iStick 30W or Cool Fire 4? Other recommendations will be remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
Hey!
I haven't vaped yet, so I need a good setup. I'm on a budget... and I'm not gonna use any more than 50$. I will only use it while working on my computer, so charge while vaping is a MUST.

After a bit of research, I have been looking at eleaf istick 30w, or innokin cool fire 4. These seem reliable + within price range.

If there are any other, please let me know. :)

I will also buy Eleaf gs Air m, but other tips about other tanks would be appreciated :)

Ty

Reactions: bigbob2322

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The EVOD Pro V2 with a 1.0 Ohm atomizer would probably work for you. I don't know if you can charge it while you vape but the battery has a very good capacity for a MTL. It's cheap, it doesn't leak, for MTL it has a decent capacity built in battery (2500 mAh) and it holds a lot of liquid (4 ml). Off the top of my head the cons would be that it doesn't produce particularly good flavor compared to other mods/coils and that the 1.0 Ohm coils seem to be the best, but you have to go find a vendor for them because they may or may not be in stock. MVS doesn't have them for instance. Anyway, here's a link:

Kanger EVOD PRO V2 All-in-one Starter Kit

It's pretty good for $22.95, I have the other one that takes an 18650 that I bought for $18.95 and it is convenient. At your price point of $50 you could be buy two of these and a pack of 1.0 Ohm coils.

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
T
The EVOD Pro V2 with a 1.0 Ohm atomizer would probably work for you. I don't know if you can charge it while you vape but the battery has a very good capacity for a MTL. It's cheap, it doesn't leak, for MTL it has a decent capacity built in battery (2500 mAh) and it holds a lot of liquid (4 ml). Off the top of my head the cons would be that it doesn't produce particularly good flavor compared to other mods/coils and that the 1.0 Ohm coils seem to be the best, but you have to go find a vendor for them because they may or may not be in stock. MVS doesn't have them for instance. Anyway, here's a link:

Kanger EVOD PRO V2 All-in-one Starter Kit

It's pretty good for $22.95, I have the other one that takes an 18650 that I bought for $18.95 and it is convenient. At your price point of $50 you could be buy two of these and a pack of 1.0 Ohm coils.
Ty for answer, do you think the v1 works as well, or is the v2 a lot better?

Reactions: listopencil

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I have both the istick 30W and Coolfire 4. I like both -- I use the istick 30W when I'm out and about mostly because it's smaller/lighter than the Coolfire. IMO you can't really go wrong with either.
The istick wattage increases/decreases in .1 increments where the Coolfire is .5
No t a deal breaker either way...for me.

Reactions: Foggy Road

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
T

Ty for answer, do you think the v1 works as well, or is the v2 a lot better?

I haven't tried the V2 because I wanted something with replaceable batteries and I have other mods. Other than a few stylistic differences, the V2 has adjustable airflow and you can take the tank apart. So the V2 actually has more going on than the first one. The V2 is probably a better mod if you want to go with a built in battery.

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
I have both the istick 30W and Coolfire 4. I like both -- I use the istick 30W when I'm out and about mostly because it's smaller/lighter than the Coolfire. IMO you can't really go wrong with either.
The istick wattage increases/decreases in .1 increments where the Coolfire is .5
So you use Cool Fire at home? If the istick is cheaper and smaller and in your opinion equally good? Probably best choice is istick?

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
What about the tank, you know a cheap and good one?

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
So you use Cool Fire at home? If the istick is cheaper and smaller and in your opinion equally good? Probably best choice is istick?
Yep, the Coolfire mostly at home. It's not a large mod but I just prefer the istick while out and about. The Coolfire is well-made, feels more "expensive" than the istick. It's kind of personal preference really.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
What about the tank, you know a cheap and good one?
I am strictly a MTL vaper...started with an eGo ONE then Protanks...now I use the Nautilus Mini and Nautilus X. The Nautilus Mini is easy to use, has never leaked and gives me decent flavour. Coils are easily purchased as well. The Nautilus X I use every day; I have 3. It was a bit fiddly for me at first but once I got the hang of it and bought the extension for it (from a 2 ml tank to a 4 ml)I was happy. Never leaks and depending on where you live both tanks are reasonably priced.
I use 1.8 ohm coils in both tanks.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Oh, an advantage of the cheaper EVOD 2 is that it is an all-in-one or AIO. You don't need to buy a tank because it is built in to the device. So you'll just have to buy atomizers and juice to keep it going. I did break the plastic drip tip on my version 1 of the thing because I dropped it funny and it was spinning. It landed right on the edge of the drip tip while spinning and snapped it off. I bought a couple of flat aluminum restrictive airflow drip tips for a buck each from MVS and they worked out well for the thing. Both version are 510 drip tip compatible so you can grab one that suits you if you want. I like the flat ones with restrictive airflow to mimic smoking.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I've used all the isticks and am now trying the aspire zelos. Bigger battery, and 50w and tc to grow into.

I'm sure the innoKin's are fine, just not a fan anymore.

I really, really enjoyed Innokin products as a step up from my old Vision Spinner. I also really, really enjoyed the two mods I purchased from Sigelei. I don't know where either company is going now though. I haven't been impressed with Sigelei mods in a while and Innokin just doesn't seem to be all that innovative any more.

Reactions: r77r7r

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
Oh, an advantage of the cheaper EVOD 2 is that it is an all-in-one or AIO. You don't need to buy a tank because it is built in to the device. So you'll just have to buy atomizers and juice to keep it going. I did break the plastic drip tip on my version 1 of the thing because I dropped it funny and it was spinning. It landed right on the edge of the drip tip while spinning and snapped it off. I bought a couple of flat aluminum restrictive airflow drip tips for a buck each from MVS and they worked out well for the thing. Both version are 510 drip tip compatible so you can grab one that suits you if you want. I like the flat ones with restrictive airflow to mimic smoking.
Is it any different from a box mod? Many people say that the box mods are better than vape pens, and that would make sense.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Is it any different from a box mod? Many people say that the box mods are better than vape pens, and that would make sense.

Yes the form is substantially different. It is only 22 mm thick (slightly thicker than an 18650) and six inches long including the drip tip. It holds in the hand more like a cigar, more like a pen shape. But it does have a 2500 mAh battery which will most likely last through the day on a 1.0 Ohm coil.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I bought a cheap little EGO carrying case to go with it. In there I can keep the EVOD, a 30 ml juice bottle, a spare 18650 in a silicone wrap, a spare atomizer, and a USB charging cable. If you buy the V2 you might want to do the same, except buy two of them of different colors, and carry a smaller juice container instead of the extra battery.

Beemerlvr

Jul 9, 2017
I just picked up the Joyetech eVic Primo Mini for $39.99 off of eightvape.com. It's a great little mod. Uses a single 18650, goes to 80w, has TC control, and comes with the procore aeries tank. I bought it as a take out and about cause it's small, light and very comfortable to hold. I have the eVic Primo 2.0 the dual 18650 and got the mini so I could carry in my pocket and feel like my pockets were being weighed down. You would have to purchase a single 18650 but depending on where you get the battery from you would certainly still be under you $50 budget. It's a great little mod it's worth a look at.

Buckvape

Jul 9, 2017
I am strictly a MTL vaper...started with an eGo ONE then Protanks...now I use the Nautilus Mini and Nautilus X. The Nautilus Mini is easy to use, has never leaked and gives me decent flavour. Coils are easily purchased as well. The Nautilus X I use every day; I have 3. It was a bit fiddly for me at first but once I got the hang of it and bought the extension for it (from a 2 ml tank to a 4 ml)I was happy. Never leaks and depending on where you live both tanks are reasonably priced.
I have been looking at the Nautilus Mini. The reviews are very promising. I think I'll go with that.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I have been looking at the Nautilus Mini. The reviews are very promising. I think I'll go with that.

I loved the original Nautilus. You should note that the Mini is only 2 ml, and fills from the bottom, and has bottom airflow. Not tank killers by any means but that can be inconvenient. The X can be extended to 4 ml, and fills from the top, as well as having top airflow. A friend of mine bought the mini years ago and I thought it was a great little tank as a smaller option to the Nautilus at the time. Today I'd pick the X over the mini.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

I have a Quad Flex Survival Kit on order so I'll have two X's in a while, one black and one SS. Should be fun to play with that kit. Only cost me about $20. I just have to wait on that slow boat from China.

Reactions: juskiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread