Is this safe to vape on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a dude

Oct 22, 2018
So on my mod (Minikin v2) the battery spring was loose and the mod wouldn't start beacuse of that. I solved the problem by putting some white adhesive gum (don't know the word) on the top side of the battery slot that were loose (see picture). The adhesive it self do not touch anything vital (like the chipset or any wires, it only touches the plastics inside). Everything seems to work fine, by that i mean like the device it self doesn't turn off by it self like it used to do before. Also took a few hits. Yet i haven't encounterd any problems. So my question is: Is it safe to vape on it?

(sorry for my bad english, not a native english speaker)

vapenayesh.jpg vapenation.jpg screen.jpg

Reactions: Diver9543

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So on my mod (Minikin v2) the battery spring was loose and the mod wouldn't start beacuse of that. I solved the problem by putting some white adhesive gum (don't know the word) on the top side of the battery slot that were loose (see picture). The adhesive it self do not touch anything vital (like the chipset or any wires, it only touches the plastics inside). Everything seems to work fine, by that i mean like the device it self doesn't turn off by it self like it used to do before. Also took a few hits. Yet i haven't encounterd any problems. So my question is: Is it safe to vape on it?

(sorry for my bad english, not a native english speaker)

View attachment 775185 View attachment 775183 View attachment 775181
Hi and welcome,
It's hard to judge.
I might have used an epoxy that would be non conductive and not subject to melting/deforming.
If I use "tack" on paper products, it leaves an oily stain.
Check the repair every few weeks just to be sure the tack is not deteriorating.
Do you have access to something like a sugru or similar product?

cheers
I

Reactions: Tonee N

a dude

Oct 22, 2018
Hi and welcome,
It's hard to judge.
I might have used an epoxy that would be non conductive and not subject to melting/deforming.
If I use "tack" on paper products, it leaves an oily stain.
Check the repair every few weeks just to be sure the tack is not deteriorating.
Do you have access to something like a sugru or similar product?

cheers
I
hi and ty for answear. I use this for the rapair.

Attachments

• häftmassa.jpg
    häftmassa.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread