It's Drivin' Me Crazy, Why can't I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
All I want is a mechanical mod (high or low end) with both 510/Ego threading and adjustable airflow control, in Stainless Steel and/or Brass.

The only device that matches these specs is the L Rider Corolla which apparently is not a true mech, as it is supposed to have a wire connecting on the inside to the button.

Also looking for some place other than Venerable vaping (out of stock), that carries the DrawTube V2 Hybrid.

It is so frustrating.:mad:

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
All I want is a mechanical mod (high or low end) with both 510/Ego threading and adjustable airflow control, in Stainless Steel and/or Brass.

The only device that matches these specs is the L Rider Corolla which apparently is not a true mech, as it is supposed to have a wire connecting on the inside to the button.

Also looking for some place other than Venerable Vaping (out of stock), that carries the DrawTube V2 Hybrid.

It is so frustrating.:mad:

I'm a noob and do not own a mech mod, but I came across this while browsing FT and it looks like it has the features you want: $20.47 Bagua Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - chromed brass / telescopic pin / derlin insulator / 510/eGo threading at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Check out Zen's Z2 series. Modular mechs that you can build to taste, and comparatively affordable considering the flexibility and build quality. Pretty much meets your needs. You can buy whatever size tube you want, get a 510 adapter from the accessories page, and go. Most of the complete units also have adjustable throat hit on the RBA, which I'm guessing is why you want adjustable airflow.

Zenesis 2

Available at ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Hybrid Apv's

Last edited:

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Thanks for the replies. I have reservations as to whether the Bagua airflow control actually works or vents into the battery compartment, but it does have dual threading.

I don't want to have to use an adapter and I am uncertain whether my bats would fit in the Zen Hybrids as they say they are "specifically designed for AW IMRs).

I will keep looking. Something must exist.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Thanks for the replies. I have reservations as to whether the Bagua airflow control actually works or vents into the battery compartment, but it does have dual threading.

I don't want to have to use an adapter and I am uncertain whether my bats would fit in the Zen Hybrids as they say they are "specifically designed for AW IMRs).

I will keep looking. Something must exist.

You don't need the adaptor if you get the Cinis/Medius/etc. They are all-in-one. It's just that you can add the adapter so you can use your preferred topper or "build-a-mod" with separate parts. (But then again you wouldn't get the adjustable airflow since it's part of the unit that would come off for the adaptor).

Batteries are relatively cheap...I've got Efests in mine w/no problems (thought I was buying AW's). He designed the tubes to accommodate batteries that are slightly different in size, even within the same manufacturer.

Last edited:

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
You don't need the adaptor if you get the Cinis/Medius/etc. They are all-in-one. It's just that you can add the adapter so you can use your preferred topper or "build-a-mod" with separate parts. (But then again you wouldn't get the adjustable airflow since it's part of the unit that would come off for the adaptor).

Batteries are relatively cheap...I've got Efests in mine w/no problems (thought I was buying AW's). He designed the tubes to accommodate batteries that are slightly different in size, even within the same manufacturer.

Thanks. I like the open source nature of the mods.I will look into those.

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
I have one in my hand right now! silver dragon by sigelei

that top cap comes off and revels Ego threading albeit no airflow control

the Magneto also stainless with both 510/Ego threading but no air flow control - but the topper you use can manage airflow

my chi you "replica" stainless with brass accent does meet your needs - with both 510/Ego threading and adjustable airflow control

Last edited:

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Have you not considered the nemesis?

I have the stainless at $47 it rocks anything out there. IMO, and im on pre order for the brass..

My goto from now on.. great build and voltage drop lower than my chi you at 3 times the price

Thanks, I have the Nemesis and Chi You coming. The Nemesis has airflow control adjustment but is only 510 threaded if I am not mistaken. So far I have only found 2 devices (not including hybrids) that both have an airflow control adjustment and 510/eGo threading. One is the L Rider Corolla, the other is the probably the Chi You mentioned above.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
yep that's her

Cool. Thanks. I hope your not having any problems with her, cuz that is the one I ordered. The pics and description don't mention airflow adjustment, but someone mentioned it did indeed have it. Sometimes it is the small/lone voice in the crowd that gets ignored, that knows the answer.

Isn't odd that I can only find two devices that have both of these features? Are there any other unique or novel mech mod features I might want (aside from locking ring and magnetic switch i.e. Magneto, Galileo), like the Sigelei #23 adjustable fire button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread