Itaste svd vs Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
O God this is going to go bad quickly. Provari debate and vw debate in the same thread. Hide yo kids!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I can accept the arguments for just vv because my ego v v2 does pretty darn good.
Also I would have been fine with the joyetech 900 mah twist. But there is no indicator
as to where you are at power wise. That's what frustrated me. How can you have all your other devices
that have some type of batt level indicator but the twist nothing....

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
O God this is going to go bad quickly. Provari debate and vw debate in the same thread. Hide yo kids!

Naw. Or lets hope not. I am not even sure if I am going to have the ambition to mess with vv. My box gets here tomorrow, and I guess then I will know if it's worth the effort. VW is something that I sure and the h am to lazy to figure out. If vv is what you need to keep off smokes good. If vw keeps you off the smokes good. So on and so forth ;)

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Naw. Or lets hope not. I am not even sure if I am going to have the ambition to mess with vv. My box gets here tomorrow, and I guess then I will know if it's worth the effort. VW is something that I sure and the h am to lazy to figure out. If vv is what you need to keep off smokes good. If vw keeps you off the smokes good. So on and so forth ;)

Cigarettes? Whats that, a new mod? Is it better than my kayfun? ;)

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
It depends on what's important to you.
All I can tell you is that I haven't had the need to even consider another regulated apv since I received my provari 6 months ago.
So for me, yes, it is/was worth the money.
If you can comfortably afford one, i'd say get a provari. If the vape budgets tight, get an svd or maybe a zmax.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
A ford fusion and a lamborghini do the same thing, is the lamborghini worth the extra money ?

The lambo will give you 200mph and lots of chicks, the fusion will give you 140mph after some good tunes and meeee no chicks..

So.
The Provari will give you 30watts, or 10v (200mph)? And pretty chicks? NO

The SVD will give you the same plus able to use stacked for high current or sinlge battery plus is telescopic able to use diferent bettery size plus EGO CONE TREADING plus Variable Wattage plus solid stainles steel,

So wich one would be the lambo, i think SVD.

For the price of a provari you can buy one new SVD every few month for a couple of year.

Forgot that stupid overpriced provari unlis you are a millionar and just whant to show your money or pretend you are one like lots of people.

so get your SVD and save your money, MOD industry is growing super fast and maybe in a 5 or 6 month or earlier will be a new technology and you still have your money for it and not stock with an already outdated provari

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
The lambo will give you 200mph and lots of chicks, the fusion will give you 140mph after some good tunes and meeee no chicks..

So.
The Provari will give you 30watts, or 10v (200mph)? And pretty chicks? NO

The SVD will give you the same plus able to use stacked for high current or sinlge battery plus is telescopic able to use diferent bettery size plus EGO CONE TREADING plus Variable Wattage plus solid stainles steel,

So wich one would be the lambo, i think SVD.

For the price of a provari you can buy one new SVD every few month for a couple of year.

Forgot that stupid overpriced provari unlis you are a millionar and just whant to show your money or pretend you are one like lots of people.

so get your SVD and save your money, MOD industry is growing super fast and maybe in a 5 or 6 month or earlier will be a new technology and you still have your money for it and not stock with an already outdated provari

In the provari you don't need stacked batts, it's already accurate with a single battery.

Also, have you seen the provari? Something tells me chicks will flock to that mod ;)

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
In the provari you don't need stacked batts, it's already accurate with a single battery.

Also, have you seen the provari? Something tells me chicks will flock to that mod ;)

Are you sure? Try to fire a LR carto or coil with high voltage.. Not even 2.2ohm can be fire on high voltage

ynesasy2.jpg

BTW have you seen the SVD in their longer setup chicks will flock to that, 12 solid inches with a protank LOL

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Are you sure? Try to fire a LR carto or coil with high voltage.. Not even 2.2ohm can be fire on high voltage

ynesasy2.jpg

Yea it's called an amp limiter. Or in the v2's case a wattage limiter. Won't go above 3 amps? Or 14.5 watts. Liquid tastes horrid above that anyway

And take note that none of those results were even .1 volts off, which is the biggest selling point for the provari

jwark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
I really have never understood what is so great abou the provari. I own two of them and they just don't perform. I never use them. They have no power and can't take low resistance cartomizers. The are constructed well but the actual vaping on them is crap. I guess if you don't want to vape at max power they're ok.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas

ynesasy2.jpg

BTW have you seen the SVD in their longer setup chicks will flock to that, 12 solid inches with a protank LOL

Why would you want to fire 2.2 ohms at 6 volt anyway? Thats over 16 watts. Do you like the taste of burning?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I just read the Provari add at their site...says you cant use flat top batteries in them. I guess that's one small but cost effective drawback. Can you use those battery magnets on your flat tops ?

Have to buy extension cap to use the larger batteries. another added cost.

Can save a bit by buying a "blem"

NO

This is what it looks like inside a Provari

P1000611.jpg

The positive terminal (center) is recessed so that if you put your battery in backward it will not make contact. There is also nothing to prevent a magnet from flipping over so that it could short out the ckt board.

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Pointless to argue anymore. You vape your garbage, I'll vape mine. OP, hopefully you'll see why I don't post nearly as often as I used to here.... Too many "experts" and not enough "first-hand" evaluations of a product that inspires so much hatred and jealousy.

To the poster that said the Provari "don't perform".... PM me for me address, I'll ease your suffering and give them a good home. I'll trade you even up for a couple of ego twists since it's common knowledge that they eat Provaris for breakfast.

C Heise

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2012
    MN
    Just an example. I dropped my provari and it dang near cracked the concrete. If I had a Chinese mod it would probably have broke. No damage to provari at all except one itty bitty tiny scratch the you would not be able to see unless you were looking for it. I am not a Provari fanboy one bit but I know quality when I see it.

I've dropped my Vamo too many times to count. Most times, I've taken a puff or two and instead of putting it back in a pouch in my tool belt, I try putting it in my hammer loop. The hardest hit it's taken was about two weeks ago. It took a 16 ft drop, off a lift, onto concrete. The only damage was a scratch on the battery cap and a busted drip tip on my AGA-T. It gets covered in dust and debris. It gets buried in screws, nails and tools. I beat the crap out of it.... I've even used it as a hammer before. There is no way that anyone could convince me that I have to spend the money on a provari to get a good build quality. A provari would never see the kind of abuse I put the Vamo through anyway since it costs almost five times as much.

Now with that said, there are advantages of the provari. The biggest IMO is size, weight and looks. It's one of the smallest VV devices. You can get it in darn near any color. It doesn't weigh as much as a hammer and fits in a pocket. The provari is rock solid, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying there are multiple other reasons to purchase it and that also keeps this device a favorite among vaper's.

tppp

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2013
    United Kingdom
    allthejuices.com
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread