Itaste svd vs Provari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My .02

I have an SVD and love it! However after 2 weeks it started firing on its own and getting all jacked up. I contacted MVS and the took it back for repair or replacement I will know what one in about 2 hours when it gets to my mailbox. Also in my mailbox in 2 hours will be a Provari. I was a big fan of VW because I could just throw whatever I wanted on top and it would do the math for me and fire at 10 watts as I prefer. I have since stared doing my own wick/coils so everything I do is 1.2 ohms, all of the sudden VW is pretty much irrelevant as whatever head I put on will still be firing @ 10 watts because I have it set to 3.5 Volts, if i ever throw a SR carto on it I just bump it up to 5.5 and I am right back to my preferred 10 watts.

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
i would like to point something out

a few months ago, everyone was saying dont buy the provari, get a lavatube
then, dont buy a provari, get a zmax
more recently, dont buy the provari, get a vamo
now, dont get a provari, buy an svd

through all of this the provari kept the same strength in their fanbase. all of the other devices began having troubles a few months down the road.

also, im not talking through "expertise" on this, it is legitimate first hand experience. working at a vape shop, i see tons of people coming back 4-6 months down the line with vamo, zmax, and other mods having issues. we dont even carry the lambo or lavatube anymore because of how problematic those were. no one has ever came in with a broken provari.

im not knocking the vamo or any other device. they are great for what they are. i personally will never buy one because i cant stand the feel of their pwm.

is the provari better than the vamo and other such device? that is undeniable, yes. is it worth double the price of every other device? that much is up to you

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
Anytime another "should I get a provari or...?" thread rears its head someone should post the below. Asking is it worth the price is so subjective...why people post it is beyond me. You'll get 100 people saying it is and a 100 saying no.

Buy one...try it out...if you don't like it unload it on the classified section.

Want a nice vaping setup? Get a Provari and get a iTaste MVP. One will always work...and one will have a kick ... battery life.

through all of this the provari kept the same strength in their fanbase. all of the other devices began having troubles a few months down the road.

also, im not talking through "expertise" on this, it is legitimate first hand experience. working at a vape shop, i see tons of people coming back 4-6 months down the line with vamo, zmax, and other mods having issues. we dont even carry the lambo or lavatube anymore because of how problematic those were. no one has ever came in with a broken provari.

im not knocking the vamo or any other device. they are great for what they are. i personally will never buy one because i cant stand the feel of their pwm.

is the provari better than the vamo and other such device? that is undeniable, yes. is it worth double the price of every other device? that much is up to you

Last edited:

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
A Hyundai has many options on it and gets you to Point A to B without hiccup with a price tag of 20k fully loaded, a Bently will get you there same way and may or may not have as many functions as the Hyundai, but the bently was made with precise detail & love. Call me a Fan boy but I really like the build quality of the ProVari, Do I wish the ProVari had more options and features YES, but does it take away from the quality & reliability NO!

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
A Hyundai has many options on it and gets you to Point A to B without hiccup with a price tag of 20k fully loaded, a Bently will get you there same way and may or may not have as many functions as the Hyundai, but the bently was made with precise detail & love. Call me a Fan boy but I really like the build quality of the ProVari, Do I wish the ProVari had more options and features YES, but does it take away from the quality & reliability NO!
plus hyundais are soooo boring to drive

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
You guys think chicks flock to mods???

smiley_laughing.gif

usually no. look a little closer at the provari, i think youll see why chicks will love it ;)

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Hi
Considering the svd is dirt cheap on fasttech. Is the Provari worth the extra buck?

IMO, yes; the ProVari is well worth the extra money. Nothing on the market can compete with the Reliability, [Voltage] Consistency, Build Quality, Performance and Customer Service that the ProVari, and ProVape, provides.

Now, that being said, it's not necessary to buy a ProVari; you can enjoy vaping any device, regardless of quality and price (Higher Quality = Higher price. Higher price does not always equal higher quality though..)

I have owned countless APVs, a v2 Satin Black ProVari w/ 18650 cap was one of them and it was by FAR my favorite regulated device (I am not comparing, and will not compare Regulated PVs to Mechanical PVs).

In short; The SVD and the ProVari do the same thing (basically); but, the ProVari does it more consistently and reliably [it is extremely rare for someone to encounter a problem with a ProVari and, in the rare case that there is a problem, ProVape will make sure that problem is fixed as quick and painlessly as possible (Unlike Innokin).

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home

Well said I must say. I also work at a vape shop and get tired of all the junk they bring in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Well said I must say. I also work at a vape shop and get tired of all the junk they bring in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ever get those people that come in with terrible quality liquid that is thinner than water, tastes horrible, makes your mouth drier than a desert in 1 hit, and is ALWAYS pure black in there tank, but they SWEAR its better than yours lol

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Id say get the svd. Used a friend's mini, it was cool but if you change tanks with different ohms constantly, a vw device would be better to get a more consistent vape without having to change settings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

or you can take the 3 seconds to change the voltage and get a more consistent hit than a 33.3hz chip

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

tnt56

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    Tripple digits half way to home
    Status