Is this necessary for the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
The Riva 510 (and probably most other lithium battery) instructions say to charge the battery, even if the light is green, for 8 hours when first using it. Then, take it off the charger, use it for 20 minutes, then charge it again for another hour. Is this necessary? I didn't do it with my Riva batteries because I didn't see that part in the manual that came with it until after I began using it. I hooked them up until the lights changed green, but took them off right after. Could it harm my battery life if I didn't follow these instructions?

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
I never do that unplug from the wall thing first on my Rivas. Got a Titan mega charger from TW which my Titan kit came with. It can charge upto 5 separate 510 devices all at once. And is probably why I'm now looking at a totally buggered riva battery right now...:facepalm:

"Bugger" sighting! I was wondering why with so many Brits on ECF, I haven't seen this fun word. Love the usage in 4 Wed & Fune. :thumb: Yes, look for fine print on LF Riva 510 page, batt first, then into wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread