it's really frustrating using new set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
i've been vaping for.. little over 2 yrs. always used mech mod. always used clone. well, some authentic rdas. now things are getting more affordable with some of the items getting down right cheap, i decided to try some regulated mod. found rx200 for $35. just couldn't resist.

first vape was good. even second. used my kilo dewberry and true blue. then i ran out of my vape money. had to get cheaper juice. no big deal. had it before and it was fine. for whatever reason, that juice is now giving me throat pain. i tried different atty, then tried different coil.. new wick.. god dang it. went back to mech mod and i'm fine! gee.. so i'm guessing i'm just not finding the 'sweet spot' for the set up. started with voltage at 3.7V and slowly going up. not finding what i'm looking for.

i'm sure i'll find the right setting sooner or later, but it's just frustrating having to spend time learning how to vape all over again.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Bullet
I can't really relate because I started with VW mods. I purchased a couple of mechs, just in case for the future, but have not yet actually tried them as yet.

Since you are obviously using your rx200 on power mode and not TC I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why the mod is making any difference to your vape. I know the mech mod delivers power levels based on the battery's charge level but when fully charged I thought it was virtually identical to what you get from the VW mod. If I'm not understanding it correctly I'm sure someone will correct me.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's an idea. Fully charge an 18650 (if that fits in your mech). Build your coil and check the resistance. Vape a little and see if you like it. If all's good, calculate what the wattage is as you know the voltage (4.2 if you fully charged an 18650) and resistance. Enter that wattage into the RX200. Place the same tank on it and you should have essentially the same experience.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    On any new setup I like to start LOW (IE: 10W) and slowly move my way up from there. I'll stop at not any given number but when the vape is how I like it.

VW mods will read the resistance of your coil and then calculate the voltage to apply to come up with the wattage value you have selected.

It is quite possible for whatever reason that the coil mounted on the RX200 is reading a bit high of resistance so that your predetermined wattage/voltage is actually to high.

If you start low and work your way up you may find that you are vaping at a much lower wattage than what you were before. The nice part of a regulated VW mod is that it should maintain the same wattage over the discharge curve of your batteries. Thus providing a more consistent vape over the mech mod.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

bullet08

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2014
    USA
    this afternoon, i had wonderful vape on this thing. now it's causing problem again. the harshness only on exhale. i had harshness on inhale before, but once i raised the wattage, it went away.

yeah, i figure that out. start at 3.7 volt, and go up slowly. i'm finding around 4.2 volt is good. i'll play with it little more. che ked the coil and made sure it's good. changed the cotton and it's good.. maybe air flow to the coil.. too much or too little. the intake is right next to the coil and wick is not blocking the air around the coil..

bullet08

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2014
    USA
    ha! it was the afc! i close the vent a little and lower the wattage until it was at 4.00 volts. now everything is smooth again. i think the vape was too dry due to wide open air intake along with little too hot a vape. by lowering the wattage and closing the intake a little, that gave enough moisture to the vape and making it smoother. so, i play with it little more..

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    ha! it was the afc! i close the vent a little and lower the wattage until it was at 4.00 volts. now everything is smooth again. i think the vape was too dry due to wide open air intake along with little too hot a vape. by lowering the wattage and closing the intake a little, that gave enough moisture to the vape and making it smoother. so, i play with it little more..

and now you know why we can only give general advice.. what works for some might not for others and a little personal adjustment goes a long way. happy to see you worked it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread