged the batteries
blew out atty
drip 3-4 drops directly on atty
insert prefilled cart
vape away

Since then, I've refilled the cart with the ecopure juice (it came with Marlboro High) and still with the super sweet taste

Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Assuming I did it right, can anyone recommend a flavor/supplier that's not so sweet? On a side note, I'm diabetic and therefore not used to anything sweet (me and sugar don't get along) so it may be me being more sensitive than normal to something sweet tasting

Thanks!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
A sweet juice will stay with the atty for awhile even though you not using it and putting juice on top of it. You might want to wash out the atty with warm water. blow through the battery end and allow to dry and start again with some primer drops to moisten the atty and not use the sweet stuff any more.. lol

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Only juice I've personally tried that I could say had no sweetness to it was Virginia Tobacco.

Now I've not done the large rounds of flavs and I myself like a bit of sweet pre/after taste (much like RY4) so there are others out in ECF land that could pipe in better here.

You might also hit the juice reviews and/or search ECF to see if something there hits you right. Got to be a lot of others out there that want/need/get NO sweetness.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
One juice that I have that I don't think has any sweetness to it at all is a custom, single flavor order of Peppermint from Tasty Vapor (tastyvapor.us). Not sure if you like minty stuff, though. It's a very strong flavor, but since I like sweet vapes, I add sweetener.

Another thought is maybe asking whichever supplier you pick to make your juice as unsweetened as possible, and see if that's something they can work with?

Hope you find what you're looking for; it's certainly quite a bit of trial and error to figure all this stuff out!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
You might be one of those people that can taste even a little sweet in some flavors and PG and VG both have a natural faintly sweet accent to them.
You will find many ejuices have that sweetness - the vs cafe sumatra is lovely btw - but there is a sweetness to it; its jsut 'one of those things' that distinguishes ejuice from basic cigarette tobacco. You can find 'less sweet' juices around but definitions of what is sweet and what isn't are going to vary wildly from person to person.
You WILL find a juice that suits you, but it might take some time and along the road you may discover juices that are in fact 'good' that don't meet your criteria too; as long as you're aware of that you'll be good.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks for all the replies, the sweet flavor has tapered off some now. I'm wondering now if it was just the initial switch from tobacco that did it. Now there just seems to be an underlying hint of sweet rather than overpowering. I'm sure the PG or VG causes this, so I'm all set now. Well actually, I just need to try some different stuff to see what I like

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I think you may find that a juice you're not too wild about you'll like better in a week...and wonder why. I don't consider RY4 sweet at all but a friend of mine does, so unfortunately some of this is subjective and you can't fully trust our individual opinions completely.

I can tolerate quite a few of these juices but the only ones I think are wonderful are a good Menthol and the Pear Lung from nhaler and that's after 9 mo. of vaping lots of different juices. The Pear Lung tastes like the real thing and is not so sweet either. Unfortunately for all of us, it seems to be rather costly finding a juice we can really like. So I wish you the best of luck in your journey finding good juices fast! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread