Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I wish I could find the article about specific battery chemistries, but... a rechargeable battery (generically speaking) may lose a very small percentage of charge, sometimes referred to as a "self-discharge rate"... literally, overnight. The age and use profile of a battery will have a bearing on this self-discharge rate.
The i2 (and most other intelligent chargers in the same category), senses the battery as being less than fully charged and, for the 5 minutes or so by your count, brings it back to full charge.

Nitecore i2 review.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
All Li-On batteries will have voltage drop after they are charged. They are charged up to 4.2 volts, that does not mean they maintain that voltage at rest. For a typical charger if you remove the battery and reinsert it that will initiate the charge cycle again, unless the battery voltage is practically at 4.2 volts. If you had the battery out of the charger for 12 hours I can pretty much guarantee you the voltage of that battery is nowhere near 4.2 volts.

oaky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
west virginia
My batteries sit for a couple days between charging(on Nitecore i2)and use and read 4.1 volts when I test them in my VAMO(probably not the most accurate)when I start to use them.I think this loss is normal.Using them right after charging would actually put an unnecessary stress on the battery and shorten life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread