• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

It finally has arrived - The Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Today I am happier than a pig in sh@$$##t!

My Vamo, Trustfire charger and 6 Efest batteries came in. The good folks at Canvape included a 510 to eGo adapter just in case I needed it. All my attys (Nova large, Nova Mini and Eternity) all work just fine on the mod without the adapter.

Well holy crap what a device! it is. Easy to use, easy navigation system and the output is stellar.

I am very happy :) --- going to be a great weekend ---> no work Friday and I think I shall also take the weekend off (meaning no home renovations).

Currently using the following configuration: Two Efest 18350 nipple top batteries, rms mode, VW @ 9, Large Viva Nova tank (2.1 ohms).

It vapes like a champ!

Hi Tom: your running the 2.1ohm head at 9 watts?
I was looking at a graph and it appeared that 5 watts tops was the range.
Does running it in rms mode change this?

PS: I just ordered mine this morning - now to stalking the mailman :)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB

No longer. I had to come up with a better coil (ohm) solution since getting this device as I found 2.0 ohm coil was not working well for me. I have re-coiled all my Nova heads using 36 awg - 4 wraps gives between 3.5 - 4.0 ohms (average is 3.7 ohms). This seems to be optimal for me.

I can't comment on the other mode as all I have used since getting the device is VW and rms.

In regards to the graph, not sure what to say. The VW range is 3 - 15 watts. Just switched it to 15 watts and wow!

I get good results between 6 - 10 watts.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I've got a lot to learn about VW. On my lava tubes I simply added 2 to the ohm of the head, so for a 2.8ohm head, I'd set it at 4.8volts.
Guess I'll try that on the VAMO and see what the voltage read out says its running at. I bought it simply because I wanted something new and this one looked to be a great deal. I like the idea of it coming with the 18650 extension too. I was able to get on of the new versions with metal buttons and black chrome..... where's that mailman:)

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
I've had mine well over a week, and it's just bloody spectacular. I went from "yeah, it's pretty good" with my old LT, to "Sweet Mother Christmas! Did someone get a license plate of the truck that just slammed into my lungs?" with my Vamo. Same liquid, same Vivi - new power source.

Get one.

Now.

No, seriously, why are you still reading this instead of ordering one? Go.

I mean it.

Ok, fine. I'll order one for you. What's your credit card number?

If I PM you my CC# and get one for me, I better not see some ......... chargers on my bank statement ;)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I've got a lot to learn about VW. On my lava tubes I simply added 2 to the ohm of the head, so for a 2.8ohm head, I'd set it at 4.8volts.
Guess I'll try that on the VAMO and see what the voltage read out says its running at. I bought it simply because I wanted something new and this one looked to be a great deal. I like the idea of it coming with the 18650 extension too. I was able to get on of the new versions with metal buttons and black chrome..... where's that mailman:)

If in VV mode, you set the voltage range from 3 - 6 volts. You can also check the 'available' voltage.
If you are in VW mode there is no display indicator for the output voltage, which you don't need because your setting output wattage.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

I'm not sure which graph you are looking at but 2.1 ohms at 9 watts is only using 4.3 volts and 2 Amps.

If you enjoyed that juice on a 2.8 ohm head at 4.8 volts then you were at 8 watts, so you should try the same setup at 8 watts on the Vamo and adjust from there.

Enjoy!

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I'm not sure which graph you are looking at but 2.1 ohms at 9 watts is only using 4.3 volts and 2 Amps.

If you enjoyed that juice on a 2.8 ohm head at 4.8 volts then you were at 8 watts, so you should try the same setup at 8 watts on the Vamo and adjust from there.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I finally found the chart I was thinking of and I was way off base.
The chart was showing resistance vs voltage to select the proper voltage.
It doesn't list wattage. Now I know 8 watts will be my starting point.
I'll also set it for rms mode.
I picked one up for $44.64 w/ coupon 5off from https://vaporbank.com
Saw it on vapor joes blog this morning. They already shipped it so it shouldn't be long.
I kind of wish I went with the chrome now, after reading that the black chrome is just chrome covered with black paint.
I thought it was real black chrome plating which would be very durable.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thanks! I finally found the chart I was thinking of and I was way off base.
The chart was showing resistance vs voltage to select the proper voltage.
It doesn't list wattage. Now I know 8 watts will be my starting point.
I'll also set it for rms mode.
I picked one up for $44.64 w/ coupon 5off from https://vaporbank.com
Saw it on vapor joes blog this morning. They already shipped it so it shouldn't be long.
I kind of wish I went with the chrome now, after reading that the black chrome is just chrome covered with black paint.
I thought it was real black chrome plating which would be very durable.

I'm not sure where you heard that it was painted but I think you should wait until you receive yours and you can let us know. I doubt that it is painted. Even so, I have gone farther than $44 wrong before! Lol

Enjoy!

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I'm not sure where you heard that it was painted but I think you should wait until you receive yours and you can let us know. I doubt that it is painted. Even so, I have gone farther than $44 wrong before! Lol

Enjoy!

I got it today and I thought I'd better note to people, the black chrome is not painted, it is real black chrome plating.
Good solid finish. The thing looks fantastic and it works great. Mine didn't have any of the battery issues that I've read about.
I tried it with both flat top and nipple type batteries and it worked fine. One downside and it was enough for me anyway to sell it off in the classifieds. It weighs a lot, compared to the YJ mini lava tube I've grown accustomed to. The extra weight was just too much for my old guy hands to put up with. On the bright side, these have become so popular that it sold in record time and I got really close to what I paid for it, only lost the shipping costs. Good luck to you all and enjoy your Vamo's :) Vape on......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread