Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
If so, please see a doctor!

Sorry. No, what I mean is, every single drip tip I use - and I have quite a few now, from smok, Kanger, Atlantis - ends up looking like this after a day or so of vaping:

Apologies for the poor reproduction, I don't have a proper camera handy, only my mobile phone whose "macro mode" leaves a little to be desired.

Hopefully you can vaguely see what I mean: regardless of the kind of juice I use - again quite a variety of manufacturers, and a range of ratios from 50:50 up to 80 PG / 20 VG - leaves a crusty residue around the edges of my drip tip.

I find that after 24 hours of vaping on a single tip, it's pretty noticeable, and a bit nasty. I prefer vaping custards and other dessert flavours, but do have a number of fruity juices and they do the same thing. Though I've never watched closely to see if one kind of juice leaves more residue than others, or at a faster rate.

Of course I clean them regularly and it's no big deal really. I'm just wondering if this happens to everyone, or do I have some weird and incorrect method of vaping? Loose Lip Syndrome?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The same thing happens to me TheBloke. I rinse off my drip tips about every other day in warm tap water and that seems to keep things reasonably clean, at least to my definition of 'reasonably clean' :)

Keep in mind that neither PG or VG will easily grow bacteria or mold, both have antimicrobial properties. That's enough for me to not worry about it too much, but as always, YMMV ;)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
What Issy said. My coach's whistle has looked like this on and off for years. Lip sludge is what I call it. For me it's worse when my mouth is dry. As far as I'm concerned it's not a vaping problem.

OK thanks all!

The only thing I'm slightly sceptical of is the fact that the crust does seem to vary with the liquid I'm vaping. I haven't studied it in detail. But when I'm vaping a clear liquid, say a light fruit flavour, the crust itself looks clear. By contrast, the darker liquids leave a much darker, and so more noticeable crust.

I mean I'm sure it's the lips/mouth that's leaving it there, but I do think what's being left is part of the juice. I figured that as the vape cools it's condensing and so some doesn't reach the mouth/lungs but condenses on the lips and so gets transferred to the drip tip.

lip buggers, it happens with metal dts

Ah, so it's better with delrin drip tips? So I've used stainless steel tips exclusively, but yesterday I received my first three delrin drip tips which I plan to start using soon.

If they don't crust up as much, I might buy more.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
OK thanks all!

The only thing I'm slightly sceptical of is the fact that the crust does seem to vary with the liquid I'm vaping. I haven't studied it in detail. But when I'm vaping a clear liquid, say a light fruit flavour, the crust itself looks clear. By contrast, the darker liquids leave a much darker, and so more noticeable crust.

I mean I'm sure it's the lips/mouth that's leaving it there, but I do think what's being left is part of the juice. I figured that as the vape cools it's condensing and so some doesn't reach the mouth/lungs but condenses on the lips and so gets transferred to the drip tip.

Ah, so it's better with delrin drip tips? So I've used stainless steel tips exclusively, but yesterday I received my first three delrin drip tips which I plan to start using soon.

If they don't crust up as much, I might buy more.

You may be interested in these: UNCRUSTABLE Drip tip

I haven't tried one yet, but if what they claim is true, it would be nice.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You may be interested in these: UNCRUSTABLE Drip tip

I haven't tried one yet, but if what they claim is true, it would be nice.

Seems like that would just *encourage* bad hygiene, the idea that you can just keep vaping on a drip tip w/out practicing good hygiene?

Like I always say, I sure would hate to see some people's toothbrushes. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread