Issues with my new Arctic V8 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

check1222

Feb 15, 2016
Hey Y'all!
New here so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
I recently purchased an arctic v8 mini sub-tank and for the first couple weeks it worked perfectly!
However, now whenever I take a few hits, my coil seems to start tasting dry. The only solution to this I have found is to unscrew my top cap (which seems to relieve pressure? and is also very annoying) and air bubbles are released from the cotton after doing so. This also floods the tank a little and only last a few hits before getting dry again.
So I'm thinking its a vacuum issue maybe? I replaced all the o-rings on the tank and that hasn't seem to fix the issue. I've also cleaned it with alcohol and rebuilt it few times. Any help is appreciated as I just spent $30 on this tank that worked amazing the first couple of weeks and now I find myself using analogs again :nah:.

Kevin Schmidt

Mar 2, 2016
I have the same issue. Try taking the o-ring off the top fill cap. That allows air to get to the tank and it doesn't leak any. Only problem is then the hits seem to be a little wet. I will play around some more with it and reply back.

Update: Nevermind, it instantly flooded the inner coil with the top gasket removed. the issue definitely has to do with vacuum pressure in the tank though.

Update #2: OK, I figured it out.... my problem was the airflow was wide open and I'm using my own 510 tip that is smaller than the one that came with it. The problem is that it is not getting any draw. When I close the airflow to match the opening on the tip then it forces more suction on the cotton. Make sense?

Last edited:

Kevin Schmidt

Mar 2, 2016
OK, Update #3: I investigated a TON and played with this a LOT more because I really want to understand whats going on. After reading this post I finally began to understand that this issue has existed for a LONG time and has not been addressed by the manufacturers and if anything in the search for bigger clouds and such the problem has gotten worse over the years. Here is the post i'm referring to: My Mini Pro Tank 2 Tips

So, I realized that when I would unscrew the top of the tank and the bubbles would come up, the air rushing in to the top of the tank is also whats causing the flooding because as the pressure sucks the air in it is also pushing more juice out. I took the top gasket off the V8 again and this actually does seem to help the issue. It needs just a way for air to get to the top of tank to help balance the pressure. However, it still needs a certain amount of pressure in the tank to keep the tank from slowly flooding overnight. I found that removing the top gasket does the trick. Hope this helps others and I would love to hear thoughts from others and especially from hardware makers who seem to ignore this issue completely. I have read plenty of similar stories regarding the Uwell Crown and most other tanks. Maybe they just dont know how to solve the issue completely. I can see why, balancing tank pressure is tricky because there are so many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread