Isn't this the Cartomizer fillinator thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
That just looks like someones homemade ones that their trying to sell. THey also made it way too expensive.

The carto cleaner syringe that smoktek sells is like $5-6 bucks +shipping so that would be cheaper.

Someone talked about the smoktek cleaning syringe on another thread a few days ago and I explained how to make your own for about $2 bucks. It will work just as well and you can actually just follow the instructions that smoktek has on their website for how to use their carto cleaner syringe. This is for any 510 carto or any carto that has the same diameter as a 510.
Heres a link : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/241891-used-cartos-different-juice.html#post4649105

I explained how to do it and what to buy and also posted a few pictures of what it looks like.
I generally dont ever clean my Ressurector cartos bc I get 2-3 weeks out of one so I feel I def get my moneys worth, but I have used this before to clean a few and it works just as well as the one that Smoktek sells. Plus its cheaper and you dont have to wait or pay for shipping.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
That looks exactly the one Vapian made me . Its not that expensive if you think about it . Your getting a few different size pieces of tubing , a special luer lock adaptor fitting , and a syringe . The luer lock fitting is about 5 bucks by itself . The one Vapian made me works amazing . I clean all my attys with it and they come perfectly clean in seconds and it dries them out too so i dont need to wait for it to dry .

The one he made me doesnt have the luer lock piece cut off of a syringe ,its a actual luer lock premade adaptor i got .

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
+1 on what classwife was saying, Vapian was the FIRST one that created the idea and produced the first one.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/200782-cartomizerfillinator.html

I have one of those from Vapian, traded for it. Works great :)

The problem with making your own is the tubing. It can be hard to find tubing in such small quantities, so you wind up with a whole lot of extra if you're just making one. I was thinking about doing so since I had access to the tubing at work (nobody'd miss a couple inches off a 100ft roll), but if I'd had to buy the tubing myself it wouldn't have been feasible

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I can say this if you dont have one of these cartomizer thingies you really need to get one . I use mie mainly for cleaning attys but it also work incredibly for filling cartos too . You can fill like 20 cartos in under a minute and they will all be perfectly filled . I got mine when Vapian was giving them out in the PIF treasure chest . Thanks buddy .I just wish i requested the bigger EMDCC size here offered as well as the standard size .

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hey, folks! Just found this thread and didn't realize there had been any recent new discussions on this. Glad to see the topic is still alive. :)

As for the OP's question, that device is NOT, I must repeat NOT a Cartomizerfillinator equivalent.

I actually ordered both the "med" and "non-med" variations so I could see what they were about. Ordinarily I would not have cared but that "vendor" attempted to have my thread taken down over his "patent pending" and things got ugly for a couple of weeks. I didn't speak much about it before because it appeared the status of my ECF account was in question for a while. That storm seems to have passed though and the "vendor" in question has been oddly silent for the past couple of months on all fronts - Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other forums.

Now I'm happy to talk about the whole deal, at least as much as necessary to answer any questions to protect others from falling prey to that vendor and I would be happy to answer any questions about that vendor's device. I can say that generally speaking:

- It does work when used properly;
- The non-med version won't last for long;
- Both versions are made from off-the-shelf parts and horribly overpriced;
- If you do decide to order, be prepared for several weeks of waiting

Also, for anyone who hasn't noticed yet, several Cartomizerfillinators are and will be given away via PIF/Treasure Chest through this weekend - basically, a bunch left over from the parts I bought doing research and design that aren't doing anyone any good sitting on my workbench. Since I still haven't figured out a better way to make them in quantity and so far I am not willing to put up with the restrictions of being an ECF vendor, better to give them away. Keep your eyes peeled, be quick to respond when new offers come up, and do what you can to support PIF/Treasure Chest to keep the good karma flowing. :)

Last edited:

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
its cheap and easy its just 3/8 vinyl tubing and a free kids syringe at the drug store works better for cleaning with tubing as long as the syringe more water with each push pull

I started out trying 3/8" vinyl tubing but found that tolerances vary widely. Some was barely snug enough and most was slightly too large in the inner diameter. It took a long time to find it, but that's why I ended up going with a better quality 9 mm ID tubing. Since most 510/808/901 stuff is just slightly larger than 9 mm, this has provided much more consistent results.

Agreed on the syringes; if you can get 'em cheap, do!

There are a probably a ton of ways to make the basic idea work, I've just been trying to minimize the possible variations and maximize utility. Now if only I could find someplace to do custom flex vinyl fittings. ...

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
That sucks that people are trying to steal your idea right now and it's good that you've responded in this thread. To clear up any misconceptions that people may have. Will be looking in the PIF thread to try an authentic cartomizerfillinator.

Hey, folks! Just found this thread and didn't realize there had been any recent new discussions on this. Glad to see the topic is still alive. :)

As for the OP's question, that device is NOT, I must repeat NOT a Cartomizerfillinator equivalent.

I actually ordered both the "med" and "non-med" variations so I could see what they were about. Ordinarily I would not have cared but that "vendor" attempted to have my thread taken down over his "patent pending" and things got ugly for a couple of weeks. I didn't speak much about it before because it appeared the status of my ECF account was in question for a while. That storm seems to have passed though and the "vendor" in question has been oddly silent for the past couple of months on all fronts - Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other forums.

Now I'm happy to talk about the whole deal, at least as much as necessary to answer any questions to protect others from falling prey to that vendor and I would be happy to answer any questions about that vendor's device. I can say that generally speaking:

- It does work when used properly;
- The non-med version won't last for long;
- Both versions are made from off-the-shelf parts and horribly overpriced;
- If you do decide to order, be prepared for several weeks of waiting

Also, for anyone who hasn't noticed yet, several Cartomizerfillinators are and will be given away via PIF/Treasure Chest through this weekend - basically, a bunch left over from the parts I bought doing research and design that aren't doing anyone any good sitting on my workbench. Since I still haven't figured out a better way to make them in quantity and so far I am not willing to put up with the restrictions of being an ECF vendor, better to give them away. Keep your eyes peeled, be quick to respond when new offers come up, and do what you can to support PIF/Treasure Chest to keep the good karma flowing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread