issue with the siren 2 GTA and TC Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
If you were getting a good vape in wattage mode, but you're not enjoying the vape in temp mode, it's very possible you just don't like temp mode. It's a different type of vaping, and I myself am not a fan of it either. According to Evolv, a very low percentage of their chips are run in TC.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
If you were getting a good vape in wattage mode, but you're not enjoying the vape in temp mode, it's very possible you just don't like temp mode. It's a different type of vaping, and I myself am not a fan of it either. According to Evolv, a very low percentage of their chips are run in TC.
If that is true I think it is a very important point. Could you provide a link to the statement from Evolv? Considering the cost and the hype surrounding dna devices that would be a very important statistic. I own 2 and do use at least 1 in tc mode most of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I can confirm from watching a YouTube interview with one of the Evolv owners that he cited a 10% use of TC for their products. This is the reason that they have been working on the new 250c and 75c feature called "Replay" to make using temperature control easier and simpler. Many people like temperature control as it is now, but the adoption rate is lower than I would have thought due to having to fiddle with it to get it working optimally.

TC works, but it takes more effort I guess than a lot of users are willing to put into it. At least that was the gist of what the video seemed to be saying. You can start about 10 minutes in to hear this part of the interview:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Celt1 thanks for that video. That Replay technology is a real game changer. I caught the comment about only 10% of users using tc on a regular basis and I found that surprising. I was surprised mostly because of the fact that people who don't use tc will pay for those very pricey mods and never use the features. Very informative.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
well i have 316L wire from UD and yes i did all you mentioned but the only thing is how to go for novoice mode from advanced (i tried with the APP on my android and it's not working)

Easy - click fire button 5 times to get into menu. The 1st option should come up as Advanced. Just press the down button to get the Novice or simpler setup. Then click the fire button. From there just Exit.

• Useful

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
like i mentioned before after i updated my mod
Easy - click fire button 5 times to get into menu. The 1st option should come up as Advanced. Just press the down button to get the Novice or simpler setup. Then click the fire button. From there just Exit.
nothing like that on the G-Class

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I’m not exactly sure what the excitement is about Replay. As far as I understand it I’m already getting a perfect vape repeatedly in TC.
So is it for people who don’t want to use TC?
Yes it is as far as i can tell. I only use DNA devices and only TC so it has no interest for me.I already get the perfect vape every time.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I have a DNA a Yihi and several Omni boards and to be honest they ALL work wonderfully in TC giving me a consistent vape every single time.

I’ve just read so much excitement about Replay from TC users which had me kinda confused tbh.
From what I have gleaned, the difference is in how you set it up, they are both forms of TC. In "regular" TC you are tweaking variables to achieve a vape and flavor you are looking for. With "Replay" it's the opposite - when you have a vape and flavor you really like, like a third puff that was just right, "Replay" will capture that and replicate it by adjusting variables dynamically - even adjusting for things such as the changes in the wetness of the wicking, to maintain it.

At least that's the theory. It's a more advanced form of vaping "AI" in which the chip figures out more for you, if that makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing if the theory matches the reality.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
There is an entire World of people that don't want to deal with the complexity of setting up a good tc vape. Multiple button pushes and vape calculations are just something most people don't want to bother with. If Replay works as advertised I believe it will replace tc set up as the standard. Many people here on the forum like myself are treating vaping as a hobby. There are millions of people who just want to vape without any fuss or discussion. That is obviously their audience.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have 2 dna mods that behave completely differently and I have traced it back to the the fact that the internal resistances were not set properly by the mod manufacturers. So even the most (allegedly) accurate chip cannot be relied upon to be accurate. It's such a joke. So fed up with the vaping industry and the garbage they sell at all price points.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I have 2 dna mods that behave completely differently and I have traced it back to the the fact that the internal resistances were not set properly by the mod manufacturers. So even the most (allegedly) accurate chip cannot be relied upon to be accurate. It's such a joke. So fed up with the vaping industry and the garbage they sell at all price points.
Totally agree with you. How many buyers are actually going to properly setup the internal resistance of their new mod? Maybe 5%. This is a big thumbs up for the Replay approach for the masses. If this thing really works we could see Evolv on the stock exchange.

• Agree

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Just don't push that Replay button. You will be fine.
Yeah, I haven't looked it up yet but that's what I was hoping for is that they would make it a separate feature. I'll give it a try at some point like I did TC, and who knows? I might like it. If not it's good to know I can opt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread