Not open for further replies.

dupaloop3611

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
ohio
www.grandrapidseliquid.com
No green, or no light at all?

If it's staying yellow, there's a problem.

If there's no light at all, it's probably jsut fully charged.

well ive had it plugged in all day and the only light i get is when its first plugged in it goes from red to orange once. also when i try and smoke it i get no light on the button itself but it still works. this is my first itaste so idn whats up

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Just a guess, but it sounds like the green LED segment is "ferme". If the battery is still under warranty from the vendor, open a ticket and return it.

Exactly my thoughts. I had one other innokin (one of the Leas I had) that the red led was dead on arrival. Return it if it's still under warranty, just use it if not.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
well plugged in another 2-3 hours today and no green.....

Have you tried to charge anything else via your PC's USB?

Personally I use a wall plug for all my ecigs and never use my PC's USB ports for charging something. In the unlikely case that something goes wrong, I would rather not fry my PC too.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
181ylv.jpg

iTaste MVP

igbys

Dec 5, 2012
Earth
Has anyone tried to dry burn the tank atomizers? I've taken the base plate and spike assembly out, but the wick appears to be seated along each side of the coil and there wasn't enough slack to play with without tearing off the wick anchor :( I'll try giving it another go, but was wondering if it would be safe to dry burn with the wick attached or if there's a way to do so while keeping the wick anchors in place?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Has anybody had a problem with either the 510 or 808 heads not threading onto delivery devices properly? I have a pile of 808 stuff and some of it worked fine on the 808 head and some just wouldn't thread on to it. Then I ordered some Tidy clearos and they wouldn't thread on, so the vendor replaced the head. Now the Tidy clearos thread on with a little resistance, but a lot of my 808 stuff still won't thread on. It's driving me nuts. I may take a Dremel with a wire brush on it to the threads on the head to see if that helps.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Has anybody had a problem with either the 510 or 808 heads not threading onto delivery devices properly? I have a pile of 808 stuff and some of it worked fine on the 808 head and some just wouldn't thread on to it. Then I ordered some Tidy clearos and they wouldn't thread on, so the vendor replaced the head. Now the Tidy clearos thread on with a little resistance, but a lot of my 808 stuff still won't thread on. It's driving me nuts. I may take a Dremel with a wire brush on it to the threads on the head to see if that helps.

Wow, sounds strange. Any 808 stuff fits on my iTaste 808 connector, including Tidy carts, and different cartomizers. When you say that your vendor changed your head, is that what you are talking about. Is it a genuine iTaste part? Not that I am aware of any knockoffs lol...

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Yes, it is an genuine iTaste part. It is strange and I haven't tried the Dremel trick yet but probably will. I guess I'm just "lucky" since I seem to be the only one with this problem. I do love the iTaste VV though and have been using it more and more. Now if it were only an auto....

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I want to file the bottom pin that sticks out when you have a carto screwed in. That is what makes the carto rock around and sometimes misfire. I read about it somewhere... Not sure if it was this thread or maybe on YouTube. Anyway, not sure how to go about 'filing off' the protruding pin... anyone have any ideas? Like for eg. Can I use sandpaper?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I'd be careful about how much you file off for starters. That center pin is the electrical connection between the battery and the head. Take off just a little to much and no connection and the head is useless. If you wanted to take any off you could use sandpaper but that will be kind of slow. A file or emery board would work much better, but again, be very careful not to overdo things. The easiest way would be a high speed grinder like a Dremel but that would be very fast and therefor harder to control.

I think the misfires or nonfires I've had are more a result of corrosion/dirt interrupting the connection between the shell, socket, of the battery and the head. I usually clean the seat area and the head with an alcohol swab when that happens and everything works fine again, until the next time. It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen sometimes. I notice the plating down in the bottom of the socket isn't as good as the sidewalls and I think that's the real cause.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied.

Last edited:

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Hello all. I'm thinking of picking up one of these PVs, probably from Discountvapers unless there's a better deal somewhere else. Can anyone tell me what comes in the box? Does it come with all the attachments and tank/atomizer thing? I'm mostly using Kanger T3 clearos at the moment... will I need anything extra to use these with this battery? Is V2 the latest version or is there a newer version? Thanks.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hello all. I'm thinking of picking up one of these PVs, probably from Discountvapers unless there's a better deal somewhere else. Can anyone tell me what comes in the box? Does it come with all the attachments and tank/atomizer thing? I'm mostly using Kanger T3 clearos at the moment... will I need anything extra to use these with this battery? Is V2 the latest version or is there a newer version? Thanks.

It more or less depends on what the supplier decides to include. With my kit I got a 510, 808 and iTaste head, 5 atomizers for the iTaste head, 5 tanks for the iTaste head, a battery and a charger. I will say the square head/tank system is probably as close to using a drip system as you can get without actually dripping and flavors are quite distinct using that combo. It's also easy to clean and switch flavors with. The only downside to that system is that the tanks are fairly small and only hold about 1ml. If you want to use a T3 on an iTaste you will need a 510 to Ego adapted because the T3 only has Ego threads. I use T3s with an adapter and it has quickly become my favorite way to vape.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
It looks like the V2 and V3 version of this is ego threaded and does not use the magnetic attachment, which is fine by me but... the newer versions (or express kit?) don't come with the tank system? It's more for using your own clearos and whatnot or do they still come with a tank system? And would most say that they prefer the tank system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread