iSmoka/eLeaf/VapeOnly BCC Mega head rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshamblen

Feb 25, 2014
CA, USA
I've searched and searched and can't find whether or not people rebuild iSmoka BCC Mega heads with much success. (I say iSmoka because that's the "brand" I have, even though I believe it's a clone of the VapeOnly BCC mega). Maybe I haven't searched hard enough, or maybe I'm using the wrong keywords, but here's my 2 cents on the rebuild process (more informative than anything).

I've successfully rebuilt the head, but mangled the tube/post/shaft that goes from the actual coil housing up to the drip tip and was wondering if others have had similar issues. The press fit on that tube/post/shaft is ridiculous! Much harder to deal with than the pro tank heads because you don't thread the head into the base, it's just an o-ring gasket type seal, but the pro tank and I have split up due to irreconcilable differences.

For anyone interested in tackling this head, BE GENTLE. It does require a lot of force to surpass the press fit of the atomizer shaft, but once you pop that off, it's business as usual. In my experience, out of the wrapper, these heads are pretty good but don't last terribly long and flood a tad more than I'd like. After my rebuild, I only love the tank more. A bit better flavor, better vapor, lasts longer, and cut down on the amount of flooding. If you're looking for a bit of extra life out of these heads and don't mind rebuilding, I'd definitely recommend it.

This is what I used for my rebuild, but personal preference plays a huge part in what you do/how you do it. This is what I found works best for me:

3mm silica wick
32g kanthal 5/6 wrap using a q-tip shaft as my "coiler" (it's all i have to work with right now, don't judge haha)
2mm silica flavor wick to cut down on gurgle/flood
got me just over 2.2ohms, arguably 2.3 depending on how you round your numbers (jumped between 2.25 and 2.32 on my dmm) but 2.2 was what I was shooting for. Can't say I'm disappointed for the first rebuild of this head.

Let me know what you think or if you've rebuilt this head before :] I haven't seen much (if anything) in the way of people rebuilding this head and I know I can't be the only one...

JoeyNice

Mar 13, 2014
Austria
Hi, first my englisch ain´t well so I hope I don´t missunderstand you ;)

I have the iSmoka BCC and I use the VapeOnly BCC Heads with it. I think they are exact the same.
I rebuild my heads whit a youtubevid Guide, search for "Vapeonly BCC Mega Rebuild Coil Head Tutorial HD Closeup"
Can´t link it cause it´s not allowed for new members ;)

Hope it help you

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I used the same videos to rebuild my vapeonly mini bcc. I made 1.8ohm micro coils with cotton and 30 guage wire. Hard part s getting the chimney off, I bent my first then rest went fine. My tank broke so retired the tank for the meantime till I decide to get another it not.

Vapeonly BCC Mega Rebuild Coil Head Tutorial HD Closeup - YouTube

Tymman75

May 14, 2013
Willow Springs, MO, USA
I rebuilt one of these last night I was able to remove the stem fairly easy after heating it with a torch. My trouble was I made a 8/9 wrap 28g kanthal microcoil. These small heads made that hard to fit back in. It reads 1.6 ohm on my MVP. Then Everytime I placed the stem back on it would cause it to short out. I refused to be beat by this little booger and hate wasting wire. So I left the stem off replaced the little rubber grommet and prayed for the best. So far so good I have been vaping this thing all morning with no leaks so far. Is the leaving off the stem on these things a bad plan? Anyway thought I'd throw the torch at you to maybe help remove the darn stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread