Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have a Vamo, but not an MVP. The Vamo is okay, but just okay. From the reviews I have read from other members the MVP comes out far ahead.

ETA: I forgot to add that the MVP doesn't use the same chip as the Chinese mods in the same price range and offers a much smoother vape since it cycles higher.

Last edited:

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I just got a MVP 2 & also have a Vamo V2 Stainless.

The Vamo is a year old & have had no problems at all. You can find all kinds of posts about some Vamo problems, plus there's a Vamo thread in here somewhere dedicated to Vamo's. Should be easy to find with the search box.
The Vamo threading is supposedly the weak link. I think it may because they are brass or some soft metal. I haven't had a single issue with mine but I only use it at home & take care of my stuff.

The MVP 2 I just got is a very nice unit. I just got it but as little time I've used it, sure is a solidly built device. I got it for a song during a great sale someone posted on ECF. [Thanks again to whoever posted that].

The MVP feels good & definitely smaller so that's good. The only thing I don't like is the MVP is a disposable device once the battery is done. Guess they want you to just keep buying them?

You'd be happy with either of them. I got my Vamo V2 SS from Fasttech but you have to look for the kit with the Nitecore charger & I think, Panasonic batteries. Don't skimp on chargers & batts. Get the good ones from the start. Never ever get anything with the word fire in it, such as Trustfire, etc. There has been many probs. reported with "Fire" stuff.

Good luck & hope I could help.

BTW, I don't know the differences between the various Vamo #'s out there. When I got the V2 it was the latest & greatest.

JC

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have both.

It's not really a good comparison i.m.o.

In theory, the Vamo should work out better value IF it lasts long enough. The MVP is a good honest mod that should see a years service easily.

I prefer using the MVP menu and prefer the MVP "feel" despite owning many 18650 tube mods.

If you vape a lot, the Vamo with 2 or 3 batteries in rotation makes a lot of sense.

- -

In reality, it wouldn't be right for me to not mention that I actually use a SID in preference to both. The Evic was my favourite but it's a piece of unreliable expensive junk. So, I replaced it with a SID for less than half the price.

Red Horn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
High Desert, CA
Can't say which is better. Was facing same decision and opted for MVP 2 because:

Felt Vamo V5 was too long physically

Heard issues about Vamo threading

Even though have a charger already would have to buy a battery for V5

My MVP came with a new iClear 16B

MVP has gotten very high praise from users

MVP can charge a cell phone

MVP can be recharged in a vehicle

MVP battery lasts a long time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread