The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

It should be legal to discriminate against non vapers

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by IgnorantCig, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. IgnorantCig

IgnorantCig Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    I remember back in the day, where smoking was allowed practically everywhere.

I'd smoke on airplanes. I'd smoke in an elevator. I'd smoke in a restaurant, in a club, wherever. Smoking is of course a bad thing, a deadly thing, but those were fun times.

Nowadays, anti-vaping regulations are basically the same as anti-cig regulations, even though the two are not the same at all as we all know.

Why is it that a restaurant or bar can't open up that allowed vaping?

If somebody doesn't like to vape, then go someplace else. Simple.

Why is it that vapers must accommodate everybody else?

What about the rights of vapers to practice their god given freedom?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Seriously?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. IgnorantCig

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    Of course I'm serious.

If I wanted to open up a bar that catered exclusively to vapers and people who don't mind vaping, then that should of course be allowed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    The wife and I toured the deep south of New Zealand (its a very touristy place) a few months ago. I saw a vape shop and just had to go see. The wife was still heavy anti then (she's slowly coming around now) but she came with.
    Inside I was pleasantly surprised to find a coffee and vape shop in one. What a pleasure it was to sit down, have a sandwich/coffee while vaping away.
    It reminded me very much of those good old days you spoke of...:thumbs:
    Vaping is legalized here in NZ. I'm hoping it'll become the norm everywhere here in time.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    I missed the part about opening up a bar or some place where vaping was allowed. I would be totally open to that.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. IgnorantCig

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    The problem is that vaping is being identified as and being treated as the exact same thing as cigs by ignorant politicians.

If we're to embark on a clueless, authoritarian banning spree, initiated by ignorant politicians and others, then I have plenty of suggestions myself to add to the list that would rank higher than "vaping".

This link is from some months ago:

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Monday signed a bill to ban vaping anywhere cigarettes are already prohibited, like workplaces, restaurants and bars. The ban goes into effect in 30 days.

New York State Bans Vaping Anywhere Cigarettes Are Prohibited

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. RainSong

RainSong An adult who likes flavors. Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don’t mind no vaping or smoking in most places but I would like if you could still do it in a bar. It’s miserable in Arizona to be stuck out on the smoking patio in the middle of summer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    I could agree to all of that. Your hard earned money to succeed or lose due to your client base.
    Laughing. What rights? Depending on the government officials we/you elect, they dictate the rules of a democracy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Well, the biggest thing to remember is this. The Bill of Rights says, a person's rights stop/end when they infringe on another person's rights.

While I get your point, I also get the point of others not wanting to inhale second hand vape, same as they didn't/don't want to inhale second hand smoke. It isn't a question of one safer to the other as the chemicals are concerned, it's a question of people not wanting to smell it.

That's why we have the right to not be a patron of establishments we do not like. Then of course without getting religious, there ain't a thing that says vaping is a given right. There's nothing that says we have/had a right to smoke or vape. Not being able to vape where you want really is a 1st world problem and there really are larger issues in life.

If I lived in NY, I'd be more worried about my 2A rights then vaping or maybe the right to be able to buy a soft drink in the size that I choose. Lot more things you can't do/have in NY than you can, easier to move to a free state and be done with it, lol.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    E66375DF-C10A-47E5-9C54-8166D094FF61.jpeg No vaping at the bar? You have got to be kidding me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  11. Ralph_K
    This message by Ralph_K has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 9, 2018, Reason: Off topic. Take it to Outside.
    Mar 9, 2018
  12. the wind

the wind Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    come down south we have them,at least right now.if you need any ammo for the difference in the two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. bobwho77
    This message by bobwho77 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Mar 9, 2018, Reason: Cleaning up.
    Mar 9, 2018
  14. Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'd luv if a vaping/coffee shop was allowed in the area I live. Be great to buy couple mls of a new to me juice, load up a tank, relax with a nice coffee, meet n chat with some other vapers or kick back n read a book or whatever.
    My favorite local vape store had a couple sofas and often had a some vapers hanging out, sometimes we'd swap a few mls just to experience a different juice, often people would then buy another bottle of juice if they liked the swap
    The nanny state, big brother, new world order, totalitarian, fascist, no fun police put an end to that with their draconian laws against vaping indoors.
    People were going to the town council meetings and complaining that there were people vaping in a vape shop. OMG the horror, the depravity........ Really it's a vape shop if you don't want to see vaping don't go in a vape shop. To me it's like someone complaining " Walked by a restaurant and there were people eating food in it "
    end of rant

• Agree Agree x 10
  15. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You can, it's called a private club.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape Senior Member ECF Veteran

The Bill of Rights says, a person's rights stop/end when they infringe on another person's rights.

While I get your point, I also get the point of others not wanting to inhale second hand vape, same as they didn't/don't want to inhale second hand smoke. It isn't a question of one safer to the other as the chemicals are concerned, it's a question of people not wanting to smell it.

That's why we have the right to not be a patron of establishments we do not like. Then of course without getting religious, there ain't a thing that says vaping is a given right. There's nothing that says we have/had a right to smoke or vape.
    Sorry messed up the quote from papergoblin

I seem to remember something about liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Vaping makes me happy and I should have the liberty to pursue such happiness and engage in peaceful assembly with others.

I didn't get a message from IgnorantCig original post that he wanted to return the clock back and vape everywhere that we used to smoke but have a vape friendly pub or such
    In the context of a vape friendly establishment anyone entering said establishment would be there of their own free will so I fail to understand logically how there would be any infringement on any else's rights.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    You want to discuss the finer points of politics, take it to Outside. Otherwise keep it out of the general forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Hey, be glad they still allow it there. In some places, they've extended those bans to the outdoor seating areas of bars and restaurants! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Joru'us C'baoth

Joru'us C'baoth Super Member

The answer lay in the question...
    Just change vape to smoke, and you see the door it opens...
    That said, if a bar wants to allow either, I'm all for it.
    Government shouldn't dictate what one can or cannot do in the confines of their business/home.
    My .02

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I concur. But then I gotta ask: How is that any different than a smoke-friendly establishment?

Unfortunately, I think we lost this fight back when we were all still smokers and accepted/respected the laws and ordinances that took away the just the right of private businesses to decide whether to allow or prohibit smoking in their establishment.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Joru'us C'baoth

Joru'us C'baoth Super Member

Sadly, this is the case.
    The precedent is set, and barring somebody with a boatload of money and time fighting the laws that stand...

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Again it says we have the right to pursue happiness, but does not guarantee we get/find happiness.

Turning back the clock may sound well and good but remember there are people that would like to do this as well. Think about how many rights could be removed if they could go back and circumvent certain things. One has to take the good with the bad, in life.

I understand your point but think of it this way. 2A people are saying the same thing as you and yet look at the laws, they are way more restrictive for an actual listed right than vaping. Then look at the problems on college campuses and the arguments about free speech.

What if your neighbor blares a stereo at 2AM having a party, won't stop saying it's their house and they have a right to listen to music. Would you just take it or call the cops?

Vaping is not required to live, so it is a want not a need. While I think businesses should be allowed to decide what happens in their establishments, it's not the case is some places.

The reason being is largely due to businesses/people wanting the gov. to step in with laws. They wanted it because they could not enforce no smoking (and now vaping) in/on their property legally. All they could do was ask the person to stop or leave, then if that person did not comply, call the police. The police would show up, make a scene (bad for business) and the person would leave.

Now if you don't think it was or is right for a business to say you can't vape or smoke, turn it around. Imagine people come on your property and you have no right to tell them to stop doing something or to leave. It's the same thing, private property, one owned by a person and the other by a business.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.