It's hard bein a newbie...you waste lots of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started smoking ecigs about 3 months ago. I started up on the Halo G6. They were good. The tanks are well made batteries lasted decent. about half the day and the eliquid...sigh. This is really where e liquid companies getcha isn't it? Because all you get is a description. Not one single solitary puff to figure out if you can handle the eliquid. Nope. Not one. You have to actually buy the liquid and lets face most of the eliquids if it doesn't get past your nose then its probably not going to be smokes. Waste of lots of dollars hoping that this elquid or that eliquid tastes great...and it doesn't It tastes horrible and you sit there with your little box of eliquids gathering dust getting more and more disgusting. It feels like gambling really. The great search for your all day vape. The deliciousness and calm of finding yourself becoming one with your little cloud of vapor. That's all anyone wants. Lets move on though. If you found our all day vape you know what I mean.

Lets talk about the little machines that make the vapor. Unless you are watching a review for a kit you want to buy or maybe just a flavor you want to try STOP WATCHING THE VIDEOS! They make me dizzy with all there jargon and mods and doohickeys and strange contraptions and wires and DIY-ers. They make my head hurt with all the stuff I have to buy in order to smoke with cool dudes. Its worse than I-phones. Why do I need a whole room of vapor in order to smoke my nicotine? I feel like its the tuff guys questioning themselves and trying to make up for it with giant clouds around there heads and hardware talky talk. Its numbing.It started with muscle cars, then went to technology and now on to e cigs. Look I'm ok with myself, you should be too. Do reviews, be funny, be informative but stop with the weird masculine posturing. My favorite guys is this guy.

Innokin iTaste MVP Review - YouTube

He's down to earth, sorta hippy-ish but he's clear and concise and he knows his stuff. This guy I feel is like me. I just want to smoke. I don't care about your monkey .... juicy blueberry snuffle pop eliquid. I don't care about steel vs wire mesh or how cool you feel with your ceramic blobbity goop. Buh. Its tiring. My least favorite is this guy

Porous Ceramic Wick Review - YouTube

Why are you so serious man! Your too intense about a mini vaporizer! You freak me! Plus he does that dragon smoke thing with his vapor...WTH is that. Freaking me out! I have no idea what you are saying eliquid guy! labba blabba blabba! Plus lets face it...I just don't understand the hats. He could be the caterpillar in my alice in wonderland nightmare. Joking aside he's just too technical. He's just not my style. I'm dumb to ecigs.

Heres my bucket list for smoking ecigs

1. Is it cheaper than real cigs?
2. Does it taste good?
3. Will it last about 6 months without breaking the bank buying replacement parts?
4. Can I still have nicotine?

Booyah! If you answer yes I'll buy it.

I just bought a Itaste MVP after watching way too many reviews and I have to say this:its simple, ugly, cheap, well made, and does the job. Perfecto!

Maybe someday I'll work my up to weird hat/ caterpillar guy. Not today though. I just want to smoke and not disappear in a cloud of smoke.

Ecigs have come a long way. I'm glad there are more options out there than just the pen ecigs because lets face it no one really wants to keep charging batteries. NO ONE! I HATE IT SO MUCH! I just sit there staring at my little ecig batteries feeling jipped by life! You suck tiny 2 hour battery! You suck! I need ecig batteries that are charged by a potato or by the movement they make in your pocket. Sucky suck little batteries.

On the positive side there are a lot of great eliquids out there. Once you find them you don't really care for real cigs that much. I had a real cigarette last week. It was so horrible. My first thought was "You don't tate like blueberry smoke stupid cigarette!" It was horrid. So horrid I wondered how I smoked them for 20 years. The only thing that really lingers for me is the smell. OooooOOOooOOOh! Gotta love that smell of burning cigarette smoke. YUM! But the taste isn't worth it to me. I'll take torque or dk 555 or even monkey .... juicy blueberry snuffle pop eliquid (not a real eliquid)

These are just my thought. I thought maybe a lot of other people are in the same boat. Now I'm going to go buy some elquid that seems like it might taste good but actually just taste like kaka..again. The search continues.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Congrats on 3 months!!

You're quite right in that some treat this as a hobby, collecting different mods...:facepalm:...just give me the nic...:laugh:.

Others, the modders will build all sorts of crazy contraptions, (yes, I've done that..:oops:), but realize that is much of what has pushed the development of what you're using today. In the bad old days, a 2 hr battery was standard, mods were just that, flashlights and laser pointers made into PVs. :laugh:

For juice I ended up making my own to get it the way I wanted, and it's easy, (much cheaper too...:)) Saving money is fairly simple once you just have a way of getting your nic, without leaks, with a battery that will last at least 1/2 a day. I've been at it about 3years & 3 months, saved something over $13,000 that I didn't spend on smokes, and couldn't come anywhere near that in vape gear.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
Lol I love the post a totally agree with everything you said even how your least favorite YouTube guy is also my least fave. I just keep waiting for him to throw on a tin foil hat and yell aliens are coming, he's so intense and i have no real words to describe it lol.

I also agree with the post above DIY is the best way to find the most awesome flavors. I've been doing DIY since my first week of vaping and nothing I've ever bought premade beats it. Granted I do buy a couple premixes here n there but most of the time i try to figure out the recipe and make it better. I suck at doing cinnamons though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I am not sure when Break even can be accomplished be any given individual. So far, for me, it just hasn't happened.
Compulsive tinkerer with an Oh I Like That Issue.
I don't think I am deep in the hole comparatively budgeting, but I tend to not want to track expenses.

All my gear is functional and I know if I just vaped and enjoyed it I could be good to go in a few months. But NO I just have to go and find something else I really don't need and buy it.

I am working on this condition.:glare:

Durdan1

Sep 19, 2013
texas
Awesome post !! I felt and still feel the way. I ended up with the provari, after buying 2 ego twists. I've finally found what I like after using 2 mini protank 2 that broke on me after pressing on the glass trying to untwist to fix after so much flodding, then I bought a couple of trident clones , and built them but wasn't impressed with flavor sand all.. Then I bought a reg unitank then felt I was in heaven until I had to refill and then the flooding and gurgling started again omg!!!! Then I just received the iclear i30 s and so far no problems so far, cross my fingers , and happy thus far. I did waist a lot of money ,, all this within one month.. Love your post!!!

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
you want the truth

you want the truth?....but you cant handle the truth....lol i couldnt resist saying that ,the game is still the same the players have changed,by that im saying 3 1/2yrs ago everything out there was sub par so to speak now you have alot more sub par choices along with some really great choices, spending money is the same for newbies when i started it was always the latest and greatest today its the same but you have stuff that was built good enough they are still here today,either veteran or newbie we all paid our money dues but once you filter thru the sea of gear and find what works for you i think only then will you start to save money,for me i got a quality mod and a quality RBA and thats what i stick with , if you chase the rainbows (which we all do in the begining)you will learn after awhile which ones will dissapear

Getting the MicroStick & MiniGen combo, can't wait till December. Now I just need to learn pipe thread measurements so I can have a machinist make an extension tube. The tube would allow an 18650 in a mod designed only for 18350. Unscrew the switch, attach the tube with switch replaced on top. 18350 looks great and stealthy, but not for all occasions.

grimstar

Oct 23, 2013
usa
I've been vaping for about 3 years now, and I agree that it's almost overwhelming, in the beginning. But I've found it to be more like pipe smoking, which I did for about 2 years, before finding out about E-cigs. If you've ever known any pipe smokers, you know it's as much a hobby as it is a way to get the nicotine. With any activity, there's always new jargon to learn and new information to process. I also agree that trying new e-liquids is something of a gamble...but that's part of the fun...buy the smallest amount, 3ml samples, or 5ml bottles, then, if you don't like it, you're not out much money. And if you have friends that vape, you can always share :)

I agree wholeheartedly. A lot of people have posted here saying that they DIY. When I was a smoker I wanted to pay people to roll my smokes. I'd walk in the smoke shop with my feather boa and my monocle, wave my 8 dollars under the hippys face and say " Hello Garcon, give me some of your finest Camel Wides that money can buy. SPARE NO EXPENSE" I don' want to make stuff I want to smoke it. I love that people do mods I really do its cool and as one guy said it does the brainiac work for the ecig companies. I just don't want to...chalk it up to lazy smoker again. The only one DIY I'd like to try is to perfect Halos HX3. What is that? Desert camel, with pineapple and smidge of menthol. Maybe someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread