Its time to be real with myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Did you ever try a Nautilus tank with 24mg nic? I believe that this combo, that level juice with that tank can and does give you more nic than the juul. Even though the juul is 50mg nic, you can't get a large puff. With the Nautilus and 24mg juice you get much more vapor per puff so more nic than the juul after just 1 - 1 1/2 puffs. I tried the juul and I thought this setup that I carry around with me all the time is more satisfying than the juul too.

On a side note, you say that you tried vaping and it didn't work for you. I think you tried vaping, true but you tried just a little bit. That's all you tried. Smoking 3 cigarettes daily is a small fraction of the amount of nic you tried when vaping. To me it doesn't even seem like you're addicted to cigarettes, vaping or nic for that matter. People here smoked, were addicted to it and now addicted to vaping. You are obviously smoking for a different reason.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah its part of the journey actually. Don't beat yourself up about it. If you can dual and keep to that pack a week, you've won something already.
Have you used the unflavoured WTA from Aroma? It definate takes the edge off.
If it wasn't for that, I would've been a pack a weeker (for the howmanyth time) again to... :w00t:

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
I'm not ready to quit guys, I've tried lots of vaping methods ranging from JUUL to Aspire Breeze to Boba's Bounty to NET juices as well. I started smoking 3 American Spirits / day and am limiting myself to a pack / week.
Well you know what they say...
Rehab's for quitters!!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I for one am proud of you. We are all gonna die someday so at least you know how you will go. Don’t fight it, just give in and let sweet lady tobacco take you away on a glorious cloud of smoke. Smoke not vapor, vapor just dissipates quickly and could not properly carry you away. For that you need good ole American tobacco smoke. Congratulations, I’ll see you on the other side. :smokie:

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
I'm not ready to quit guys, I've tried lots of vaping methods ranging from JUUL to Aspire Breeze to Boba's Bounty to NET juices as well. I started smoking 3 American Spirits / day and am limiting myself to a pack / week.
If you are able to limit yourself to 3 a day, it is not too much of a leap to just quit. Just don’t buy that next pack, quit dragging it out and torturing yourself. Quitting is not just about the nicotine, sounds like you are getting caught up on the mental aspect. Things get easier once you realize being a non smoker isn’t that bad.

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
Everyone has a different journey - I mixed the two for quite some time, almost 100% vaping during my wifes pregnancy but then ended up back on the smokes, the last year I've been dual using cigarettes and vaping, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking about my upcoming 40th birthday and for me thats just kind of a milestone thing, I felt I wanted to make a real effort to cut out the bad smokes when I hit 40 - I ended up upgrading some of my gear, and trying "short bursts" of no smoking when travelling - I ended up going 2 weeks, then 3 weeks and and I'm now 7 weeks without a smoke and intend to carry on that way. I found it helpful not to make any grand announcements, even to my wife I just said "I think I'll try and smoke less". I now feel comfortable saying "I've quit"

Im that short space of time, I've also got into DIY liquids, building my own RTA coils and own three tanks and one mod more than I did 7 weeks ago :)

My defining moment was three weeks ago when I was dragging on my Kensei RTA on the terrace blowing massive clouds and thinking to myself.. "man, this **** is better than smoking, I actually enjoy this more than a cigarette".... since then I've really not had any desire to smoke again.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    If you are able to limit yourself to 3 a day, it is not too much of a leap to just quit. Just don’t buy that next pack, quit dragging it out and torturing yourself. Quitting is not just about the nicotine, sounds like you are getting caught up on the mental aspect. Things get easier once you realize being a non smoker isn’t that bad.
    Not only is it not just about the nicotine, to say nicotine was the thing in cigs I tolerated to get the other chemicals would only be a slight exaggeration. Acting like it should be easy and that everyone is the same is not helpful. I was at 3 cigs/day for a month, and also 4/day and 2/day that long as well. Maybe with more understanding, I could have sped it up.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Dang, you're 18. Go out and have fun, life will get serious soon enough. Have some good times to look back on.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Congrats for the reduction but the earlier you make the switch and quit, the higher your chance for evading the dreaded smoking related diseases.

You are only 18 so time is on your side. I’m a fairly young-ish man but I’m 28 :eek:
    I remember back in the day when I was 18 I thought I never would have to contemplate the dreaded 30s but here they come...

Why can’t you stay duel? As people (& @Baditude) often say, ‘it’s not the amount you smoke that matters, it’s the amount you don’t.’

Best of luck and hopefully we’ll see you when your slightly older as opposed to a decade when you’ll be 28 and you’ll find me in the ‘old guys, vaping on the porch’ thread (something like that anyway)

Take care.:thumb:

Khannnnn

Sep 1, 2017
    Just dual use. You will quit over time. It happened for me it can happen for anyone. Yeah, I was an ...... for a month or so, but it got better. I don't smell like absolute dung, my hands aren't stained, my clothes don't stink, and I can breath again. Stick it out. It's worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread