The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is vaping banned in Thailand?

Discussion in 'Thailand Forum' started by BOBOKOR, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BOBOKOR

BOBOKOR Full Member

Aug 9, 2017
    ANYANG, SOUTH KOREA
    Visited Phuket last week. Heard from guide not to vape in open place. Thailand has banned carrying, vaping, buying and selling(in all forms) vaping devices. Authority is busting very hard in Bankok.
    Is vaping banned in all Thailand or in some reagions?

2. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    From what I've read recently Thailand banned vaping in 2014 and anyone vaping in Thailand is risking a potential 10 year jail sentence.

I've also heard there is little enforcement, but that still leaves you exposed to a very significant risk of you vape in Thailand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I would agree, especially as a tourist. I think you can probably bring your vape (although I might bring something inexpensive, as it could be confiscated in customs) and maybe be careful where you vape etc., in case you are "caught". It's my understanding that enforcement is pretty spotty but that it can happen. So, I would exercise due caution and/or consider other nicotine replacement depending on your level of risk aversion. Etc.

Best of luck, perhaps someone who lives there will be able to offer more specific up to date information, and I hope you receive some.

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.