Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I just ordered mine. I'm REALLY hoping I like the color. I've seen some pretty ugly ones (IMO). I love the blues, greens, and purples. It's really unfortunate there's no way of pre-selecting a color.. at least in a range. They all seem to be reds, yellows, blues, purple, etc.

I know the one I'm getting has some blue in it (eBay, I asked for a pic), but I won't really know until it arrives if I like it.

Anyway, lets see some pics!

This is one of my favourite:

istick_pico_resin_grande.jpg

And here's another nice looking one:

ELEAF-ISTICK-RESIN-PICO.jpg

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I dunno why I come here anymore.. every recent thread I've posted hasn't gotten any replies.

Anyway, here's the resin Pico I received. It's ok.. I would have preferred something a little less feminine looking. I think if I polish it to a gloss shine, it'll enhance the colors and look much better.. not sure how to go about it, but I'm really not digging the matte look to it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 160

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Hello! Thanks for the reply. :)

The colors are nice.. but I dunno, the matte finish takes away from it IMO.

It has that slight soft/rubbery texture a lot of mods have. It's nice to hold, but I'd rather it be glossy.

I do have another one, the anodized silver, which was actually sent to me by mistake, which I really don't like (not a fan of anodized finishes). I was thinking about getting a wrap for it to make it look better, but found an amazing deal on the Resin on eBay ($34.95, full kit!), so I got that instead. I definitely like it more than the silver one.

If you can't tell the wrap on on there, it might not be worth the 'upgrade', but if you can sell yours for a bit, and find a good deal on the Resin, it's nice to have something a lil different. It's cool that every one is unique.. but I've seen some really ugly ones.. so it's definitely a luck of the draw if the vendor won't let you see what's available before ordering.

short714

Mar 24, 2017
Here is a pic of mine. It was described as a RED/ORANGE combo, but obviously is a Red/Blue combo. Oh well, not worth the trouble to send back and it is not that bad IMHO. I wish next they would make a stab wood PICO.

I agree the matte finish is kind of dull and washes out the colors, but I don't think you are gonna be able to polish the resin to a glossy finish. I think it would take away the soft feel and I kinda like that aspect of the mod. It is a little lighter than the regular one I have and I love the form factor of the PICO so its a keeper for me.

My Pico Resin 1.jpg

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Here is a pic of mine. It was described as a RED/ORANGE combo, but obviously is a Red/Blue combo. Oh well, not worth the trouble to send back and it is not that bad IMHO. I wish next they would make a stab wood PICO.

I agree the matte finish is kind of dull and washes out the colors, but I don't think you are gonna be able to polish the resin to a glossy finish. I think it would take away the soft feel and I kinda like that aspect of the mod. It is a little lighter than the regular one I have and I love the form factor of the PICO so its a keeper for me.

View attachment 650267
That's cool. It looks like it's on fire

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I use my pico and pico squeeze more than all my mods combined.
    Light and small enough to stick in shirt pocket.
    Anyway I've been looking at resin finish but I'd have to see the one I'm getting.
    If a seller could take pictures of at least a few actual ones you receive they'd probably sell thier stock much faster.If I seen the right color I'd hit the pay now button for resin pico.
    So far everyone says the same thing,I'd like to see colors before I buy it.
    Why pay extra to get an ugly color?

landlocked

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2010
    Ok, USA
    I don't have the Pico Resin, but I've got the Funky which is close. I think I want a Pico next. Ignore the ugly Aspire tank... I'm waiting on a new tank and this is my first mod.. I used a eGo and Aspire for years, and years, and years. I agree with wishing you could pick colors because I don't want to get a puke yellow and brown one. That would be my luck.
    mod.jpg

landlocked

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2010
    Ok, USA
    Question for you pros. Like I said, this is my first mod.. although, I broke down and ordered a Pico Resin from FastTech. I've got one battery in the one I'm using, but I want a couple more. Would an LG hg2 3000mAh 20A work for the one I have already and the Pico Resin? I only use it at 7 - 9 watts if that matters. I know nothing about batteries. I have an eFest battery now, but I was told on another thread that's not really a recommended brand, but that's what they sold me. *sigh*

Reactions: Fog n Vape
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread