The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

it been awhile... but, im back with a question.

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by narrdarr, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. narrdarr

narrdarr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2014
    fema region 9
    just got a new mod and atty.
    therion bf dna 75w squonker
    vandy vapes pulse rda

i have some 22g ss 316 L wire.
    i want to give tc a shot again, but not sure what my target resistances should be with this wire on this device should be. a little help would be nice. ty

2. jersey_emt

jersey_emt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    Which Pulse? The 22 mm single coil version, or the 24 mm dual coil version?

3. jersey_emt

jersey_emt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    I'd start at around 0.2 ohms single coil or 0.1 ohms dual coil. 8 wraps with a 2.5 mm diameter will get you there. Dual coil should be able to handle the full 75 watts, or 35 watts single coil without much trouble.

4. narrdarr

Oct 14, 2014
    fema region 9
    thanks.
    22 mm single coil version i got a .21 35w 370f 50w 1sec preheat. its pretty smooth but kinda weak. not sure if i need to up the watts or the temp. new to dna chips so i just got to tinker i guess.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Have you loaded up escribe yet?

• Like Like x 1
  6. narrdarr

Oct 14, 2014
    fema region 9
  7. APathos

APathos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2016
    CA USA
    Personally I mostly don't worry about resistance or wattage when using TC on a regulated mod. Just find the ~temp you like (I'm around 440F), and if your vapor production does not meet your expectations for your atty chamber and airflow, just increase your build's surface area.

• Like Like x 2
  8. EverPresentNoob

EverPresentNoob Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    DC Metro area
    Yep. I find with TC I am happy around 450-460 deg. I played with wattage a bit at first and was getting a decent vape, but not a great one. started watching my display in a mirror as I vaped and found that at the 75W I was vaping my device (DNA250) wasnt getting to my target temp of 450. Upped the wattage to 125 and lowered the temp a touch and found the vape better, but that the coils were hitting temp and power was cutting out so the vape was kinda pulsing. lowered wattage to 110 and now I get nice happy 5 second pulls with no pulsing. Just a nice even steady hiss of the coils working good.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.