iTaste MVP and RSST?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
So this is more of a rhetorical/has anybody else noticed this thread but I was charging all of my extra batteries(couple day trip and forgot my charger), and out of habit I screwed my RSST with a .8ohm built coil onto my MVP. It fired.
Is there any particular reason why the Vamo and Provari won't and I shouldn't use my sub-ohm on my MVP or is it just a protective measure to make sure you don't try and shove 6v through a .4ohm built coil?

Mainly I suppose I am asking if it's safe to do so as long as I am using a low enough voltage(i.e. 3.7)?

notawoman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Las Vegas
Yes, it is an amperage cut off and it's a safety feature. not sure about the mvp and vamo limitations but the provari will stop itself if you try to go over 3.5 amps. It's safe to do as vv and vw devices have built in protection. I really like mechanicals for rebuildables because the limitations you have are based on your battery and how much amperage it can handle, but there is no protection encase of a short.

Anyways, it is safe because those 3 devices have protection built in. But when you have a coil that low you don't have many options. You're basically running off the lowest voltage settings and might be losing potential power.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
It's odd that you've posted this because just last week on one of the FB groups I'm in, someone posted that he had fired a .5 ohm with an MVP. A bunch of us just figured he was misreading resistance or was just not knowledgable but he continued to press it and a bunch of us told him to cut it out as the amp situation was really taxing the mvp if he was telling the truth.

I think the owner's manual says there's a 3 amp limit but i no longer have the thing.

It seems the MVP SHOULD be preventing you from doing this but with two reports maybe there's something to it?

I'd be careful. .8 isn't that big of a deal if you've got the voltage down etc still i wouldnt think that internal batt on the mvp is all that reliable in terms of safely operating outside of what it is designed to do

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
It's odd that you've posted this because just last week on one of the FB groups I'm in, someone posted that he had fired a .5 ohm with an MVP. A bunch of us just figured he was misreading resistance or was just not knowledgable but he continued to press it and a bunch of us told him to cut it out as the amp situation was really taxing the mvp if he was telling the truth.

I think the owner's manual says there's a 3 amp limit but i no longer have the thing.

It seems the MVP SHOULD be preventing you from doing this but with two reports maybe there's something to it?

I'd be careful. .8 isn't that big of a deal if you've got the voltage down etc still i wouldnt think that internal batt on the mvp is all that reliable in terms of safely operating outside of what it is designed to do

So what you're saying is I shouldn't do it? LOL

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
My MVP,which i purchased on the first round when they hit the sites for sale,will not fire a 1ohm coil or anything under 1.5 for that fact.I break out my mech's for my sub ohm builds.Do you have the newer v2 MVP with vv/vw? They are using the newer chip with an 11w max,not sure what the amp limit in the newer units is though?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
So what you're saying is I shouldn't do it? LOL

Yes hahahaha

cut it out

i hate telling anyone what to do ok...but i just dont think this is very safe and well, get a mechanical if you must fire sub ohm coilage....you can get one on FT for like 30 bucks...a lot cheaper than facial reconstruction surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread