Is wismec.us legit...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know I've never ordered from them.

But you did, so I guess you are going to find out. If you get clones, work to get your money back. Etc.

You did this backwards, and I don't mean anything mean by that. I've done it backwards before myself but I learned quickly. Etc. My time is better spent figuring out if a vendor with great prices is legit or not, instead of dealing with the return, contacting bank to reverse the charges, etc. etc.

Good luck, it may work out just fine but there's no way to know for sure yet.

Anna

Reactions: jmur

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
You're right! I did do it backward. Not uncommon for me. I was actually just going to buy it from vaping.com but that site was throwing an Authroize.net error last night. So, I saw this thread and late last night I just fired off the order at wismec.us instead. I'm not known for tempering my impulsivity.

Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking about the purchase and got a case of the nerves. I started poking around again and thought maybe that site wasn't so legitimate. So, posted here. Backwardness complete!

Thanks for the reply though Anna. I'll post back when I get it. I've been out of the vaping game for a couple years and (once again) am overwhelmed by some of the new new out there. I'm usually a better researcher.

All that said, I'm still looking for a reputable source for 18650s online since the ones I have are too old to be good. Any advice there is appreciated (as I've noticed you're quite the prolific and informed forum user!).

-Chad

• Love
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like IMRbatteries.com personally they are super fast to my location, anyway, and they've always been super nice if I've messed up on an order. Here's Mooch's blog though, in it is a table that I can never seem to copy successfully, and in the last cell of the table, it lists all the "Trusted authentic suppliers," and I think any of them would be okay, it may just be who has what in stock or best price or whatever.

I'm glad you are finding out your purchase will be alright, probably.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

Anna

Reactions: chad

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
Wow! Thanks all for the quick information. I'm holding out hope for the Sinuous P80 that's coming. I hope it's genuine.

As far as batteries go, this is a wealth of info. I think I've seen Mooch posts on reddit in the past... In any case, I'm grateful for all the advice and resources.

This old dog's got some new tricks to learn.

Reactions: stols001

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
@Wismec_Sophia confirmed to me in a PM that wismec.us is an authorized dealer. I got the mod today so shipping wasn't too slow. The box is a bit crushed (a habit of USPS here) but the mod is fine (well housed in foam inside the box). It looks legitimate (though I'm not sure I'd know if it wasn't). There's an intact scratch off on the serial number sticker on back of the box. Mod seems to work all right.

Thanks @sdennislee for Mooch's battery distributor list. I went with RTD vapor (had used them years ago and forgotten about them). Their shipping was fast - like a couple days fast. They're in my neck of the woods anyway.

So, momentary nervousness on my part but all seems OK. Next time I think I'll just go straight to Wismec.com though.

Thanks all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread