The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is vaporresso luxe different to a mechanical mod??

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by mick500, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mick500

mick500 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    Australia
    Just picked up a vaporresso luxe and reading all bad things about mechanical mods. Mainly from a pretty unbiased site E-Cigarette Explosions: Comprehensive List - eCig One

And just want to be safe. From my understanding the difference is the vaporresso luxe is a regulated mod with safety precautions ? I picked up the Samsung 30q sdi 136 batteries for it and the efest luc v2 charger as I heard usb charging for these batteries is not a good idea? First time using batteries that aren't internal . Previously (and still) used the vaporresso mini which has internal batteries and the aspire zelos with aspire nautilas tank.

Fair to say this is stronger than anything I have used before. The aspire zelos only vapes at about 12 watts the vaporresso mini I use at about 45 watts and just using the vaporresso luxe at 55 watts.

Just don't want an exploding battery in my face or groin area , and seeing all the talk of mech mods exploding has me wanting to make sure the vaporresso luxe is a regulated mod and a different category to the mechanical mods and considered safer ? Cheers.

2. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Mechanical mods do not blow up on their own. In fact, they don’t blow up at all. Neglected and or abused batteries blow up. And a neglected battery does not care if you are using a mech mod, a regulated mod or even a flash light!

Your concerns are legit, but do not believe the BS propaganda the media is trying to feed you. Employ safe battery practices and you will be a happy vaper with both your teeth and or family jewels intact!

And yes, a Vaporesso Luxe is different than a mechanical mod. The Luxe is a Regulated device.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mick500

Jul 3, 2014
    Australia
    Thanks, and yes I know, it's most often user error that causes them to explode (putting batteries in their pocket with their keys or other batteries, not noticing issues with battery etc.) but as this is my first time using external batteries I just want to be as safe and sensible and well informed as possible, and quite simply I don't think I know enough to use a mechanical mod which is why I wanted to make sure it was a regulated device. I'm not stupid enough to make the mistakes I posted above, but I don't make my own coils, and need to ask questions like the OP as to whether mines considered a mechanical mod or a regulated mod lol, so just want to be safe like I said. Don't want to end up as another statistic for the propaganda machine by being ignorant.. Thanks for the reassurance. Really enjoying the 3 different devices, especially the newest luxe but better to be safe than sorry. Cheers man.

4. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2019
    Luxe is a completely different animal than mechanical mods. Much more safer and, as to say, user-error friendly. You're in good hands with it.

About mechanical mods, instead, I understand people trying to prevent new accidents and, because of this, often making remarks about the need to study Ohm's Law and battery functioning before using it. It's very very necessary, indeed, and these warnings are always much welcome.

But I see, too, a lot of people - YT reviews, mainly - simply overstating it, maybe because they're afraid to be responsible for any possible catastrophic event. The result is that many times vapers are just too afraid to even consider a mechanical mod for themselves, thinking it's always explodes by any reason, and that's simply not the case. To warns people is obviously a good thing. But a lot of times I see vapers themselves simply scaring other people with the force of their remarks. This I think is unnecessary.

Know Ohm's Law and be sure your coils resistance will never be lower than your batteries capacity. Take care of your batteries wraps and never use older batteries in a mechanical mod. Never try anything silly with it. And you'll be good to go. Mechanical mods are not a bomb waiting to blow up our faces. They are just a more advanced device which can provides a completely different and enjoying experience for the experienced vaper.

Turning to OP's question: yes, Luxe is a regulated device, a very secure one - as a mod can be - and, if you take care of your batteries, it'll very very probably never explode in your face.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mick500

Jul 3, 2014
    Australia
    Lololol. Feeling safer already.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.