The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is this safety for ready coils when i try filling my tank?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by New smoker, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    Hello

I’m using Aspire coiles 0.7 ohm watt 18 up to 23
    Natules tank mouth to lounge is it saftey if i add some ejuice drops on the colie when i fill it ? Or its not safe ? And the coil may burned soon ?
    Because i want it work for long time

I bout another one and i fill it with bad flavor i think I feel it burned now !

2. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Drop a couple of drops of eliquid inside the coil of a new coil to prime it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    Just be careful you don't drip too much down the coil... results in flooding.. and leakage... just enough on and to wet the wick. Fact Is if you let tank sit for 5 minutes after filling.... it should self prime.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    I did that always every time i try to fill the tank , now i feel my new coile bvc Aspire is burned just after 2 days its ready coil can i try to wash it and how please ? Coil is aspire bvc

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Okay, with the BVC coils, you need to prime them well. You can put *a* drop down in the coil to prime it, too much more would result in flooding, most likely. The main thing is to fill your tank with the new coil in it and let it sit for 15 min--30 minutes. You can do a priming puff now and then, where you inhale through the mouthpiece but don't press the fire button. After you do that about 5--8 times, go ahead and slooowllly raise your wattage, starting about 5 watts, doing some slow, long puffs, then increasing in 5 watt increments until you reach your target wattage (which may be slightly different each time as juices vaporize well at different temperatures, so one juice may do better at a higher (or lower wattage).

As far as washing your coil with the juice you didn't like, you certainly can. People use different methods, I usually rinse mine in very hot water then let it sit overnight in a jar of water. Then, I rinse it again the next day and leave it outside for the day-- I live in AZ where there is very low humidity, though. You can also dry it on low with a blowdryer. That should give you 3--5 days more use out of it, depending.

Your coils aren't going to last forever. With the 0.7 coil, I'd say 1--3 weeks (if you are lucky) depending on your gunking factors: gunking factors include: high VG, low PG juices, very sweet or dark juices, NETs or WTAs, running your coil over its recommended wattage or at high wattage, etc. Sometimes coils just go for various reasons. If a coil is burned, slightly, you can rinse and reuse. If it's totally TORCHED for whatever reason, I would not rinse or reuse.

If your coil goes bad, throw away any remaining eliquid and clean your tank.

Best of luck, hope this helps,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  6. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    Thanks its very great information i think also I should buy new mod contain 2 battery i think livrpool 160 wat mod is good

• Like Like x 1
  7. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt

Can you please give me youtube movie to teach me hiw can i wash the ready coils??

• Like Like x 1
  8. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    There isn't a video that I know of. Just when the coil goes bad, remove it from the mod, wash it in hot water then soak it overnight in water, like a glass jar. Wash it again with hot water the next morning after you fish it out....

I have a crazy water filter below my house, some people use distilled H20 which I use with water I put in my tanks, but for soaking coils, my tapwater's okay.

After soaking, take it out of the glass jar, wash it again with water, then blow dry it or air dry it. Once done, put it back in the mod or wherever you want to store your "second use" coils. You WILL get less life out of them, but some.

Some people boil their coils but I'm not sure how a BVC coil would hold up to that....

Good luck, it's not hard.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    If an Aspire BVC coil tastes burnt there is NO washing it, the cotton is burned so toss it and prime a new one. I use 3 Nautilus Mini tanks every day so I can give you a good opinion on how and what goes on with them. I buy the 3 5 packs at a time I go through so many.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I haven't found that to be the case, SteveS45. I do remove my coils the minute they taste burnt, though, but I have resurrected almost all of mine at least once (I didn't bother with the one that got toasted when my Steampunk rolled backwards from 7 watts, not to 6, but to 120 watts. That was a coil I was more than happy to be done with, forever) but other than that, my method works perfectly-- for me, and with a close to 100% success rate.

It can't be done more than once, though.

Anna

11. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Next time do an autopsy on it and I bet you will be surprised that the cotton is charred. I have been using the BVC Coils for a very long time and have tried cleaning them. I might do an autopsy but would not bother rebuilding them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skreech

Skreech Senior Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Ipswich
    Strewth....that must have been a shock to the system. Like sucking on a nuclear reactor...lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I've cleaned coils with water and with 10% vodka in the water. It kind of works but usually only get a 50% coil.

14. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    But it cost you more money!

15. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    Bvc coils?

16. New smoker

New smoker Full Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Egypt
    I will try to put it in hot water then dry it by blower is it ok ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If you are worried about the cost of coils....Rather than getting a substandard vape washing coils that were never designed for it, probably time to look into another tank.

The EGO mega tanks when you can find them are very cheap and can use CLR coils that are designed to be rebuilt or re-wicked.

The Melo tank have a similar coil that is rebuildable and can be rewicked

18. Paul Mohr

Paul Mohr Senior Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Adrian MI
    Not only is putting a few drops in the coil head safe, it is recommended by most manufactures. Keep in mind this really just for new heads that are dry. If you were using it, then re fill the tank there is no need to prime it. Can you? Sure, but you run the risk of flooding it is all.

I have never had much luck with cleaning old heads. They are never the same as they were new. Air flow is restricted and flavor isn't as good. When the air flow starts to get tighter I just put a new one in it. Same with rebuilding them. Never had one turn out right for some reason. And I have built a LOT of coils over the years. To give you an idea, I have been using RDA and RTA's since they hit the market. So what? Maybe 3 or 4 years? I am re coiling something at least every day or two. And this doesn't count experiments where I may try 3 or more coils in one sitting. That is well over 1,000 coils.

This is one of the reasons I don't like using tanks that only take pre coiled heads. The amount of time and effort it takes to clean one, or try to rebuild one of those tiny little things simply doesn't compare to the ease of putting a new build in an RTA. And with my RTA's I can use the same coil for a long time. I just pull the wick out, hit the button and burn cake up coil clean, then throw some new cotton in it. The coil itself actually lasts me quite a while.

Look at this way. 100 ft of kanthal wire is about 8 dollars max. I think the last spool I got was like six bucks at local shop. That amount of wire will make around 200 coils at 1.8 ohms. More if you have lower resistances and don't use way more length than you need when building them. Cotton is dirt cheap for the most part. Lets be generous and say 15 dollars for the supplies needed to build 150 coils. That is 10 cents a coil pretty much. Pre built coils run between 3-5 dollars per coil. At 4 dollars a coil that is 600 dollars for 150 coils!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SteveS45

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Vaping with charred cotton in a coil is not healthy in my opinion and does not taste good. At an average of $2 USD per coil I really do not think that is costly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I think everyone should do what suits them best. My cotton isn't charred, but like I said, I get my atomizers out at the first hint of burnt taste. If they look awful after cleaning them, I don't vape them. But, I've been pretty successful using my method.

With that said, SteverS45 raises a valid point and anyone uncomfortable doing this shouldn't. I agree the coils are inexpensive.... I'm getting better coil life now that I'm adding 10% h20 to my max VG so it's probably going to be easier for me to justify just putting it in my "dead coils" jar (yes, I do hoard nautilus coils in case there's a vacopalypse and I have to try rebuilding them...) but I have been using this method for a long time without major ill effects. I know what really bad cotton looks like, and I do inspect them.

But, I'm not the arbiter of what anyone should or should not do. I was told early on in the forum by very many experienced folks that I could do this without ill-effects, and that has really been the case *for me*.

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.