Is this normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think it has more to do with cigarettes having a beginning and an end to them. Once the cig was finished you were satisfied, that was the norm.

With vaping, you are free to take a couple of vapes, or several in a row, or chain vape to your heart's content. There's no real end like with analogs.

I also love the variety of flavors. I tend to switch out flavors three to four times a day, several during the course of a week.

I started at 24mg almost a year ago. I'm currently at 12mg and am happy there.

-fourthousand

Feb 6, 2013
alabama
You will absolutely vape more than you smoked at first, it will taper down after a while. I don't think vaping is as good of a delivery system as analogs are so you are probably not getting as muc nic (per hit so to speak). Also there are plenty of other chemicals in analogs that can give you a rush and at first you're going to crave that. The one cart is equal to a pack is crap and so is the 10ml is equal to a carton. I too vape 18 mg/ml and it does fine for me, at first I would go through 10ml in about 3 days, it now takes at least a week.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I tend to vape more than I smoked. Between My different devices 808's with tanks and carts, and my evic I have at least 6 or 7 flavors on standby. A usual will have Me switching flavors 4 or 5 times.

But I am vaping more I guess the only way to judge it it by actual time spent, because like Bad said there is really no start or stop.

brown study

Mar 25, 2013
Hastings
Thank you! Forgive me: I am a complete newbie (& this is frist time I have uttered), but this is precisely one of the problems I have had with e-cigs: they just go on & on. I have not made a succesful transition to vaping (doing about 50% of each) but live in hope of finding the right level of gratification. With an analogue, when one reaches the end there is a sort of contentment which is enhanced by the sadistic satisfaction in unceremoniously stubbing the darn thing out, as if, having made some momentous decision, the completion of the smoke acts as a springboard to action. Get on with the gardening or the next thing, so that the day is nicely parcelled up into manageable portions. The vaping experience needs a whole other approach!

Lowlife

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Oklahoma
To me it is either vape or smoke, you can't do both. You can allow yourself an "emergency" smoke if you absolutely think you have too but doing both I don't feel like would work, for me anyway. Just my opinion.

I was lucky when I started vaping I haven't really even wanted one. I have caught myself reaching for one a couple of times but it was just out of habit. I have half a pack sitting here on my desk. I think knowing they are there helps some but I don't "use" them.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I've only been vaping for 1 week today. Havent had a cig since I took my first hit vaping...but boy has it been hard!! My first order of ejuice, I got 24 mg..the next day I ordered 18mg..just because I read all about how much better your ejuice is after steeping and I wanted some extra..anyhow..I really wish I wouldnt have ordered the 18MG..its just not enough for me...very weak, IMO. I'm hoping one day I'll step down from that, but I know it wont be any time soon. I figure most new Vapers probably need a stronger Nic...but from reading on here, doesnt seem to be the case for everyone.

I heard this the other day and it made sense. When a person starts Vaping, they get McDonalds Milk Shake Syndrome..you know...you put the straw in your mouth and suck and suck down the milkshake until it's all gone. Same way with Vaping. People are used to have 10-15 drags off a Cig, they get down to the filter..that's their way of knowing Cig is finished and time to put it out and do something else. With Vaping, you have nothing to tell you when it's time to "put it out" You're going to have to retrain your Brain to figuring out when you've had enough.

Here's what worked for me. I've only been vaping for 7 days. The first 3-4 days I was constantly trying to flip my ashes, reaching for Cigs and what not. That in its self was a habit to break. So...when I would turn on my PV, I would "smoke" it like a Cig..when it got to about the same amount of time as It would take to smoke a Cig, I would turn my PV off, and go do something else. For me...that's how I retrained my brain, telling it my "Cig" was done. For me, that was like putting out my Cig in an ash tray. That was very satisfying for me. You'll just have to figure out what works for you.

Good luck!

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
I seem to want to vape more then I used to smoke. Is it cause I'm not getting enough nic. I am at 18 and plan on staying there but was just wondering about it. Maybe I just love the difference in flavors. So much better then T cigs.
that will level off after a bit. you will find yourself vaping more during your trigger activities. you will be fine though. better you are vaping than smoking. :toast:

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
The day will come when you light up a cigarette and gag. For some it happens the first time you vape, for others a week, a couple of weeks, months. Don't obsess about how much you vape, if you vape all day, just cut down your nic and enjoy it. If you have to have a cigarette, go ahead and light up. There's no right or wrong way of doing it, just count the cigarettes you're not smoking.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
One of the things I like about vaping is not having the necessity of smoking the whole thing all the way down. For the last couple years of smoking, I would often stub out my American Spirit halfway down and return to finish it later. (That works with all-natural Spirits; don't try it with a chemical-laced Marlboro - yuck!)

By the way, what is "steeping"? You're away ahead of me there.

Many juices improve with age, especially with the cap off. It allows the flavors to meld and mellow. This is called steeping. If you try a juice and don't care for it (or even if you do), try it after it's sat for a few weeks and it may taste quite different.

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
That sounds like a good thing to try in the last paragraph. Will try it tomarrow. And funny what u said about trying to flick your ashes I was doing that the first week too. But kinda thought it was beccause was using an ash tray with cleanx to pad bottom for a holder. Now have a really nice and little desk organizer bought at Staples that holds everything nicely. just had to build up the 3 pencil compartments with more cleanxes and black felt and it is fantastic. Now a bad habit got try and break is after eating I'm picking up the lighter as if to light one up thank goodness don't have any smellies or might would have. Most found that it is habit of doing things as much as the addiction.

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
Thanks all for this info thought I was just being a hog about this. But only my almost 4th week with out even one cig. so am thinking its good anyway. Don't seem to be really cravin one either. Thought that was prettty good for an almost 2 pad 44+yrs of smoking. This place is fantastic. Glad I found ya-all to help with ?s. Trying to find by looking and searching but so much info and a very slow ready.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I wouldn't worry much at all about vaping "too much". What you are doing by replacing cigarettes with an e-cig is much more healthier. Your body will tell you if you are getting too much nicotine from vaping.

Nicotine by itself is a stimulent very similar to another stimulent - caffeine. The same symptoms of too much nicotine will be the same as too much caffeine: headache, jitteriness, nervousness, shakiness, irritability. You likely will automatically put down your e-cig when you get enough nicotine in your vape before you get to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread