ISO Cooler hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Can anyone recommend an cool hit tank? I can’t stand a warm hit!

That is a very open ended question. Do you rebuild? Pod system or mod? what are you looking for besides being cool? are big clouds but cool hit what you're looking for? What kind of airflow do you want? Unfortunately, I have more questions than answers to this.. but, I will try to give a brief overview.

For the most part, Electronic cigarettes require heat to generate the vapor. A resistance wire (heating wire) is wrapped around a wick (usually cotton) to heat up the e-Juice. The e-juice pretty much boils into the vapor you inhale.

If you don't like the heat,part of it, there are a few things you can do however most of them have to deal with less vapor. The most obvious is to lower the wattage of your device if you can. If you cannot, try looking for a higher resistance coil if they offer it. Both of these options will of course produce less vapor.

If you rebuild, you can look for a dual coil setup, and use higher gauge wire (thinner wire). Thinner wire tends to produce a cooler vape, but less vapor overall... having multiple small coils will generally produce a cooler vape. Typically, however, the manufacturers make multiple low gauge coils, that produce a lot of vapor, and a lot of heat as well. For those, try lowering the wattage until you find your sweet spot.

The third, is to find a device or drip tip that adds more air to the mixture. Some devices have an airflow setting. Raising the airflow and allowing more air to pass through tends to produce a cooler vape, but it mutes the flavor some. There are also drip tips that can help with that by allowing more air to pass through and mix with the vapor... this also cools it down.

One last trick, is simply getting a longer drip tip and allow the vapor to cool before you inhale it. I have a cheap e-pipe drip tip that is quite long... the vapor comes out quite cool on that, and is the best device if I want a cool vape.

The best advice is to find a tank that you can rebuild yourself and tailor the vape to YOUR liking. That is why a lot of us go into rebuildable tank atomizers. Even these are geared towards different likes. For example, I like a dense but low volume (not cloud chasing) vapor at low to medium heat. the coil I have in there is a .6 ohm and I run it at 25 watts. This is in a Fresia RTA which has a slightly restricted airflow. Most of my friends have Smok tanks that produce much more vapor, but they always say that mine tastes better.

I hope that helps, or at least helps in deciding what questions to ask. Good luck in your search.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
From what you are describing I am going to say a MTL vape, at low wattage.

You have infinite options from there, but the issue is with a small MTL tank, if you chain vape you may wind up with an overheated tank in any case. SO you may need to add some temperature control to your tank. That may require an RTA.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Can anyone recommend an cool hit tank? I can’t stand a warm hit!
Welcome and glad you joined.
The Aspire Nautilus 2 MTL Tank with the 1.8ohm Nautilus 2 BVC Coil - rated for 10-14W is said to be a good choice. Suggest going with a long wood drip tip. The higher the resistance and the longer your non heat conductive drip tip, the cooler the vape. I vape a 32ga K A1 at 6.8 watts.
re: Wood Drip Tips

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll agree that a way to get a cooler vape is to use a MTL (mouth-to-lung) tank, which uses less wattage (6 - 12 watts) and higher resistance coils (1.0 ohms +).

Innokin Zlide and Zenith or Aspire Nautilus are the most popular MTL tanks.

A longer drip tip can help provide a cooler vape.

Play with the air intake of the tank if it allows you to do so.

To some vapers, a bit of menthol or koolada in the e-liquid recipe can give the illusion of a cooler vape. Often described as "ice" in the name of premade juices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dahnae

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
From what you are describing I am going to say a MTL vape, at low wattage.

You have infinite options from there, but the issue is with a small MTL tank, if you chain vape you may wind up with an overheated tank in any case. SO you may need to add some temperature control to your tank. That may require an RTA.

Anna
Just to expand on this one, to use TC you need a mod that does TC, and an atty with a TC wire in it. This means many coil cartridges simply will not work for you because they’re not made using TC wire. You can put anything in an RBA though, so any RBA will work for TC. This does not mean it can’t be done, but you’re going to have to look for wire type on any coil cartridge, or device ability and wire type on any pod system. The VAST majority of pods systems don’t do TC at all. Only a couple do at all IIRC.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly unless you want to buy a separate driptip (and you might, you never know) as far as cooling properties the N2S drip tip does not get hot. It has a really great, lengthy driptip that I happen to love, I bought spares for a couple of my other tanks it would do well with.

It is SS however and some other materials heat up less. The regular N2 has a little stubby drip tip, very small capacity and very large metal dome with not much of a window. All things that make tanks heat up rather quickly.

The N2S has a larger capacity tank a bigger window and it's topfill (an easier topfill too).

I have gotten a "hot tip" from vaping a Zenith before and not at very high wattage but chain vaping it a bit.

Keep in mind this is my subjective experience.

Anna

Reactions: Dahnae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread