• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

It's official, folks - I am NOT in LOVE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I'll give out a new endorsement on both the Prodigy and the Stick...... they'll both survive a dunking.

Went up north this weekend to see the fam. Ended up IN the lake, fully clothed, with both of them in my pocket (long story, involving a canoe, lol)

Both units dried out, and are now working again...YEA!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'll give out a new endorsement on both the Prodigy and the Stick...... they'll both survive a dunking.

Went up north this weekend to see the fam. Ended up IN the lake, fully clothed, with both of them in my pocket (long story, involving a canoe, lol)

Both units dried out, and are now working again...YEA!

AWESOME! that's a good thing to know!

Speaking of the stick - where do you get your attys from for them? I remember you saying something about the ones from Janty aren't as tight (throat hit wise) as attys offered at other places. Sorry, can't remember when/where we discussed this..........or if it was maybe a dream?? LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
This review makes me hope for a meet-up soon. I want to try out a willing person's JantyStick and Prodigy to help me make my decision on which longer battery life device to buy. Damn this saving for tuition stuff, otherwise I could just pop for both.

Where you at? I live in Watertown (thou not for long) and work in Waukesha.... and always happy to show off my toys. :D

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
What does thou meaneth, "Not for Long" (in Watertown)? My new neighbor just came from the Town with Water / what's UP?!!8-o

Well, it means that the hubs and I are going separate ways....... fer right now, it's a temporary separation..... will it be made perm? I dunno.

I've found an apartment in Waukesha (a LOT closer to work!) and finalizing the details..... should be moving by the end of the month.

So, for right now, the Vickster is on shakey ground....

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
This review makes me hope for a meet-up soon. I want to try out a willing person's JantyStick and Prodigy to help me make my decision on which longer battery life device to buy. Damn this saving for tuition stuff, otherwise I could just pop for both.

You betcha yah! That's the beauty of our get togethers!!

What are you using now (sorry; too lazy to look back through the posts lol)? I use the 510 & the stick. I wish I would have started with the Stick, or 801 first LOL

I LOVE the throat hit I can get from my 510, but the amount that the 801 cart holds combined with the battery life and size of the stick makes it a better deal for travel.

hey Vicks -what all can you use on your Prodigy? If memory serves, one could use a 901 on yours, right?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Yup...I've got adapters for the 801 & the 901 for the Prodigy, but I know there's also an adapter for the 510..... dunno if there are others or not.

I've been toying with the idea of getting into the 510's...I've heard alot of people saying they get better atomizer performance and life out of them...but, yea, I'm waffling. I just don't wanna fall in love with a new atty, and then have to stock up on that!

Gads, what we do for our little hits of nic, eh? Still beats analogs, though!

Lyndale

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Wisconsin
You betcha yah! That's the beauty of our get togethers!!

What are you using now (sorry; too lazy to look back through the posts lol)? I use the 510 & the stick. I wish I would have started with the Stick, or 801 first LOL

I LOVE the throat hit I can get from my 510, but the amount that the 801 cart holds combined with the battery life and size of the stick makes it a better deal for travel.

hey Vicks -what all can you use on your Prodigy? If memory serves, one could use a 901 on yours, right?

I've got an M402 right now. I'm about to order some manual 401 batts for it. I wish I'd have just sprung for a mod.

After looking into the Prod, the Chuck, and the JantyStick I've decided my next purchase is going to be a Chuck. The customization, the 1 year warranty, the rave reviews... I'm sold on it. I figure it'll be about $150-$160 for the Chuck, the batts and charger, the attys and carts. I'm going to go with the 801 atty for it, I've heard the 801 carts hold a good amount of juice and the attys produce generous amounts of vapor.

The heavy duty construction is also a plus. I've managed to break plenty of things from dropping them from such heights as one foot off the ground. :mad:

Yup...I've got adapters for the 801 & the 901 for the Prodigy, but I know there's also an adapter for the 510..... dunno if there are others or not.

I've been toying with the idea of getting into the 510's...I've heard alot of people saying they get better atomizer performance and life out of them...but, yea, I'm waffling. I just don't wanna fall in love with a new atty, and then have to stock up on that!

Gads, what we do for our little hits of nic, eh? Still beats analogs, though!

I hear you on the atty situation. I wish I'd have bought a 510 off the bat instead of the M402. The 510 attys are available on all of the mods I've seen... but not my M40X attys. I like the M4, it's working quite well for me, but I wonder why it doesn't get the rave reviews the 510 gets.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I I've decided my next purchase is going to be a Chuck. The customization, the 1 year warranty, the rave reviews... I'm sold on it. I figure it'll be about $150-$160 for the Chuck, the batts and charger, the attys and carts.

The heavy duty construction is also a plus. I've managed to break plenty of things from dropping them from such heights as one foot off the ground. :mad:

Chuck? OMG; I have been away too long! I know nothing of this Chuck LOL
Time to do some searching! LOL

And yes; compared to the 510, the 801 holds an insane amount of juice. My problem is getting use to a lesser throat hit. Which is funny, since I use to smoke Marlboro Lites and they didn't really have a throat hit! LOL

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Good Prophets had a killer deal on 510s, so I snagged a second kit. I have two chargers and 4 batts and a nice supply of attys. I'm switching between that and the 901 and 401. I've been able to keep the 510's going nicely with the two chargers, but otherwise, I really think the 510s short battery life can hamper its usefullness at times. I was going to get a mod, but I was still sort of waiting on the X Haler. I'm really trying to stick to the budget,,, lol. I still don't have a 510 PCC yet.

I picked up a bottle of Flue Cured, which is nice stuff, and mixes well with menthol, apple or orange, or chocolate.

My 901 passthough died,,, :mad:

Wow,the Chuck looks nice, too. I'm anxious to see what people have at our meeting.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Sadly I won't have a Chuck by then. I'm having health problems, and being uninsured is making me think I have to hoard money to pay for whatever is wrong with my kidney/bladder.

It's always a pisser when you don't feel up to par, Lyndale.....take it easy and get better!

The Chuck does look nice, especially with the different color and graphic design packages...alas, money's tight here, too. I'll just have to be happy with the Prodigy and the Stick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread