Itching all over both arms, head, and neck...withdrawl while still using nicotine?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Okay, so the title pretty much says it all. I just stopped analogs at 11:00am yesterday morning -6GMT (central US) and about three hours ago I started having these itching sensations that are driving me bat ..... crazy!
I'm not new to vaping, and am actually using a mix of what I used to vape with a new efluid from dragonfly. I had to mix them because the one from DF tasted like burning chemicals, but even before I mixed them I was having this "issue."

I'm not breaking out in hives, or even small bumps. I know that there's no way that I'm over nic'ing myself because I've only puffed about 15 hits off this thing in the last 14 hours. That's like 75% less than I normally smoke I'm sure....
The problem is, I'm using 24mg nico fluid, and I know that it's working, because it's controlling my cravings nicely; so there's no way that I'm withdrawing, and the possibility of me overdoing it is so low it's ......ed...
Is this a typical issue? I didn't see anything about it in the list.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Could be stress from quitting analogs. Cortisol levels in your body react to stressful situations, which can lead to itchiness.

Cortisol Levels & Itchy Skin | eHow.com

From that article:

A Japanese study, conducted by Dr. Yamamoto with Kyoto University in Japan, found that individuals who experienced itchy skin suffered from high levels of stress; although the study did not measure cortisol levels, stress causes high cortisol levels.

Last edited:

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
70/30 mix PG/VG in that order.
As stated, I've smoked digitals for almost three months now, WITH cigarettes, so I doubt it's anything nico related. As for the consistency of the cartomizers I was using hell...lord only knows. They're from green cig and come in a white box that just has a 24mg nicotine label on them.
I doubt they were much different though, as PG is cheaper than VG from what I understand.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Could be stress from quitting. Cortisol levels in your body react to stressful situations, which can lead to itchiness.

Cortisol Levels & Itchy Skin | eHow.com

From that article:

A Japanese study, conducted by Dr. Yamamoto with Kyoto University in Japan, found that individuals who experienced itchy skin suffered from high levels of stress; although the study did not measure cortisol levels, stress causes high cortisol levels.

Yeah; I thought of that, but the problem lies again in the fact that I'm not quitting. I haven't even really had an urge for a cigarette at all, and even when I have quit smoking cold turkey this didn't happen. I think that it's a reaction to the liquid, but I'm not sure what element of it that it could be.
...., if could all be in my head, idunno.

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
Sounds like you're getting too dehydrated. Bump your water intake up and see if you stop itching. It happens to me also if I forget to drink.

This...Is a HIGH probability. I actually got so busy the last few days that I didn't even drink in two days. Didn't, eat, or sleep either, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. (newborn babies that want constant attention or throw high frequency pitch fits will do that to you.)
I'll down the last twenty bottles of water that I've got and let you know how it goes.
Thanks Hairball, I almost completely forgot about that.
Probably explains the earache too!

Vapture

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
eastern canada
It's fairly common for people quitting smoking/nicotine to have tingling sensations or itchiness in various body parts.

Nicotine constricts blood vessels ... the tingling / itchy sensation could simply be from those vessels opening up and supplying more blood supply. Of course smaller vessels /capillaries are most affected affected because they were small to start with. Exterminates and skin are most affected.

This can happen when you decrease or increase nicotine substantially. So, hard to say which one it is, you would have to determine if nicotine is up or down.

There is also a significant drop in blood sugar when you cut down smoking significantly ... which itself may open up some smaller vessels a little more. Note: Smoking increase blood sugar spike MUCH more than nicotine by itself.

You also have a significant increase in oxygen levels when you stop / reduce smoking significantly ... and the extra oxygen in your blood supply may simply be awakening cells a little more than you're used to.

I suggest you do some activities to increase ... heart rate (exercise/walking/etc) ... to see if you notice a difference.

?? Maybe the new juice you're using has a higher nicotine level than indicated.

Maybe try purposely increasing nicotine elimination, by exercise, or sweating, or grapefruit juice, or a higher acid level meal (deli sandwich) ... and water of course ... if you think your nicotine levels are too high ...

Dracconus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
www.facebook.com
I note you say a newborn in the house Congratulations :) You are not by any chance taking any new medication? Allergy to medication can cause itching...

Nah, I've never been a fan of medication as an adult. They pumped me full of so much stuff as a kid it was ......ed. Ode to being a ward of the State of Texas (CPS Sucks...don't put your kids in it.)

I've been hydrating myself since last night, and it seems to have done the trick. I've drank probably somewhere in the range of 6 gallons of filtered water from my pur tap, and it might be what I needed. We'll see once I pump some more vape into my system today. If it happens again then I will know it is in fact the chemicals in the evape; and I'll have to figure out where to go from there I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread