• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

It drives me freakin' nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've almost posted three responses in the last few minutes that really shouldn't be posted, and this is just venting.

FREAKING STUPID CONSERVATIVES WHO CAN BLITHELY POST AND GRIPE ABOUT THE LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES "PUSHING THEIR MORALS" ON EVERYONE ELSE WHEN YOU KNOW THESE ARE THE SAME DAMNED MOUTH BREATHERS WHO VOTED FOR EVERY SINGLE ANTI-MARRIAGE EQUALITY AMENDMENT AND LAW.

But now they're banning e-cigs and that is Just Not Tolerated. Make someone I don't like a second class citizen and that's perfectly OK with me - where can I send my check to help? Inconvenience me, and I'll raise hell. And they don't see the hypocrisy.

OK, I'm better now. Carry on.

Anima

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Texas
LOL. I'm sorry, I'm trolling (I don't know if non-members are supposed to post in the Gay Group forum), but your thread title intrigued me. For the most part, I agree, but some people lumped under the banner "Conservative" are actually libertarians (like myself), and are in favor of marriage equality and against e-cig bans. I share your concern that many of our allies with respect to ecig legislation are also hypocritical bigots. Strange bedfellows...

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
This looks like good OUTSIDE! material.

I've always voted Republican, but see no use in telling anyone what to do. I don't have time to worry about what two consenting adults do. Land of the Free. Right?

Who knows, I might just be pulling different levers come election time. It doesn't seem like I am very well represented these days. I'm kind of a mutt when it comes to politics. Left here, right there. Just depends on the subject.

With a bit of luck, what's going on in NY will spread when folks see the world isn't going to blow up when we treat everyone the same lol....we'll see.

Have a good day.

Anima

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2011
Texas
With the current state of the Republican party, there is nothing more radical than the idea that personal morality must not be legislated - radicals are never conservative, by definition.

Agreed, but very often fiscal conservatives (which include libertarians) are called "Conservative". Both parties are guilty of attempting to legislate their idea of moral behavior (I'm thinking drug laws here) and neither has been great on the marriage issue. I think Obama has been particularly disappointing with respect to gay rights issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread