Status
Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I have a question for you, Gandymarsh, please. My apologies to Vaping2Live.

When you say the Kanger Subtank mini is designed as a sub-ohm tank, but has an RBA head that is the same size as the replaceable coils. Does that mean that one can use the regular coils for it without modification and it will also be a good tank for mouth to lung vaping? I have the same question for the RBA too. If someone were to build the coils for it, would the coil design need to be modified to make it work satisfactorily as a mouth to lung tank?

Does the eLeaf Lemo 2 use prebuilt coils and also coils that you can build? Does it work for mouth to lung vaping? How is it for flavor?

Please tell me more about the Ego One Mega Tank. It comes with coils that can be rebuilt?? How does that work? Is this a mouth to lung tank? Is it good for flavor?

I apologize for highjacking this thread with my questions. The Deeming Regs have led me to realize I need to learn a lot about mods with replaceable batts, rebuilding coils and DIY. I've always used iSticks with Nautilus Minis, so am trying to begin broadening my knowledge.

@JustWondering

I own a Subtank Mini clone from Fasttech and a Lemo 2 but I haven't used either one yet. I bought them because of the FDA stuff that I could see coming. The clone's airflow can be closed down to a very small hole if desired. The Lemo 2 airflow can be closed down to a small opening. Of course you can always use a drip tip with a smaller hole. I have read on here of some MTL people that use the Subtank.

I haven't found any prebuilt coils for the Lemo 2.

The Subtank will use prebuilt coils. I believe they come in different resistances up to 1.5 ohm.

The Ego One Mega tank gives very good flavor. It doesn't come with the rebuildable CLR coils but they are available. I think you could MTL with the 1 ohm coils but probably not the .5 ohm coils.

Here is a video by our own Shawn Hoefer (he's an ECF member)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The bellcaps I see are all plastic, or am I missing something. I would really love this tank if it didn't have the plastic section. And using the all metal one, well just useless to not see your liquid level.

I use the plastic bells caps. I don't use Citrus or Cinnamon, but the rest is fine.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
@JustWondering

I own a Subtank Mini clone from Fasttech and a Lemo 2 but I haven't used either one yet. I bought them because of the FDA stuff that I could see coming. The clone's airflow can be closed down to a very small hole if desired. The Lemo 2 airflow can be closed down to a small opening. Of course you can always use a drip tip with a smaller hole. I have read on here of some MTL people that use the Subtank.

I haven't found any prebuilt coils for the Lemo 2.

The Subtank will use prebuilt coils. I believe they come in different resistances up to 1.5 ohm.

The Ego One Mega tank gives very good flavor. It doesn't come with the rebuildable CLR coils but they are available. I think you could MTL with the 1 ohm coils but probably not the .5 ohm coils.

Here is a video by our own Shawn Hoefer (he's an ECF member)

Thank you gandymarsh. I'm going to look into this. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. I'm determined to make sure The Deeming doesn't keep me from vaping!!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I use the plastic bells caps. I don't use Citrus or Cinnamon, but the rest is fine.

I thought the range of juices supposed to crack polycarbonate tanks was much broader than just citrus or cinnamon? I've read warnings about it on the web sites of several juice vendors. Do you vape fruit juices?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My take on the responses already given. The Subtank mini is easy to rebuild on...much like a kayfun rebuild. I have build 2.0 ohm coils just fine. However, even on the smallest air hole and with a more narrow drip tip, I have never considered it to be true MTL. Guess it depends on what you're used to. I have heard about and tried a single coil protank head in the subtank and it surprisingly worked fine. YMMV.

I also like the ego one/tron-s tanks (prefer the Tron-S) with the crl coils. These rebuild much like a protank II coil. Very wide airflow choice so MTL is possible. I think the Tron-S is glass.

I have recently begun to experiment with the cubis tank. It also has an rba head, but I haven't perfected it yet. A bit more finicky to rebuild. But I like the tank. It's glass, top fill and leakproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread