• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

It seems to be starting in earnest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I guess, being about the whole of Europe this doesn't concern just the UK, but since, being in Malta, I get most of my stuff from the UK I thought it might be of interest here.

Looks like in a number of EU countries, including the UK, online sites are already not selling nicotine base, particularly not cross border. Some, like Chefsvapour, are not even selling pure VG and PG or at least not under that name. At least that is what they are saying on their website.

I'm starting to seriously panic. The Molin shop in Poland still seems to be doing business in just about everything and though I could barely afford it at this time I had to place another order today before the EU market disappears altogether. Lithuania I am told has already closed down all online selling of anything even remotely connected with vaping even within its own borders.

I simply can't understand this prohibition thing - it's just crazy!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just spoke to Ash at Chefs, and he says the Nicotine is an international problem with Royal Mail, not any legislation yet. Would be hazardous if a bottle leaked/split and Chefs would be in trouble, so that makes sense.
They can still supply it within the UK.

PG & VG is still the same pure UK liquid, and will always be available to UK and International buyers.

They're re-stocking soon, perhaps tomorrow.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I just spoke to Ash at Chefs, and he says the Nicotine is an international problem with Royal Mail, not any legislation yet. Would be hazardous if a bottle leaked/split and Chefs would be in trouble, so that makes sense.
They can still supply it within the UK.

PG & VG is still the same pure UK liquid, and will always be available to UK and International buyers.

They're re-stocking soon, perhaps tomorrow.
The first thing i checked after reading the op was Chefs. Good to know they will be re-stocking soon, thanks Trish. :)

Reactions: Pictor

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I just spoke to Ash at Chefs, and he says the Nicotine is an international problem with Royal Mail, not any legislation yet.
Thank you for checking.I hope that is the case. Molin, where I also sometimes shop for flavours (their concentrates are really concentrated and a lot of them are nice) don't seem to be having any problem and from the invoice it looks like they are sending the nic through the mail... obviously not Royal Mail.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The first thing i checked after reading the op was Chefs. Good to know they will be re-stocking soon, thanks Trish. :)
Welcome! :)
I was surprised to find Ash available on the chat so late, but glad he was.
I may just get another 100ml of nicotine when it's re-stocked! - I'd rather have too much than not enough if things get tough.
I'm trying to get down to all 4mg or 3mg! Still got the mint choc Vapetto in 6mg, but have begun combining the others in equal quantities of 6 with 3.

Reactions: terry w

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Thank you for checking.I hope that is the case. Molin, where I also sometimes shop for flavours (their concentrates are really concentrated and a lot of them are nice) don't seem to be having any problem and from the invoice it looks like they are sending the nic through the mail... obviously not Royal Mail.
Glad you can still get it! :thumb:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I'm trying to get down to all 4mg or 3mg!

It's doable. I was a 1 PAD smoker for over 40 years (some of those years it was closer to 2PAD) but I went down to 6mg almost immediately. These days most of the juices I DIY are within the 3 to 4 mg range. Of course I tend to chain vape a lot :) and my juices are basically all very high flavour. It does do the trick though and the high flavour has kept me off food too... I actually lost weight without even trying. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It's doable. I was a 1 PAD smoker for over 40 years (some of those years it was closer to 2PAD) but I went down to 6mg almost immediately. These days most of the juices I DIY are within the 3 to 4 mg range. Of course I tend to chain vape a lot :) and my juices are basically all very high flavour. It does do the trick though and the high flavour has kept me off food too... I actually lost weight without even trying. :)
Very much the same for me - averaged 36 per day in the last couple of years I smoked, and had smoked for over 40 years.
I stopped by using the cig-size ones with cartridges but had to change because I can't use much PG. Quickly got down to 1.0mg and got down to 6mg very quickly. I've been using a few lower ones for some time, but am making more of an effort now.

I like plenty of flavour too - lost weight before I stopped smoking though: needed to get husbands cholesterol down without drugs which he can't tolerate, so I altered the way we eat, and slowly, we both lost 2 stones! We do have the odd treat of course, but generally, it's a healthier way of eating.
A bit too much weight loss for me as I ended up a size 8, but I've put 4lbs on in the past few months by eating supper, and I feel better for it!
It was costly with clothing though as we both needed new clothes twice over 18 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread