Issue with SIGELEI GW 257W TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo0m5l4ng

Oct 22, 2014
Tennessee
I have had this mod for about a month now, but today, I have an issue.

When I go to fire it, it says 'Check Atomizer'. I have no idea if it thinks the atomizer is shorted or doesn't exist, but it gives the same message when I remove the atomizer entirely.

I broke down the mod and with my multimeter tested all the connections, and all is good, the atomizer is in resistance range, hasn't changed and the mod has been working fine. The 510 connection is not shorted, and there is a good connection all the way to the motherboard.

I have no idea what the issue is. Does anyone have an idea of something I missed?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Does the tank read on other mods? It sounds like you are more focused on the mod, so I'm assuming that you tried the tank on something else and it worked? I'm trying to ascertain if you know for sure that something hasn't happened to the atomizer? I'd check your build and or replace your coil (if it's a drop in tank) after seeing if it reads or not on a different atomizer.

Occasionally, some 510 connectors will get a bit finicky about "reading" tanks simply due to the length of the pin. If your pin has become "too short" then you may need to look in the tank, there should be a screw that you can tighten (or loosen) inside the bottom of the atomizer. A few twists of the screw can make the atomizer pin longer, which may have become necessary to do. Don't push anything too hard, you don't want to change the length so much that it's putting pressure on the bottom of the atomizer, but the pin may have become unscrewed along the way, leading to the "atomizer short" message, which SHOULD possibly remain on the display if that's a feature of the mod, once you remove the tank. Sometimes a mod will offer that "reading" until the tank is "fixed" so to speak. I don't know your mod so I'm not sure if that's the case. I also might try a different tank on your mod if you have one, to see if you can get it to read anything, as that may point to a defect in the mod.

If it's your only setup, if you have a decent vape shop near you, well travel in and see if they can assist you by trying other setups with the mod and tank, as if you need to warranty I'd imagine you are near your warranty period ending.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: hazozita

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I am using the same tank on another mod no problem.

I agree with Anna. If another tank works on this mod, it’s just a matter of the tank pin needing to be lengthened.

When I first started vaping those missed connections drove me batty. I soon decided, it was best to leave a tank with the mod if it was working. My constant swapping was giving me nothing but grief lol.

Dropping or just taking the tank off to clean can affect it too.

Good luck with it!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread