is vaping cheaper than smoking cigaretters???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenxstyle

Sep 24, 2013
CALIFORNIA
i have made the switch to vapes for about 6 months and have spend A LOT of money. not just on mods but juices as well. before i switched i smoked about a pack a week. now that i switch i have bought 2 mods and normally would buy a 15ml bottle of juice a week. i understand it is the healthier route but the prices are killing me. mods range from 100-300$ and i see juices go for 1$ a ml. which i think is insane. what are you guy's opinions?!

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
A pack a week? That's an impressively low amount, and I would wager that it is far lower than a more typical cigarette smoker.

If you've switched to vaping in order to quit your already well-controlled habit, I would think (but could easily be wrong) that you're vaping at a similarly low pace? Or, do you find yourself vaping more often/longer than you used to smoke?

Either way, quitting is a healthy move. Once the initial cost of hardware investment is over, most smokers (who smoked at a higher rate than you did) experience a significant savings.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Went from 5 cartons a month @ $500 monthly..to a $25 starter kit and monthly 50ML juice for $11 and a coil for $2, so now monthly total is $13-$15....savings = $485 a month = almost $6000 a year.. that pays a lot of bills and buys a lot of beer and good times..

like anything, U can spend , spend, spend or... stop and think and save, save, save.

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
It depends on you. You didn't smoke much so to start it's going to take longer to recoup the initial cost. You buy more mods and it will take longer to hit the black. You vape more than you smoked...will take longer to get to the black. The non-monetary benefits of quitting smoking are a HUGE win, regardless of how much you smoked.

So it's all on you.

Yoda Selfcontrol.jpg

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
Vaping can be as expensive (or as cheap) as you make it. There are no rules. You are in control--or you should be. ;)

Yep if only a pack a week wow that's less then three a day wow
I DIY juice and I love it works out to 65. cents a day to vape my little heart out lol
Using ego battery's and MT3 smoking was never this cheep or was it ? 25 cents a day when I started so yes it was way back in the day lol

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
Yep if only a pack a week wow that's less then three a day wow
I DIY juice and I love it works out to 65. cents a day to vape my little heart out lol
Using ego battery's and MT3 smoking was never this cheep or was it ? 25 cents a day when I started so yes it was way back in the day lol

When I started smoking it was 33 cents a pack or 4/$1.

jozef-3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Plano, Texas, United States
Once you have the right setup that gives you the vaping experience you desire, it gets better. The trick is controlling yourself from jumping in on the hype bandwagon. That will make you broke. Can't afford an original? Try a clone, want to save on juice? Learn how to DIY. It's only as expensive as you make it out to be...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Well let’s see, I save $50 a month on health insurance, over $12-$18 a day on cigarettes, no lighters to buy anymore, sick a lot less so fewer doctor’s appointments and medications, no clothes to replace because of cigarette holes, heating bill will be way down because I won’t have to leave windows cracked even when it’s 28 out, save on gas because I don’t have to make cig runs… Do you want me to go on? I use an inexpensive setup, starting to make my own juice and have enough stuff to last me for months, clean and reuse coils and only window shop the expensive stuff. Heck yeah I’m saving a ton of money. From here on out I’ll be spending less a month than I did a day when I smoked and feeling tremendous in more ways than one. Wow, yay me! :D

phdillard

Sep 19, 2013
scottsbluff, ne
$1 a ml, 15 ml a week=$15 a week. Considering smokes are easily $5 a pack or more depending on where you live this is still cheaper. But if you don't like the price of ejuice, you can always go DIY and make your own liquid for as little as 50cents per 10ml. Also, sounds like you're spending a lot on mods. I'd suggest going for something a bit cheaper like some nice eGo setups or building your own mods. But even at that price, assuming those mods hold up over time, you're still getting off cheaper. Getting started with vaping can require a bit of an investment up front, but in the long run it is much cheaper...not mention healthier and tastier.

YogaMist

Apr 24, 2013
Okc
After getting through the initial starter kit, trying all the juice flavors, investing in DCT tanks/cartos then switching to eGo Twists, then realizing that I preferred the Kanger TS3s... it's now less expensive for me. :p

I have four eGo C-Twists and five Kanger tanks. I keep two batteries going so I can switch my flavors around and two charging/charged for backups at all times. Now it's just the juice that I indulge in financially. It just took my finding what equipment I preferred to bring down the cost. I used to spend at least 50.00 a month just on a carton of smokes a week (not to mention the lighters, cig burns in clothes, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread