Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
So Quigs... can't you offer your modding services in the Services section of the forum, and charge for the service, do enough of them to buy the first woodvil, then apply the MoN technique of trading up to the Ebony with Canoeist (hint: Maples or Zebra)? :)

It's not really a cash issue, the 9 to 5 pays pretty good (though a little stressful, hence why I mod)...I just prefer to be creative in my procurement of my little toys (or so my wife calls them) plus maybe help out those that don't have a bunch of cool tools... the brute force "name your price" model kinda takes the fun out of it imo

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It's not really a cash issue, the 9 to 5 pays pretty good (though a little stressful, hence why I mod)...I just prefer to be creative in my procurement of my little toys (or so my wife calls them) plus maybe help out those that don't have a bunch of cool tools... the brute force "name your price" model kinda takes the fun out of it imo

This made me laugh. My dad was an auto mechanic and a big-time barterer. I have many memories of Daddy's many acquisitions and the supper-table discussions that would ensue. Mom would inevitably ask how much something had cost him, and he'd answer "nothing" when in reality he may have traded two cars and a transmission job for a pool cue! :lol:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
This made me laugh. My dad was an auto mechanic and a big-time barterer. I have many memories of Daddy's many acquisitions and the supper-table discussions that would ensue. Mom would inevitably ask how much something had cost him, and he'd answer "nothing" when in reality he may have traded two cars and a transmission job for a pool cue! :lol:

LOLOL! 2 cars and a transmission for a pool cue.... wow... that must have been one nice pool cue:p.... hehehe.

I hear ya Quigs... I'd stalk the classies and buy your first Woodie to start bartering with then if you can:p. The goal is in sight!!! *peers at canoeist* :drool::drool::lol::lol::lol:

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia

Yup, pretty much where I got it from, my dad was forever making deals... must have drove our nice quiet suburban neighbours nuts... coming home from school was always a dart board, was there going to be 100 45gal food grade drums stacked on the front lawn or a frontend loader in the driveway?

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Also... in my recollection there was only ONE all Ebony mod made 18650 of the last 300 mods (there were 3 all ebony minis tho).

I guess that makes me the lottery winner.

My full ebony from the most recent sale... Currently my daily driver, and will be laser engraved with my unit crest, tour of duty dates, etc. upon safe return home.

Only way you're getting this thing from me it to pry it from my cold, dead hand.

hyvu4u2u.jpg

This was my first ever woodvil. I'd love to say that it is being pampered, but over here there is only so far that goes... She has a few battle-scars, but she is mine!

ydu2aqub.jpg

Sorry to disappoint, but don't give up!

/giggle MINE!!

gu4u8aba.jpg

I'm going to love it and hug it and pet it and call it George!

Sent from the zoo using Tapatypo 2

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

My full ebony from the most recent sale... Currently my daily driver, and will be laser engraved with my unit crest, tour of duty dates, etc. upon safe return home.

Only way you're getting this thing from me it to pry it from my cold, dead hand.

hyvu4u2u.jpg

This was my first ever woodvil. I'd love to say that it is being pampered, but over here there is only so far that goes... She has a few battle-scars, but she is mine!

ydu2aqub.jpg

/giggle MINE!!

gu4u8aba.jpg

And I can not wait to see the pic of the engraving when you arrive back home!!! What a story for your very first Woodvil!

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

hyvu4u2u.jpg

ydu2aqub.jpg

/giggle MINE!!

gu4u8aba.jpg

Wait... so there were 2 full ebony 18650 in the last sale? I only saw 1, but either way, congrats:)!!! The ebony are gorgeous:)!!

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA

hyvu4u2u.jpg

ydu2aqub.jpg

/giggle MINE!!

gu4u8aba.jpg

Did you really just giggle? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread