It's called a what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
I'm Just curious, has anyone asked themselves what is up with, and why they come up with, some of names of vaping products? A lot of them seem to have no association at all with the products or use they represent! Like RDAs,tanks,Mods etc. With names like Lemo,Orchid, kayfun, Ego, Silverplay, and many,many more.Who comes up with this stuff??? Anyway i've wondered this for sometime and wanted to know what you people thought.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
RDA
Rebuildable dripping atomizer

Tanks because in the beginning we only had cartridges and big volume cartomizer sounds stupid

Mods named after the original replacable battery tubes which were in fact modded flashlight tubes and the monicker stuck

Actual item names? Who knows what a manufacturer is thinking

Trust me it isn't made up jumble speak, every label and acronym has a legitimate place to help better communicate

For example in the begining there was 20 different threadings you had to buy a specific product for a specific device.

Then joyetech and ovale invented a universal threading called ego. Suddenly everyone made ego threaded accessories and anyone could use anything. And the original product with that thread pattern is the ego battery, now all the copies are called ego regardless of who makes them

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
And, I believe "lemo" was an attempt to improve on the "melo". (Or maybe the other way around, this stuff moves so fast it's hard to keep track!)

But, given that vape gear is made in many different countries, the names can be a bit of a mystery. With my keyboard, I can't even spel erlkonigin correctly, and svoemesto????

ETA: And apparently I can't even spell "spell" correctly.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm Just curious, has anyone asked themselves what is up with, and why they come up with, some of names of vaping products? A lot of them seem to have no association at all with the products or use they represent! Like RDAs,Tanks,Mods etc. With names like Lemo,Orchid, Kayfun, Ego, Silverplay, and many,many more.Who comes up with this stuff??? Anyway i've wondered this for sometime and wanted to know what you people thought.

Marketing.
Like car names.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I'm Just curious, has anyone asked themselves what is up with, and why they come up with, some of names of vaping products? A lot of them seem to have no association at all with the products or use they represent! Like RDAs,Tanks,Mods etc. With names like Lemo,Orchid, Kayfun, Ego, Silverplay, and many,many more.Who comes up with this stuff??? Anyway i've wondered this for sometime and wanted to know what you people thought.

I've always thought the same about candy bars. Who came up with a Heath bar, Babe Ruth, Kitkat Twix etc?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
funny-chinese-sign-translation-fails-28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread