It seems I'm just not that "Into" what I used to smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I smoked menthol almost exclusively for years. Started with Newports, then switched to the cheaper menthols as prices started to climb.

When I started vaping just a few short weeks ago, one of the purchases I made was a Menthol tobacco from VaporChef.

I just tried it the other night. It's good. Really good, and VERY well done. For those of you that have quit and started again, it's like going back to smoking and pulling that first menthol out of a fresh pack and getting that first hit. Very tasty, very authentic.

But I was kinda like "Meh, I like the other juices better".

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the other tobacco flavors I've tried (Slatiblartfast from the same vendor comes to mind, and a honey tobacco blend I tried last week) but for some reason my old standby just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Most likely everyone. Cigarettes were never "tasty." They were... just what we smoked.

Vaping changes everything. Most start out with something analogous to what we used to smoke, and we try other things. Vaping isn't the same as smoking. It looks similar, but is very different and we, as vapers, discover that.

It's just part of the journey.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Started DIY liquids after I went thru the first 2 bottles of ready made liquids - after daces of analogues, sensory equipment ( taste & smell ) is slowly and gradually recovering and I plan on enjoying that to the fullest. Flavours so intense that it makes the toenails curl or so subtle that u have to really focus on the vaping --- it is indeed part of the journey...

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Camel "humps" and later Drum RYO. I went the desert direction.
Your taste buds are going to change and what may be your ADV right now can change as you get further into vaping. If you don't have the motley crew of juices sitting around to re-try when that happens, go the sample route. I got there at my 8 month point. Samples are easy on the budget and you don't have 15ml bottles of stuff you don't want to vape!
As if I'm not knee high in samples right now!:blink:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I started vaping non-tobacco simply because that's what I was moving away from and quitting. Since then it's been a journey to taste the best of the best when and where possible from pre-mixed through vendors to my own DIY, which is about all I vape these days. I prefer a bit more control over my juice (as much as possible), which is why I went the DIY route.

Don't get my wrong, I ordered quite a bit from ECBlends before moving to DIY because they have a huge assortment and samples are cheap.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
My very first vape was a sweet/fruit tobacco juice (Southern Hospitality from Vapor Chef) and I liked it; I think I sort of avoided my analog "flavor" if you will because, well, I was quitting, and I didn't want to start into vaping with something that reminded me of my habit.

I guess I was a little surprised by how much I DIDN'T want to smoke menthols.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
We smoked menthols (and in my case cloves) because they were the only alternative to the taste of dead leaves. Once exposed to the unlimited flavor choices that comes with vaping you realize that what you used to smoke was never really that great. Though I do still buy a lot of clove flavors, I never buy menthol juice.

You make a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread