Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
[h=3]Island tobacco from Nude Nicotine[/h]
I got an email from Jake Rubenstein at Nude Nicotine a while back, telling me about the extensive work they do to make, "Chemically validated and artfully concocted electronic cigarette liquid." Sounded good so I kept reading. "We run each lot of nicotine through HPLC or LCMS (laboratory techniques to analyze an unknown for chemical content) to ensure only the desired chemical ingredients are present, no unwanted contaminants or degradation products. No diacetlys, no beta-carbolines, no nitrosamines, never. We believe all “vapers” deserve the same validated chemistry and purity in an eliquid that rivals the quality control specifications of an FDA-approved Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) solution. View our certificate of analysis here. In addition, we never dilute our eliquids with water – Nude Nicotine eliquids are truly nude as they should be – only containing propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), (nicotine), and flavoring. No hidden ingredients." So basically it sounds like some of the purest quality e liquid Ive ever vaped. But how does it taste? This is the Island Tobacco 24mg nic 70/30 PG/VG "
Our signature tobacco blend* with tropical fruits and coconut added for a real treat.
*This is a ‘Whole Tobacco Extract (WTA)’ extracted from select fresh flue-cured tobacco leaves. Our absolute extraction process yields a flavor extract absent of nicotine, nitrosamines, diacetyl, and other harmful ingredients present in combusted tobacco.

Sorry to use so much copy from the manufacture, but I feel its necessary to explain what kind of vape were dealing with, so now thats out of the way, In using a standard eGo battery at 3.7 volts, and a 2.2 ohm 510 atomizer for dripping. Here we go!

Flavor, First Hit. Fresh pineapple, like fresh cut pineapple. Chefs know the best ingredients are fresh ingredients, When I bar tended I preferred fresh juices to sweet flavor mixes, this is that kind of flavor, you can almost taste the thick part of the pineapple next to the skin. Its not a sweet pineapple like a juice or a syrup, but more like a bite of fresh cut. The mildly sweet pineapple blends into an almost floral taste that slightly bitters in to the natural tobacco base of this mix. The middle of this flavor change reminds me on pine or coconut milk, the aroma accents the flavor and while Im not personally found of "floral" vapes but it serves as a middle ground or a connection from the pineapple to the tobacco.Coconut milk is one of the lightest flavors and is a great way to blend flavors together as its not strong enough to stand out as its own describable flavor. Its only a split second difference and once youve hit it a few time its not even noticeable to an experienced vaper. The tobacco base of this liquid taste like their standard tobacco (Ill have a review of it up shortly) its a very natural tobacco base and unlike most NETs (naturally extracted tobaccos) it isnt an overpowering taste. Its a smooth earthy tobacco that has a natural flue cured taste but its not as "smokey" as most flue cured vapes. The sweet in this liquid definitely comes from the pineapple not the tobacco. After you brain stops trying to identify the flavor it becomes a light, sweet, tropical tobacco which I assume is exactly what they were going for. The inhale hits the sweet spot of the tongue and as it builds you get a mild wood-ish, earthy taste. As you inhale it in your lungs it really hits the throat with a sweet taste and leaves a little stronger with a mild pipe tobacco. As the vapor rolls off your lips the sweet taste lingers in your mouth softening the flavor back into a mild sweet tobacco. I think this is one of the longer descriptions I have wrote in a while, but again it seems necessary to really capture the depth and flavor of this liquid

Throat Hit: SMOOTH, its got a kick but its feels like the the vapor actually gets warmer when it hits your throat its a really nice first cigarette int the morning hit. It ranks in my all time top 10 for throat hit effect. Not harsh but stout enough to be very pleasant

Aroma. Its really hits the nose with the floral notes that accent the flavor very well. Not some thing I would want in a air freshener but very nice while your vaping it

Over all LET ME BE CLEAR!!!!!!! I dont want people emailing me upset because this isnt the pina coloda tobacco they were expecting. This inst a sweet candy vape this isnt a juice flavor, this is a natural, organic, earthy flavor that reminds you more of a wholefoods version of e liquid. If organic vapes arent your thing please dont expect the normal over sweet over flavored liquid. Its a really fresh unique blend of natural flavors and tobacco. It you want the cleanest most natural flavors, this is an amazing mix, but I do admit its not for every one. I respect it for how well its crafted but Im still a diehard RY4 kind of guy myself. But when you taste how authentic this flavors are it just may be your all day vape. Check out Nude Nicotine and Thanks for reading

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Is this bit -
"This is a ‘Whole Tobacco Extract (WTA)’ extracted from select fresh flue-cured tobacco leaves. Our absolute extraction process yields a flavor extract absent of nicotine, nitrosamines, diacetyl, and other harmful ingredients present in combusted tobacco." -
a typo or what? The reference to WTA could be quite misleading, WTA has come to be known as referencing the minor alkaloids in addition to nicotine. Since this extract yields a flavor "absent of nicotine" what gives? Dude should at least get terminology straight. Extracted tobacco flavor has zilch to do with WTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread