Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I mean one that uses replaceable batteries. Someone has convinced me to not mess with internal battery (but I still like the mod I mentioned very much)
Internal batteries have their points. They’re simpler to deal with and no charger is needed. Removable batteries have three and a half advantages
1: instant charging. You can swap out your batteries in seconds and keep going and the others charge while you are vaping.
2: batteries wear out after about a year. You can simply replace the battery and keep using the mod unless it wears out
2.5: microUSB2 is fragile and wears quickly and if you break your charging port the device is dead. There are devices that have USBC though, so it can be avoided.
3: removable battery mods can reach higher voltages more easily than internal battery mods so if you vape at high wattages there’s really no other choice.

There are disadvantages though:
1: removable battery mods tend to be larger for a given power and have a minimum size to begin with
2: removable batteries, in particular their wraps, are fragile and need care.
3: chargers aren’t free.

It all depends on what you want. IF you buy a mod that is going to last you more than a year removable batteries are a clear financial win.

So there are some questions:
do you want to vape above about 30w? Removable
Do you want to buy a high quality mod and vape it for over a year?: removable
Do you want a mod small enough you can hold it in your teeth and vape no handed?: internal
Do you want a tiny mod?: internal
Do you not want to deal with carrying batteries or having a charger?: internal

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
bombastinator, thank you for the very sensible advice. I do keep changing my mind... I can get a great deal on a very good mod with removable batteries, but might not be able to afford the batteries for weeks. I have no dependable income... just odd jobs here and there. I panic... (have no back-up device, but have extra tanks/coils) I do have lots of juice (including DIY) just if I drop my setup I will have no way to vape all that juice! I need another mod (any mod) now. Internal battery might be better for now.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baditude

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    bombastinator, thank you for the very sensible advice. I do keep changing my mind... I can get a great deal on a very good mod with removable batteries, but might not be able to afford the batteries for weeks. I have no dependable income... just odd jobs here and there. I panic... (have no back-up device, but have extra tanks/coils) I do have lots of juice (including DIY) just if I drop my setup I will have no way to vape all that juice! I need another mod (any mod) now. Internal battery might be better for now.

Here's some options for you:

External mods:
    Nitecore i2 Battery Charger (2-Bay)
    Plus some batteries
    Geek Vape LUCID 80W TC Box Mod
    VooPoo DRAG 157W Mod
    asMODus Colossal 80W Touch Screen Box Mod
    GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W Mod

Internal mods:
    OBS CUBE 80W TC BOX MOD
    Kanger AKD SPIDER 200W TC Starter Kit
    Eleaf iStick TC 40W Mod

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    OK, all better... getting a little pod device soon so I can relax and make a better decision (got a Moti for $1 plus $3.22 shipping)
    I know I need a mod that takes replaceable battery... I just sort of fell in love with that Vaporesso once I realized it was user friendly. OBS Cube is also so cool, but my sensible side knows the Aegis Solo is my best option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread