iTaste VV by Innokin !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
HI there everyone, i'm new to e cigs and found that the itaste has good reviews and is recommended for a newbie like me. I do have some doubts about it, hope someone could guide me on this .

1. I see that this product as some adapters like 510 etc what is that actually?

2. what are atomizers and are they important?

3. what are refillable tank carts?

4. what is a Clearomizer?

i see some sites offer the starter kit with refillable carts and on some sites, they offer the kit with a clearomizer. which one should i get?

Also i heard that some e cigs would drip or leak? does the itaste leak?

Thank you ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
HI there everyone, i'm new to e cigs and found that the itaste has good reviews and is recommended for a newbie like me. I do have some doubts about it, hope someone could guide me on this .

i see some sites offer the starter kit with refillable carts and on some sites, they offer the kit with a clearomizer. which one should i get?

Thank you ;)

Hi, and welcome to the world of vaping. I just got an itaste VV V2 myself and while I'm still relatively new, not really a newbie. I'll try to answer your questions.

1 - There are two major thread systems used in vaping, 510 and 808. 510 is the most popular by far but there are a number of vendors who offer 808 threaded equipment. The threads I am talking about allow the cartomizer or other delivery system to be screwed onto the battery for use. One major difference for the two systems which makes it very easy to identify which is which is that a 510 battery has a male connection while the 808 battery has a male connection.

2 - Atomizers are the part of the ecig that produces apor. It is a coil of special wire wrapped around some form of wick material similar to a candle or oil latern wick. When the battery is activated the coil heats up hot enough to vapoize the liquid that is supplied by the wicks.

3 - Refillable tank carts, in the case of the iTaste, are a system where liquid is put into a small tank that holds about a milliliter. On one end is a mouthpiece and on the other end is a small "flapper" style valve that keeps the tank liquid tight until used. The tank is square, in this case, which matches the tank/atomizer holder head on the iTaste. To use it, simply press the tank, flat end down, into the head of the iTaste and vape. I will say it is a good idea to put some liquid into the tip of the atomizer before using it the first time to aid in feeding liquid into the atomizer from the tank. I will also say that, in my opinion, the iTaste tank cart produces some of the best flavor of any delivery system.

4 - A clearomizer is a self contained liquid storage system with a built in atomizer and wicks. In the case of the iTaste, the clearomizer is filled with about a milliliter of liquid using a syringe to inject the liquid. Some people find this to be too much trouble or don't like the idea since it has drug use overtones in their minds. Again, the iTaste system delivers excellent vapor and flavor.

The one you should get is the one that is best for you, an indeterminant answer I know. I would suggest the tank carts since they are easier to refill and can be refilled anyhwere as long as you have a bottle of liquid with a drip nozzle with you.

I haven't experienced any leaks or drips, of any significance, with my iTatse equipment. Some people may have, especially possible if the flapper valve in the tank wears out which would allow liquid to escape.

A few general observations regarding liquids. If you are looking for an exact replacement for a specific cigarette or cigar flavor, good luck! Vaping does not "taste" exactly like smoking since the liquid is heated to the point of vaporizing and there is no burning as in a cigarette or cigar. After five plus months I have found a mix that I like and I mix it myself. Order sample packs, if available, from reliable liquid vendors until you find a flavor you like.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it, your results and mileage may vary, no warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied.

Last edited:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Totally agree with the above. I've got two of the itaste now and wouldn't take anything for em. Yea the adapters are kinda a pain but not that much of a pain. Carry and use em everyday. One is set up for the itaste tanks.(the square ones) and the other is set up for a 510 connection for everything I got. Great product.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I also have two, one with the tank system and one set up for 808 use mostly, I'm a SI/Volt user but seem to be moving to 510 as time goes by. I really like the iTaste and the tank makes it so easy to switch flavors on the fly. I've been using the same atomizer since the day I got it, with only one rinse, and it's working like a charm. This has been my first venture out of the SI/Volt world and into the VV and, ultimately, the 510 world and I'm loving the iTaste. Great performance and the flexibility can't be beat!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere

Thank you ;)

Welcome Godspeed!
1. The adaptors are for using different threading cartos. But if you are only using 510 then it is. It necessary to get the 808. I bought the 808 extra, but have never used it.
2. As Awesome explained. Also yes, they are very important. That is the 'disposable' part of the ecig. They don't last forever. So when they die or stop working well, you exchange for a new one.
3. The carts clip into the atomizer and feeds juice to the atomizer. (this is the part you fill with juice).
4. The clearomizer is a different type to the atomizer and cart system. It is all in one (atomizer and cart).

Maybe the cart system and then get a separate clearomizer, just to try. Then you get a chance to try both and see what you like best.

It is a good idea to buy a juice bottle with a needle tip. Also HC has the U-Can bottle. If you can afford it, get that. Easy to carry with you and to refill your carts or clearomizers.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
Welcome Godspeed!
1. The adaptors are for using different threading cartos. But if you are only using 510 then it is. It necessary to get the 808. I bought the 808 extra, but have never used it.
2. As Awesome explained. Also yes, they are very important. That is the 'disposable' part of the ecig. They don't last forever. So when they die or stop working well, you exchange for a new one.
3. The carts clip into the atomizer and feeds juice to the atomizer. (this is the part you fill with juice).
4. The clearomizer is a different type to the atomizer and cart system. It is all in one (atomizer and cart).

Maybe the cart system and then get a separate clearomizer, just to try. Then you get a chance to try both and see what you like best.

It is a good idea to buy a juice bottle with a needle tip. Also HC has the U-Can bottle. If you can afford it, get that. Easy to carry with you and to refill your carts or clearomizers.

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions.

thanks dragonbone, i'm beginning to understand how an ecig works. If i were to get my own seperate tank system is there any out there? or clearomizer? or should i just use those supplied with itaste? I also read somewhere that there are those dual carts or parts out there for ecigs , what are they?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
thanks dragonbone, i'm beginning to understand how an ecig works. If i were to get my own seperate tank system is there any out there? or clearomizer? or should i just use those supplied with itaste? I also read somewhere that there are those dual carts or parts out there for ecigs , what are they?

You have the battery part and the 'top' part. Ie. cartomizer or tidy cart or tank system, clearomizer etc. almost anything can be used with the battery.
You can use any 510 cartomizers with the iTaste (and obviously 808's or whatever, as long as you have the adaptors).
You can also use the MiniVivi Nova. Other big tanks may look top heavy. Also remember that the iTaste is square, so think how you want it to look. Is the pen cap part important to you?

Go through this thread and look at some of the photos and see what set up looks good to you. I will take try to some pics for you later with different attachments.

I think that you are thinking too hard... Your first ecig will probably not be your last ecig you ever buy. Tell us what you want, and we will try to help. You could possibly get the iTaste with one of the setups, (tank or tidy cart) buy one extra of the other setup (for eg. If you bought the tank system, buy one spare tidy cart) and maybe a few Boge cartomizers and/or a Mini Vivi Nova.

godspeed1208

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Lion City
You have the battery part and the 'top' part. Ie. cartomizer or tidy cart or tank system, clearomizer etc. almost anything can be used with the battery.
You can use any 510 cartomizers with the iTaste (and obviously 808's or whatever, as long as you have the adaptors).
You can also use the MiniVivi Nova. Other big tanks may look top heavy. Also remember that the iTaste is square, so think how you want it to look. Is the pen cap part important to you?

Go through this thread and look at some of the photos and see what set up looks good to you. I will take try to some pics for you later with different attachments.

I think that you are thinking too hard... Your first ecig will probably not be your last ecig you ever buy. Tell us what you want, and we will try to help. You could possibly get the iTaste with one of the setups, (tank or tidy cart) buy one extra of the other setup (for eg. If you bought the tank system, buy one spare tidy cart) and maybe a few Boge cartomizers and/or a Mini Vivi Nova.

I saw that they are selling it in a tidy 10 cartomizer if i'm not wrong and yes the pen cap is important for me as it's not legal here in my country and atleast it would help look more like a pen ;) i have already made up my mind to get the itaste but not sure if to get it with a tidy 10 cartomizer and if it'll fit with the pen cap or to get it with the tank system it comes with.... and i think you are right.. i am thinking too hard lol. I just want to make sure i get something that would put me off analogs for good ;) And you are also right to say that it's not going to be my last ecig i'll ever buy ;)

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I saw that they are selling it in a tidy 10 cartomizer if i'm not wrong and yes the pen cap is important for me as it's not legal here in my country and atleast it would help look more like a pen ;) i have already made up my mind to get the itaste but not sure if to get it with a tidy 10 cartomizer and if it'll fit with the pen cap or to get it with the tank system it comes with.... and i think you are right.. i am thinking too hard lol. I just want to make sure i get something that would put me off analogs for good ;) And you are also right to say that it's not going to be my last ecig i'll ever buy ;)

Theres a shorty carto that you may like on gotvapes, youd have to refill it pretty frequently though.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Theres a shorty carto that you may like on gotvapes, youd have to refill it pretty frequently though.

The original Tidy10 fits perfectly under the cap, and holds quite a bit more than those shorties at gotvapes. There is also a Tidy10-V2 that is much better constructed and doesn't require a needle to fill, but it is just a tiny bit too long to fit under the cap, so you have to trim it a millimeter or two.

dupaloop3611

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
ohio
www.grandrapidseliquid.com
The iTaste, if used to "full" discharge or red on the button LED, will start out red, then change to orange, then remain green for a while. The LED goes completely out when it is fully charged.

when i plug mine in it only blinks from red to orange once then nothing.

how long do these take to charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread