Its safe The Dr has spoken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Another medic endorsing esmoking, that's good news. I wonder how much Smoke51 paid him to endorse their product though, he isn't necessarily going to be seen as impartial. Has anyone heard of this doctor before? It sounds like he's from the US. Maybe he has trials or research we could co-ordinate and broadcast with him.

Great find Maz.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Kate, he's a hired gun. At any court trial, an "expert" doctor can be found at considerable expense to testify to whatever is needed. Same with something like e-smoking. Note that he says only that he reviewed the research (so have we) and he has personal experience (so do we). He never says he's done trials. For all we know, he could be an actor (Big Pharma has pulled "fake doctor" many times). But give 51 this -- they are getting out there now. They're doing what no other company is doing, in multiple ways.

This is an ad. It's worthless as factual material.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
"... which according to lab results consists of 99% of water..."
So they aren't using PG.

He was talking about exhaled vapor, not being dangerous like second-hand smoke (which, he says, has been proven to cause lung cancer! Where's the proof of that?)

I'm also disturbed by his repetition of the "4,000 carcinogens" in tobacco smoke. Over and over, he says this. I've read the studies and there are about 4,000 known chemicals in tobacco smoke, of which about 200 are carcinogenic. Where are studies showing 4,000 carcinogens? Certainly not all chemicals are carcinogenic or mutagenic.

And does he have funny eyes or is he reading?

I agree, you can get anyone to say anything in a commercial, I have even seen fake doctors, but its noramlly marked in the fine print. This guy at least seems like a real doc, even if he was paid.
Anyone look at their product?
I sure is Not cheap, but is it a Longtotem?
Its so expencive, because they have to pay for that InfoMercial they had to produce :)

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
That ad sucks, I have to say.

However, they are poised to make a big splash because there are little to no other viral ads for e-cigarettes targeted towards Americans. For people like us, we know where to look for information on e-cigarettes, but that's just it: most people don't know about this technology and don't know where to look. This ad gives them something to bite on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread