Issue with smok rpm160

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskissfairybliss

Sep 9, 2020
Hi. New here, and a noob to pods. Have always been an inokin person for years, but stopped vaping for a few years, due to my mod (MVP 3.0 pro) not charging after being run over by a logging truck. Still worked perfectly for almost a year after that, but I digress. A lot of things changed, and I ended up purchasing a smok rpm 160 pod system. Had it for less than a week and had zero complaints until today. It's really hot, so didn't want to leave my vape in my car, so cut it off and put it in my pocket while grocery shopping. Cue standing in the check out, and all of a sudden, I started smelling something like my juice. Then, go to turn around and realized my pocket is bellowing smoke, and smoldering. My pod was melting and burning my pocket! I've heard of stuff like this, but I've never had it happen before. Evidently, my pod got turned on, and the safety shut off didn't work. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Luckily, the place I got it from replaced the pod, coil, and made sure that it was working properly. I thought it was supposed to have a safety shut off to prevent it from burning if it is triggered for too long?? Did they stop doing this, or do I need to further alert smok to this issue? Just super glad that I was wearing denim instead of my usual lounge pants, and got nothing more than a red mark on my bottom and a bit of melted plastic on my pocket. It was just very terrifying and wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread