Issues with batteries/wall charger (VX2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
WI
Shawn this isn't a knock or anything. Just an FYI, I know a few people are having this issue. Thought I had mine figured out, but here is what's happening:

I don't vape a ton. Usually about 3-4 drags every hour or 2 (depends what I am doing). Charged the first battery I used for about 6 hours. Worked good for maybe 6 drags, while the other battery was charging for 8 hours.

Worked ok first couple days. Then got the blinking LED light on the first battery to charge it. Put it in the charger, red light went on, and 10 mins later it was green again. I wiggled the cord/unit to see if that would fix it. Then the red light stayed on longer. (I don't know if this is normal, but it stays red for about a minute, then blinks green, then back to red)

Fast forward to today. Probably used that charged battery for 2 sets of drags last night, then a few this morning. Then I get the blinking LED. So I put it in the charger. Turns red, looks like it's going to charge. I check back 20 mins later, and the charger is green again, static.

Any ideas? :confused:

Otherwise I love my VX2 :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
WI
send me back the charger/ or charger anm batteries an ill test to see what needs replaced. but i will need you to email me the order number.

I'll email you now. Thanks

EDIT: didn't have your email. Sent you a PM. I am going to assume my other orders already went out, so just let me know if you want both batteries. I just dont' want to go back to analogs in the meantime.

Thanks man

Last edited:

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Hi Shawn! Just found this section. Didn't scroll down enough LOL.

So I decided to join now I see you have your own section, I can post here and stop bothering you and maybe help others (as they will help me) by posting publicly.

Anyways, dpixel8....

I had charging questions/problems with my vx2 too.....didnt realize it until I got my 402 (also from shawn) when it blinked it was dead and NEEDED recharging. When my vx2 blinked it didnt die and let me keep on vaping....so I did. When I got home I put it on the charger and left it on all night. Checked it every 15 mins or so and the red light stayed on for almost 3 hours, went green but left it on 'til morning.

Today used it exclusively most of the day and no blinking, got home and put it on the charger.....stayed red again about 2 hours but leaving it on til morning. I will purposely not charge it until it blinks to see if it 'dies' after the blinks and report back.

Before you go through the hassel of shipping, try using it (if it lets ya) even after the blinks.

Just my nickle...

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
WI
Hi Shawn! Just found this section. Didn't scroll down enough LOL.

So I decided to join now I see you have your own section, I can post here and stop bothering you and maybe help others (as they will help me) by posting publicly.

Anyways, dpixel8....

I had charging questions/problems with my vx2 too.....didnt realize it until I got my 402 (also from shawn) when it blinked it was dead and NEEDED recharging. When my vx2 blinked it didnt die and let me keep on vaping....so I did. When I got home I put it on the charger and left it on all night. Checked it every 15 mins or so and the red light stayed on for almost 3 hours, went green but left it on 'til morning.

Today used it exclusively most of the day and no blinking, got home and put it on the charger.....stayed red again about 2 hours but leaving it on til morning. I will purposely not charge it until it blinks to see if it 'dies' after the blinks and report back.

Before you go through the hassel of shipping, try using it (if it lets ya) even after the blinks.

Just my nickle...

yeah already have. it blinks and it's done. I charge it, it'll charge (one seems to charge for an hour or so, the other one for not so long) and I can use it for a while longer.

been trying the USB charger here for a while tonight and got it to charge one of them for about an hour before the green light went on, but then back to red for a couple mins, and then back to green fully. I can't figure out if it's the chargers or the batteries. :(

otherwise I effin love my VX2. Thing is brilliant, beautiful and has kept me off analogs. That's all I care about. Any issues, I know will be dealt with.

EDIT: it's almost as if the chargers feel a little flimsy/cheap. The USB one, the enclosure around the innards is super flimsy, so it could be anything. Dunno. I don't mind shipping it back. I'd rather get this dealt with within the 15 days than get stuck with 2 batteries that don't work.

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
dpixel8,

okay that is weird and maybe my experience is not the norm either but I did test it again today and this is my results.

Took it off the charger at 4am puffed on it all day. It blinked a million times around 3:15pm kept on puffing (just to see) and it still lights up and produces smoke. Put on the charger.

When my 402 blinks its dead - no light, no smoke. I kinda like how it lets me keep going (although the vapor is reduced).

Either way, I'm sure Shawn will hook you up.

Good Luck and keep us posted on what you find out, I'm curious too (still learning myself) just wanted to post my experience.

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
WI
dpixel8,

okay that is weird and maybe my experience is not the norm either but I did test it again today and this is my results.

Took it off the charger at 4am puffed on it all day. It blinked a million times around 3:15pm kept on puffing (just to see) and it still lights up and produces smoke. Put on the charger.

When my 402 blinks its dead - no light, no smoke. I kinda like how it lets me keep going (although the vapor is reduced).

Either way, I'm sure Shawn will hook you up.

Good Luck and keep us posted on what you find out, I'm curious too (still learning myself) just wanted to post my experience.

that's the key. its new. things will get figured out.

and i am not worried in the slightest about shawn :cool:

I just posted on another thread that we're having similar issues. So far, the "fix" seems to be that if the battery is low and you put it in the wall charger and the light right away stays green, then the charger is wrong.

We're experimenting, but it seems that if you put on an atomizer, then puff a couple of times until the battery light starts to blink, you can right-away put the battery on the wall charger and THEN it turns the LED red.

This could be a sensor problem, either in the batteries or in the charger. Don't know yet, and will see. Right now, the battery that sat overnight with a green LED didn't charge at all. But with this "trick" the LED turned red, and stayed red for quite awhile. We'll see how long the charge lasts. Should be at least a day.

If it's a sensor problem, then it's more likely a technology issue, not a bad battery or charger. Could be just a change in the coupling. Still working with it. Otherwise, the VX2 is totally superb!

We're using a wall charger and no PCC, just screw the battery into the unit (which connects to the wall via short AC cord). The instructions say to initially charge the battery for 8 hours (some say 12 hours).

But we've found that it takes less than 3 hours to change the LED from red to green (on the good battery). Maybe it's the way we smoke and we're not running the battery all the way down.

It'd be nice to have a better indicator on the chargers. I've noticed that if I plug an empty charger into the wall (without a battery screwed in), the LED comes on green anyway. I'm thinking it'd be easier if the LED didn't come on at all, then went to red when the battery made an internal connection? I dunno...hard to tell with these lithium-ion batteries. Same problem with my toothbrush. :D

Hmm....maybe it's only "Things That Go In Your Mouth" and use batteries? :)

Update on the problem battery:
Well, the one battery charged for about 3 hours, but when I took it out of the charger and put in an atomizer, no vapor. The light glowed and things "looked" good, but it wouldn't produce vapor at all. Tested with the atomizer going with the other battery, which worked just fine.

So, emailed Shawn and we'll ship back the problem battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread